Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

12-18-2020, 09:34 PM   #265
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
I just realized after re-reading the events.

Someone took this car before giving it to you, for a joy ride then decided to leave a paper trail of them getting pizza?

Who the hell does that in 2020? Print out a Google route to get pizza?
minn1914037.50
      12-18-2020, 10:41 PM   #266
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Cs Lamborghini Huracan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford0719 View Post
I live in New York. I don't work for anybody except myself. Dealers can be dumb. Maybe they didn't even know. They could have easily sold the car used and not Cpo. Cpo costs money. They probably bought the car as a company car and didn't know. Same way a dealer can Cpo a tuned car that has never been caught. Sometimes they just don't know everything or examine every detail of every car they get.
You do realize it takes 10 seconds for the Service manager, Sales manager, GM or whoever is in charge take check their computer to find the Vehicle Disclosure which looks like this. I attached the pic. It took me and the SA seconds to find this..

Way less time than to get a car CPOd..LOL

Why would the dealer go through 2.5-3.0 hours of labor for CPO inspection that they are paying mechanic salary for something that cannot be certified?
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
minn1914037.50
BMW335i_111.50
      12-18-2020, 10:42 PM   #267
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
I just realized after re-reading the events.

Someone took this car before giving it to you, for a joy ride then decided to leave a paper trail of them getting pizza?

Who the hell does that in 2020? Print out a Google route to get pizza?
exactly... at this point who knows.

Maybe was hungry after the track
Appreciate 1
BMW335i_111.50
      12-19-2020, 01:57 PM   #268
DML
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 Heritage

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
BBB has no authority over anything. They're just old school Yelp for boomers.

I say get a lawyer involved.
I've had 100% success with BBB complaints.

Bring a lawyer in and nobody wins. Except the lawyer.

Another downside of the attorney is you will bring everything to a screeching halt. And if the OP signed a piece of paper that says "As Is" - well then he gets to pay the lawyer - making his out of pocket even worse.

I would say lawyer should be last ditch effort - if you can get someone to take the case.
I'm a Lawyer. Don't bring a Lawyer unless a relative or friend, work on the cheap side.
Appreciate 4
doug_9992542.50
YASBBYM3592.50
BigHunk269.50
      12-19-2020, 05:57 PM   #269
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DML View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
BBB has no authority over anything. They're just old school Yelp for boomers.

I say get a lawyer involved.
I've had 100% success with BBB complaints.

Bring a lawyer in and nobody wins. Except the lawyer.

Another downside of the attorney is you will bring everything to a screeching halt. And if the OP signed a piece of paper that says "As Is" - well then he gets to pay the lawyer - making his out of pocket even worse.

I would say lawyer should be last ditch effort - if you can get someone to take the case.
I'm a Lawyer. Don't bring a Lawyer unless a relative or friend, work on the cheap side.
That's what I was thinking..
Appreciate 1
BMW335i_111.50
      12-19-2020, 09:28 PM   #270
R N M
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Wow amazing ending to this story - congrats to the OP!

BMW should definitely provide some type of monetary compensation to you for going through this ordeal.
That dealership should be fined and management/salesperson fired for 100% fraud.

I don’t get companies that do business this way. It’s much easier to be honest and do things the right way. BMW needs to own up and take responsibility and make sure the dealership changes their ways.

This forum is banning long time members for no reason, hopefully ik6speed is back.
Appreciate 1
IB M2782.00
      12-19-2020, 11:46 PM   #271
Mazen189
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Glad this all worked out. Fuck Beaumont bmw fir doing that and the pos salesman who probably made 500 bucks on all that

Also unban ik6speed

Goes to show how mods can get butthurt over stupid crap
Appreciate 1
YASBBYM3592.50
      12-20-2020, 03:11 AM   #272
imasalesperson
Rep
Drives: 2017 Ford Mustang

Holy smokes... I read this as if I go study for an exam. What a great read and happy ending at the end!

I’m in AZ buying a 2019 bmw m4 comp+exec package with 40k miles with 10k miles warranty left from bmw west in Houston. I hope I don’t run into this issue too but I did get it PPI and I will do closed delivery. Fingers crossed...
Appreciate 1
YASBBYM3592.50
      12-21-2020, 02:19 PM   #273
adam_s
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 (E46 M3 sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imasalesperson View Post
Holy smokes... I read this as if I go study for an exam. What a great read and happy ending at the end!

