R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

05-09-2021, 04:28 PM   #7107
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX2M4 View Post
All this Porsche stuff on here lately, I didn't realize there were so many dentists on B.P.
I wish I could fit in a 911, sigh. Carry on...
You can fit. Where there's a will, there's a way.
Appreciate 1
irunalot1518.00
      05-09-2021, 04:33 PM   #7108
NSX2M4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP- RIVIAN R1S QUAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
You can fit. Where there's a will, there's a way.
I tried. It was amazing how small the NSX was, but it was really spacious. Deep footwells and excellent seating position with the best 5 speed gear box in the biz.
Maybe if I catch cancer I'll fit in a 911.
Just kinda over those low cars at this point in my life...
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25016.50
      05-09-2021, 05:41 PM   #7109
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX2M4 View Post
I tried. It was amazing how small the NSX was, but it was really spacious. Deep footwells and excellent seating position with the best 5 speed gear box in the biz.
Maybe if I catch cancer I'll fit in a 911.
Just kinda over those low cars at this point in my life...
The new M is for you then. Nothing low about that bitch.
Appreciate 4
GrussGott18135.50
Sedan_Clan25016.50
minn1914021.00
      05-09-2021, 06:04 PM   #7110
ash4390
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AMG GTC, X5 40i

Quote:
She misses her lil' gray garage buddy.
Meanwhile my Cayman is missing the bike... traded in my GSXR for a Duc 2021 Supersport 950S
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25016.50
minn1914021.00
      05-09-2021, 06:15 PM   #7111
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash4390 View Post
Quote:
She misses her lil' gray garage buddy.
Meanwhile my Cayman is missing the bike... traded in my GSXR for a Duc 2021 Supersport 950S
Pics bro! Pics!

I petted her gas tank as I left and ensured her she'd have a new, lighter gray garage buddy soon enough. Lol! Right now she needs to deal with the metallic black workhouse. #BLM
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 06:34 PM   #7112
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
AMG proceeding with the theory that their flagships can appeal to a younger audience without design destruction in the eyes of the majority of their current customers. Apparently they see a shortcut, which is that they really just need to cast their models in various marketing contexts to achieve broader appeal.

Obviously, this is dumb and cannot work.

Quote:
So it looks like Mercedes and BMW both took the same marketing direction. Let's see where Audi goes with this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by six75LT View Post
this angle is terrible and i refuse to believe it resonates with most millennial car enthusiasts. these are more like ads for a gucci fashion show than a car.
Well, did some research whilst on the throne.

The AMG campaign in the above video, as per below snippets from the corporate press article:

Quote:
It introduces the transformation of the brand into a Performance Luxury Brand and addresses two target groups: the performance-conscious and loyal customers who have appreciated the exceptional potential of AMG vehicles for many years, and a new, lifestyle-oriented buyer group that is looking for that special kick and is a pioneer of sustainable consumption.
Quote:
It is designed to bind existing customers to the brand and conquer new target groups... This includes, among other things, a stronger focus on lifestyle and addressing new target groups, especially younger people and women.
Quote:
"The claim 'Are you AMG-ready?' sums up our transformation into a Performance Luxury brand.
There are also breakdowns of each scene, for instance:

Quote:
In the Black Series, a self-assured woman picks up her companion for a speed date of a special kind - the young gentleman with a classic bouquet of flowers and impeccable manners is more than surprised

Now, the same agency Daimler uses has also created a campaign for Rolls-Royce, called Rules Rewritten, with very similar intentions: "We tore up the traditional with a powerful, irreverent, enormously playful campaign."

05-09-2021, 06:40 PM   #7113
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
Quote:
AMG proceeding with the theory that their flagships can appeal to a younger audience without design destruction in the eyes of the majority of their current customers. Apparently they see a shortcut, which is that they really just need to cast their models in various marketing contexts to achieve broader appeal.

Quote:
So it looks like Mercedes and BMW both took the same marketing direction. Let's see where Audi goes with this.
Quote:
this angle is terrible and i refuse to believe it resonates with most millennial car enthusiasts. these are more like ads for a gucci fashion show than a car.

The AMG campaign in the above video, as per below snippets from the corporate press article:

Quote:
It introduces the transformation of the brand into a Performance Luxury Brand and addresses two target groups: the performance-conscious and loyal customers who have appreciated the exceptional potential of AMG vehicles for many years, and a new, lifestyle-oriented buyer group that is looking for that special kick and is a pioneer of sustainable consumption.
Quote:
It is designed to bind existing customers to the brand and conquer new target groups... This includes, among other things, a stronger focus on lifestyle and addressing new target groups, especially younger people and women.
Quote:
"The claim 'Are you AMG-ready?' sums up our transformation into a Performance Luxury brand.

