R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

02-19-2021, 07:33 AM   #23
///MB ///M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Depends on where you live, drive them back to back.

For me, in Chicago, the 20s were just brutal. The 19s are very nice. Read the reviews... not one of them says "the 20s are what what the car needed" - in fact, every one of them says something to the effect of "car rides like crap"

But only you can decide...
I agree and that's my fear, I'm in Detroit and our roads are brutal especially in spring time when it's pot hole season. But I have to see for myself, the 666Ms are literally my favorite wheel, maybe ever. So I will try them out and see if they work for me, if not my 437s which I still like, will have to do. I might keep my winter set on longer to take some more of the abuse in the spring and then install the 666M's. I will report back...
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 06:00 PM   #24
PhatLyfe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 AW/SO ZCP

I'm in the pothole state of NJ, the roads suck full of potholes and craters in some roads. It depends on your tires too. I have 20's on the 666 wheel setup with Michelin pilot sport on the F83 and I have 18s on my Camry with Michelin pilot primacy tires. I feel the ride in my F83 is much smoother and quieter than the Camry.

It's basically your ride and your choice.

I the firmness of the 20s, even in Highway driving as local too.
Appreciate 0