I’m in AZ buying a 2019 bmw m4 comp+exec package with 40k miles with 10k miles warranty left from bmw west in Houston. I hope I don’t run into this issue too but I did get it PPI and I will do closed delivery. Fingers crossed...
BMW West is a preferred dealer with M Gruppe so you should be fine. PPI is always smart too!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2020, 02:38 AM   #274
InnerBlueSkies
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Un-ban ik6speed!
Appreciate 1
YASBBYM3592.50
      12-23-2020, 11:26 AM   #275
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRYM3 View Post
says right on the car fax corporate fleet vehicle, definitely not a car id want but I can see them putting it on you saying they provided you the car fax and you didnt notice that
That line on a car fax doesn't mean a vehicle was a fleet track car. In this case it might be, but how is he supposed to know that, how do you know it's not a press car? Or an executive demo car from that car fax line? Or BMW had that "Access" subscription program that lets people just drive whatever, that line could cover those cars too.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2020, 12:45 PM   #276
AK435
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

What a story! Good on @ik6speed for helping out, and the OP for following up here. Agree with others on the red flag as "fleet use", and the registration in NJ.

Most higher end manufacturer press cars/fleet cars have paint protection film applied on high impact areas after PDI. That would reduce the pitting on the front end seen here. Incompetence all around! BMWNA probably farms out the track car prep/management to a 3rd party though.

That email from the GM is absolutely garbage, particularly "don't feel you are owed anything". This person needs to get customer interaction/satisfaction training. He could have easily swung this event back to a positive...the internet will do its thing with this now...

Hope all goes smooth with the next car for the OP.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2020, 01:25 PM   #277
akkando
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMpower View Post
The M3 I drove at Thermal BMW Performance Driving school had extended leather AND full shades. In fact, it was a fully loaded ZCP, DCT, CCB.

I think the only time we can be 100 percent positive it's not a PC car is if it was a 6MT.

Sorry to hear your misfortune OP, from the pitting, and the way the car is spec'd plus it was registered as a Manufacture Fleet vehicle all points to it being used as a Performance Center car at Thermal. Keep bugging that dealership to give you the full prior usage disclosure, they MUST disclose to you if it was a previous PC car. I think the dealership is hoping you would just give up and go away... seems a bit shady so far.
I have pics of my time at PC Thermal and every pic has the cars on 437m wheels. That doesn't mean they don't order them with 666m then swap there and on the way out though.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2020, 01:33 PM   #278
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
Wow amazing ending to this story - congrats to the OP!

BMW should definitely provide some type of monetary compensation to you for going through this ordeal.
That dealership should be fined and management/salesperson fired for 100% fraud.

I don’t get companies that do business this way. It’s much easier to be honest and do things the right way. BMW needs to own up and take responsibility and make sure the dealership changes their ways.

This forum is banning long time members for no reason, hopefully ik6speed is back.
I tried a little with BMW Na, but they just kept apologizing.

I agree Ik6speed is a legend.

#unbanIk6speed
Appreciate 1
BMW335i_111.50
      12-23-2020, 01:36 PM   #279
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imasalesperson View Post

Glad you enjoyed the read!!

Ahh Goodluck to you!
Appreciate 1
BMW335i_111.50
      12-23-2020, 01:38 PM   #280
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazen189 View Post
Glad this all worked out. Fuck Beaumont bmw fir doing that and the pos salesman who probably made 500 bucks on all that

Also unban ik6speed

Goes to show how mods can get butthurt over stupid crap
#unbanIk6speed
Appreciate 1
BMW335i_111.50
      12-23-2020, 01:39 PM   #281
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerBlueSkies View Post
Un-ban ik6speed!
Yes!!

Unban IK6SPEED
Appreciate 1
BMW335i_111.50
      12-23-2020, 02:24 PM   #282
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by YASBBYM3 View Post
Okay guys. This is a long one.

Recapping, started this thread on 12/2. Going into the 8th day on 12/9 still had no resolution and things were getting worse by the day. Purchased the car sight unseen, many chips on bumper and windshield, as well as pitting on headlights. Suspected it was an M Track car, but as a longtime member on Bimmerpost, I know BMW does not allow track cars to be CPO. Would not have considered it to be a track car. The Dealer denied it was a track car. As can be seen the information was all over the place with no consistency and major speculation in thread as BMW of Beaumont decided I was simply out of luck.

I was told by someone that it was too bad that @ik6speed had been banned from Bimmerpost in the spring as he had great insight into legal matters such as this in the past. Started searching the internet in an attempt to contact him.

Around noon on Wednesday 12/9 I made contact via text. Had him look at the thread and after reading for 10 minutes, he felt the Carfax post was probably most accurate as it dealt with facts and not speculation. I sent him a pic of the actual Carfax report and he immediately felt the conclusion posted in the thread based on the Carfax post was incorrect.

He said he was going to call a dealership he had a relationship with and find out the history of the car. Within 5 minutes, he had info that the car was used by a BMW Executive in Texas despite the NJ title until October 2019 and then shipped to Fontana for M Track use. Under the vehicle confidential info, it was noted the car was not eligible for CPO or ESC.