Quote:
In the Black Series, a self-assured woman picks up her companion for a speed date of a special kind - the young gentleman with a classic bouquet of flowers and impeccable manners is more than surprised

Now, the same agency Daimler uses has also created a campaign for Rolls-Royce, called Rules Rewritten, with very similar intentions: "We tore up the traditional with a powerful, irreverent, enormously playful campaign."

I consistently get the feeling that a lot of brands have no clue how to target millennials and gen z/x people.

This is literally old people trying to make things look cool by being stupid.
ra2289305.50
      05-09-2021, 07:20 PM   #7114
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
I consistently get the feeling that a lot of brands have no clue how to target millennials and gen z/x people.

I've no clue how marketing works.

But, I think Saturday's SNL skit where they tried to talk like Gen Zs was, intentionally or not, so inaccurate and yet so accurate regarding how un-cool it is when older gen tries to mimic the younger people. Shit just does not work.

I'm of the opinion that brands should focus on what the Gen Z kids value in life rather than trying to mimic superficial things, e.g., slang. BMW's "OK, boomer" comes to mind.

Who knows, though, maybe driving a gas-guzzling G-Wagen splattered in paint sends the right kind of targeted message to young & rich potential customers of AMG.
      05-09-2021, 07:49 PM   #7115
ash4390
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Pics bro! Pics!

I petted her gas tank as I left and ensured her she'd have a new, lighter gray garage buddy soon enough. Lol! Right now she needs to deal with the metallic black workhouse. #BLM
Here she is - I'm picking her up this week (hopefully). Was supposed to be PDI'd and delivered last Thursday, but the front left signal/mirror wasn't working properly. That should be arriving sometime in the next couple of days.... fingers crossed. Also having them install a Competition Werkes fender eliminator and Ducati Sport LED signals for the rear. Toyed with the idea of getting the Akra exhaust, but ~3600 + tax and installation is a bit rich right now. I'd rather put that into an exhaust for the Cayman

We've been having non-stop sun here in Vancouver and it's all going to waste

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 2
minn1914021.00
      05-09-2021, 08:04 PM   #7116
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post

I've no clue how marketing works.

But, I think Saturday's SNL skit where they tried to talk like Gen Zs was, intentionally or not, so inaccurate and yet so accurate regarding how un-cool it is when older gen tries to mimic the younger people. Shit just does not work.

I'm of the opinion that brands should focus on what the Gen Z kids value in life rather than trying to mimic superficial things, e.g., slang. BMW's "OK, boomer" comes to mind.

Who knows, though, maybe driving a gas-guzzling G-Wagen splattered in paint sends the right kind of targeted message to young & rich potential customers of AMG.
Well this is interesting. At first I thought maybe BMW decided to go against the grain and switch their campaign around to strike imbalance.......an imbalance that would set them apart (...untraditionally, for better or for worse; old Madonna/E39 M5 ads not withstanding). I now realize that every company including Rolls Royce has switched to this techno-meets-Steampunk-meets-KIDS-meets-Initial-D kind of marketing and, well, maybe there's something afoot that we don't realize. Maybe all of the marketing analysis suggests, "This is the way!!!!"......and we, the other demographic, truly don't know what we're talking about.

....I suppose it doesn't matter as much since many of us have joined the "other club" that we were bound to join at some point anyway, but change is imminent. If Porsche changes their marketing to attract the Steampunk crowd, it will cement the fact that maybe I'm just an old man at 42 years of age. Lol!
Appreciate 1
six75LT916.50
      05-09-2021, 08:11 PM   #7117
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Pics bro! Pics!

Here she is - I'm picking her up this week (hopefully). Was supposed to be PDI'd and delivered last Thursday, but the front left signal/mirror wasn't working properly. That should be arriving sometime in the next couple of days.... fingers crossed. Also having them install a Competition Werkes fender eliminator and Ducati Sport LED signals for the rear. Toyed with the idea of getting the Akra exhaust, but ~3600 + tax and installation is a bit rich right now. I'd rather put that into an exhaust for the Cayman

We've been having non-stop sun here in Vancouver and it's all going to waste

View post on imgur.com
Love it bro! Congrats on the new bike. I've never found it prudent to buy an exhaust that costs between 1/4 or 1/5 the cost of the bike. No thanks!!! Lol!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 08:17 PM   #7118
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Experienced Porsche peeps.....

.....Do they make clear or smoked rear reflectors for the 992 Carrera S? I would like to remove the red reflectors and replace them with something that matches the OEM clear/smoked front bumper turn signals.

edit:

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1199...out-there.html

It looks like my only option is to order a set painted satin black or body colored.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 10:15 PM   #7119
ash4390
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

.....Do they make clear or smoked rear reflectors for the 992 Carrera S? I would like to remove the red reflectors and replace them with something that matches the OEM clear/smoked front bumper turn signals.

edit:

It looks like my only option is to order a set painted satin black or body colored.
Take a look at Suncoast - I ordered my OEM clear markers from there!

