Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

02-19-2024, 05:29 PM   #1
Monkey Throttle
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 comp 6MT, 993 C2S

Garmin Catalyst and F8x

Does anyone have a workflow method that explains how to use the Garmin Catalyst on a F8x?

I was at the track yesterday asking someone for advice and he said, "BMW's are notoriously difficult to get the Catalyst working properly."

Here is what I'm trying to do:
I want the Garmin Catalyst coach to broadcast through the cars stereo system. It might work on the internal speaker but with a helmet on and the windows down, I sure can't hear it.

Here is the problem:
When I bluetooth connect the Catalyst to the car, it doesn't seem to do anything. Then I saw a message that says it requires the phone app. Then I connect the phone and that doesn't work either.

I have gotten it to work once before but it was kind of by accident. So if anyone has experienced this issue and has a direct solution... Please share it.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2024, 07:26 PM   #2
clutchdj
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a few cars

the issues I had was my phone still had BT enabled while also trying to enable pair w/ the GC. it was always impossible to hear clearly on the track. some guys would run an earbud but to me that was uncomfortable because they are not designed to have a helmet smashing them. Check the volume settings in the GC too; if I recall correctly it was not set to max. not sure if that helps. oh yeah and the GC phone app was not necessary. unless there was a recent sw update.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 09:01 AM   #3
Nyc911
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 997.1

I’ve used it 2 ways in my m3, I’ve used a wired pair or headphones w a long cord adaptor that I plug in under my helmet or I’ve also used my AirPods connected to the garmin.

Both ways work great I prefer using my in ear monitors over the AirPods only because they for tighter.

Never tried to connect it to the radio as I don’t think I’d be able to hear it w the windows down
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 11:47 PM   #4
Monkey Throttle
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 comp 6MT, 993 C2S

I’ll give it a try. Thanks.
Appreciate 0