So in 15 minutes he was able to definitively answer the history of the car with facts and that it was a track car. He also asked the dealership manager how the car could be sold CPO as that was also shown as unavailable in vehicle info. The manager told him that he was confused as well as the BMW software clearly stated the car was ineligible. He went on to explain everything that happened and dropped a hint that the owner (me) was going to sue the dealership for fraud and BMWNA for participating in the fraud by certifying the car as CPO. He then asked the manager to inquire of his contacts at BMWNA to how the car could be CPO despite it being ineligible.

At this point @ik6speed told me we had them. 15 minutes into it. They just did not know it yet. We were going to steer, but they controlled the accelerator. He suggested I go to the local BMW dealership to see if I could get a screenshot or printout of the confidential vehicle info and told me exactly where and what to look for.

He also told me if I wanted his help, no posting about this on the internet until it was over. Then I could do whatever. He didn’t want me telling the world what he had as evidence in our back pocket and didn’t want people putting doubt in my mind of what he was doing. I agreed.

I took off to the local dealership and had my SA pull it up. It was right where he said. But they were unsure about giving to me. @ik6speed suggested they print it out and then throw it into the trash. Attached below you can see the printout. Nothing more needs saying.

During this time @ik6speed reached out to several high profile lawyers he knew looking for a recommendation of same type in Texas who’s letter would have the Beaumont Dealership crapping their pants. Within a short time, he had the cellphone of one of the most well known, high profile attorneys in Texas. Not only winner of many National awards such as US News, but offices in the major Texas cities and first name (top name) on the firm.

On a conference call several hours later, @ik6speed laid out the case for fraud against dealer and conspiracy to commit fraud against BMWNA. The lawyer was really shocked at how well he laid it all out and amazed at the evidence we had. Several times when I was going off track, @ik6speed stopped me and put me back on track. Multiple times the attorney said “ you took the words right out of my mouth” and “listen to your friend”. All this in just a few hours after first contact.

I then spent some time searching Bimmerpost and read some threads where he admits he’s not an attorney, but gave advice I know he was correct based on what I heard on that phone call. And others argued with him against what he posted. They should have listened as the guy knows what he is talking about and was impressing one of the most high profile lawyers in Texas.

He then had me go through all the paperwork I had, specifically asking for the bill of laden from car delivery to me by the shipper. I finally found it, sent it to him, and he quickly told me to look at the Ks in front of the headlights. They were noted as cracked on pickup and acknowledged by the Dealership, despite them denying it to me. See pic attached.

I was still unsure what all this meant. He reassured me that we had them by their, well, you get the idea. Spent the evening recreating the timeline from the start of car shopping until that night noting who I had spoken with and a recap of what was said.

The following day, about noon, less than 24 hours after first communicating with @ik6speed the GM called to say BMW was backing out of the CPO as of late Thursday morning. He was going to refund $2500 of the CPO and $2000 to pay for the other damage. Seems the BMW manager @Ik6speed knew asked BMWNA how the car was CPO and tipped lawsuit was coming for their part in the fraud. BMWNA had previously said it was a used car and they were not involved. After that tip, after checking the facts, they changed their position quickly. And the lawyer had called the Dealership to get the name of their local attorney to communicate and serve documents to, which freaked the dealership out.

Called @ik6speed to discuss. Gave him info. GM said he would find another Extended Warranty for the car. @ik6speed had me tell him that this was my dream car I intended to keep for a long time. It was tracked and if BMW did not have the confidence to CPO, who was I to argue with them. As a result, I want the sale voided and the car picked up.

Contacted GM and informed him. He was not happy and still would not admit the car was tracked until near the end of the phone call. But this was a 180 from where they were 24 hours earlier. He said he would start working on it.

I put $0 down and a $1120 payment due 12/16 with BMWFS. @ik6speed had me call them, speak to the supervisor, tell them the car was being repurchased by dealership and I was not making the 12/16 payment. She told me I needed to make payment, so I had her note my account of what was happening so my credit would not be affected.

Thursday night @ik6speed had me send GM another email asking for details of what they were doing in writing and who was responsible for what so there was no misunderstanding.

GM replied on Friday morning they were unwinding sale. I asked when they would send the shipper to pick up the car. He replied he had started the process.

@ik6speed told me to get all my papers and possessions out of the car. I found a google map for pizza and another document, so I asked if I should put them back in the car. He told me to send him a copy and instantly called me laughing. The other document was the BOL from 10/10/2019 shipment of the car to Thermal M Track. The Beaumont Dealership did not even prep the car enough to get that incriminating piece of evidence out of the car which contradicted everything I had been told to that point.