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/PKCLEAR992.html

edit: didn't realize you're looking for rears - scratch my recommendation!
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25016.50
      05-09-2021, 10:45 PM   #7120
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

edit:

Take a look at Suncoast - I ordered my OEM clear markers from there!

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/PKCLEAR992.html

edit: didn't realize you're looking for rears - scratch my recommendation!
Yeah just the rears. The 2022 comes with clear markers up front.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 06:52 AM   #7121
NSX2M4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP- RIVIAN R1S QUAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickGTR View Post
The new M is for you then. Nothing low about that bitch.
No way,
I’d never buy one of those things. Keeping mine for a while.
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2021, 08:46 AM   #7122
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:

M has always had a much stronger performance-conscious and loyal following than AMG, but AMG gets it.

Where AMG saw an easy audience synthesis, M saw mutual exclusivity. It's just the most batshit business/marketing move I've ever seen.

How's it panning out for M? Check in on one of the marketing channels where their new direction should have been a massive hit, YouTube. Surely, the target 20% are there.

Screaming idiots M3 release video, 7 months ago:
2.4M views
4k likes
2.3k dislikes

Screaming idiots M4 release video, 7 months ago:
2.7M views
3.2k likes
1.3k dislikes

(Note glaringly disproportionate views:ratings, an indication of serious audience disinterest or artificial influence https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...w-sellers.html)

M5 CS release video, 3 months ago:
3.9M views
65k likes

928 dislikes

Oops.

Appreciate 6
minn1914021.00
irunalot1518.00
stein_325i25083.00
Tacoma944.50
      05-10-2021, 09:19 AM   #7123
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

So.. Sat in a 992 and drove an M2 Comp over the weekend. Fit much better in the M2 Comp. If I got the 992 I would end up being a Tiktok video getting out of it.....

Pretty sure I am going to grab a manual M2 comp to go with my GX. Seems like a great pairing.
Appreciate 10
minn1914021.00
stein_325i25083.00
Fugly M35060.50
Sedan_Clan25016.50
CT_M31478.00
swagon13511.00
GERMAN M34181.00
doug_9992541.50
GrussGott18135.50
      05-10-2021, 09:25 AM   #7124
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
So.. Sat in a 992 and drove an M2 Comp over the weekend. Fit much better in the M2 Comp. If I got the 992 I would end up being a Tiktok video getting out of it.....

Pretty sure I am going to grab a manual M2 comp to go with my GX. Seems like a great pairing.
Great choice, not to mention I'm sure your wallet will be thanking you
GERMAN M34181.00
      05-10-2021, 09:59 AM   #7125
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
Great choice, not to mention I'm sure your wallet will be thanking you
Haha yeah for sure. Also once my daughter goes front facing she should be able to ride in the M2. I wouldnt ever put a car seat in the back of a 911...
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 10:22 AM   #7126
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post

I'm biased, but you'll enjoy the M2 Comp. The F82 I had was a much more serious instrument. The F87 is a toy. A very a capable toy, but a toy no less. It's got the silliness of why would anyone make something like this and the seriousness of why the hell doesn't anyone else make something like this? Plus, when you consider that a 2005 M3 Comp was $54,690 per MT (https://www.motortrend.com/cars/bmw/...3-competition/) the M2 coming it at $61,645 with exec, 6MT and metallic paint is pretty remarkable. As of right now, I intend to keep it when I add the Porsche to the stable.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 10:48 AM   #7127
CT_M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 DCT Competition

The M2 is really where performance values is in their lineup. Agree on all your points wholeheartedly. Your car is gorgeous and I'm doing the same thing when/if I make the jump.

P.S. I'm biased, I have Sakhir and I've never gotten so much positive reaction on a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F8SEVEN View Post
I'm biased, but you'll enjoy the M2 Comp. The F82 I had was a much more serious instrument. The F87 is a toy. A very a capable toy, but a toy no less. It's got the silliness of why would anyone make something like this and the seriousness of why the hell doesn't anyone else make something like this? Plus, when you consider that a 2005 M3 Comp was $54,690 per MT (https://www.motortrend.com/cars/bmw/...3-competition/) the M2 coming it at $61,645 with exec, 6MT and metallic paint is pretty remarkable. As of right now, I intend to keep it when I add the Porsche to the stable.
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2021, 12:36 PM   #7128
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Small step down in practicality, small step up in price for all of you 911 converts, but anyone else taken note of what's going on with the R8? https://media.audiusa.com/en-us/releases/442

Rear-wheel drive now standard, MSRP reduced by a chunk, still a high-revving n/a V10 with dual-clutch. Must be getting close to the end of the line on that formula. Haven't been this interested in the R8 since the V10 manual. Looks like a good time for street + track...

Appreciate 8
Sedan_Clan25016.50
stein_325i25083.00
minn1914021.00
65fastback1137.00
GERMAN M34181.00
ra2289305.50
GrussGott18135.50