Shipper then called me saying they were coming that afternoon. @ik6speed had me take ‘a million pics’ of the car, inside and out, showing damage and lack of damage in all areas.

Afternoon turned to night. Night turned to late night. Shipper kept saying on the way and making excuses. Finally they showed close to midnight. @Ik6speed stayed on the phone with me the entire time, about an hour. Truck had paper tags. No DOT info. He had me get the driver’s license photographed and more details.

The app that the shipper usually uses was down. @ik6speed said tell truckers, tough. Spend the night until it’s fixed or do it manually. They did manually but didn’t note any condition or sign it. @ik6speed told me to have them note any damage and sign it before I signed off. They did so.

And so the car was off. They were driving straight through overnight to Texas is what the driver told me. @ik6speed told me to check in with them at 12noon Saturday to confirm delivery. They were still in Louisiana. Finally delivered about 2 hours later.

@ik6speed had me call Dealership to confirm it was there. It was. Had me write another email to GM asking what was next. I wanted to call and cancel my insurance and @ik6speed said no, not until done.

On Monday I received an email from GM saying they were working to cancel everything. Luckily they had not done title work, which is a little strange.

Claimed it was done on Tuesday. @ik6speed had me call BMWFS to confirm I was no longer being held responsible. They confirmed.

He then had me call my Insurance and inform them the car was never titled to me as the car turned out to be defective and sale cancelled. They cancelled the policy costing me nothing.

I have taken the time to scan and read many of @ik6speed’s 10,000 posts. He was clearly polarizing as he “Did not suffer fools”. People that truly wanted help, he helped. Those who disliked him attempted to bait him to create controversy.

All I know is to me, he was Heaven sent. I was in a bad situation. Very bad. $75,000 bad. He didn’t owe me anything. Yet he taught me so much I cannot begin to repay him. He made sure I was doing the right thing and making the right choice.

In 8 days (actually 15 now) no one could get me the info he got in 15 minutes. He walked me through the entire process and not just with the dealer. Every aspect. I am truly blessed that someone I do not know would do all this for me.

I find it very sad that the next person on Bimmerpost who has something like this will not have @ik6speed to help him out as he’s been banned since May. While the administrator and moderator might not like him defending those taken advantage of, which he did countless times on this forum, even if sponsors raising their anger, he looked out for those taken advantage of. With him gone, the users of this forum are poorer for not having someone that has that much knowledge and was so willing to help others.

I would ask Jason Mark and the others to consider un-ban him. Bimmerpost users that need his help are the ones that miss out with him not being here. Bimmerpost only hurts itself for banning members like this. If the people with the knowledge are banned, the site becomes less and less useful over the long run.

Thank you.
Excellent outcome and glad someone took the time to help you just because it was the right thing to do.
YASBBYM3592.50
      12-23-2020, 02:26 PM   #283
akkando
Major General
Rep

I also want to point out to anyone saying you should notice every imperfection on a car that just came off a truck. When a car comes off a transport truck they're dirty. Without being cleaned up and washed it can be impossible to see every imperfection, for example small pitting on headlights. These kinds of things would be noticed on first wash, obviously after it's off the truck and paper work has been signed.
Appreciate 2
YASBBYM3592.50
      12-23-2020, 09:16 PM   #284
Canine64
Rep
Drives: BMW e36 Race

Congrats on a Christmas Miracle! Even Santa says: Unban ik6Speed !!!
Appreciate 1
YASBBYM3592.50
      12-24-2020, 08:36 AM   #285
Kelse92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former e92 M3 Owner

It was a perfect storm of mistakes here. My guess is this dealership hadn't dealt with this type of car before and got it, CPO'ed it without knowing they couldn't, and put it up for sale. Techs work on so many cars (and some just plain don't know) and it fell through the cracks there. Buyer didn't know this was a potential thing, saw a low mileage fully-optioned car and bought it sight-unseen. Probably should have *at least* gotten a PPI from a local indy shop. Glad it all got resolved though, and major props to IK6SPEED for helping out! Hope he gets unbanned

#ladydriven Heavy-spec M3 // KW Clubsports // AA x-pipe // Gintani muffler // Macht-Schnell intake // Gintani tune // OMP Seats // Too Many Apex Wheels // Stoptech ST-60 // Cobalt Friction brake pads
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2020, 11:48 AM   #286
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

As someone who has often bought cars sight unseen I am so happy that this was fully rectified for you! You are extremely fortunate that you were able to connect with IK6SPEED! The person that told you about him should also be commended.

I hope you find another car that was cared for in the manner that I and others care for their cars. My current car was purchased on BAT and although i did everything i could to research the car, there was still a great deal of risk and trust that i put in those involved. My car has very low miles (~23K currently, 19K when i bought it) and was most certainly cared for by the two previous owners.

Best of luck to you!