European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

07-23-2019, 03:35 AM   #1101
M4UFO
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 Comp

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post
Brilliant.....1 line out how 47 pages that offers ZERO detail. Good find fella.
That one page very helpful, what happen to all the F1 techs on the forum.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 04:38 PM   #1102
M3Xris
Islander
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4toM3 View Post
Quote:
Any update? I too am about to follow the same route and I'm curious what to expect. I'm also leaning towards installing them on my own after watching Tommy's HAS install video.
I actually installed my Eibach v1's last night. As long as you have the necessary tools, you should definitely tackle the project yourself. It took myself and a buddy, just over 2 hours from start to finish. And I was moving at a pretty slow/cautious pace while double checking every aspect of the install.

During the process, my buddy only needed to lend a hand while jacking up the strut assembly as I was guiding the top of the strut spindle into place. However, even that could be done solo, if you wanted.

Other members claimed that this was the easiest spring install they had ever done. I took that with a grain of salt. However, I can now also say that this truly is the easiest spring install I've done. And I've done 5 previous to this, on different makes/models. Especially since there is absolutely no need for a spring compressor, if you follow the video guide linked at the bottom of this post. In fact, it's so easy that it REALLY annoys me that all the shops I called claimed 6+ hours and upwards of $1700 to install just the fronts. Absurd.

Here are some initial before/afters. Keep in mind that the car has not been driven since install (alignment scheduled for this afternoon), so they still need to settle a bit. But even in current form, they've already dropped the front by almost 3/4". Once settled, they should end up somewhere between 3/4" and 1" drop.

[COLOR="Blue"]*Pics removed. Updated pics in post #1098*[/COLOR]

Install video I followed:

Link to exact springs I bought: (3 total days from order to delivery, coming to US from Germany. Crazy fast shipping!)
https://www.tunershop.co.uk/eibach-p...e-f32-f82.html
Quote:
Quote:
Any update? I too am about to follow the same route and I'm curious what to expect. I'm also leaning towards installing them on my own after watching Tommy's HAS install video.
I actually installed my Eibach v1's last night. As long as you have the necessary tools, you should definitely tackle the project yourself. It took myself and a buddy, just over 2 hours from start to finish. And I was moving at a pretty slow/cautious pace while double checking every aspect of the install.

During the process, my buddy only needed to lend a hand while jacking up the strut assembly as I was guiding the top of the strut spindle into place. However, even that could be done solo, if you wanted.

Other members claimed that this was the easiest spring install they had ever done. I took that with a grain of salt. However, I can now also say that this truly is the easiest spring install I've done. And I've done 5 previous to this, on different makes/models. Especially since there is absolutely no need for a spring compressor, if you follow the video guide linked at the bottom of this post. In fact, it's so easy that it REALLY annoys me that all the shops I called claimed 6+ hours and upwards of $1700 to install just the fronts. Absurd.

Here are some initial before/afters. Keep in mind that the car has not been driven since install (alignment scheduled for this afternoon), so they still need to settle a bit. But even in current form, they've already dropped the front by almost 3/4". Once settled, they should end up somewhere between 3/4" and 1" drop.

[COLOR="Blue"]*Pics removed. Updated pics in post #1098*[/COLOR]

Install video I followed:

Link to exact springs I bought: (3 total days from order to delivery, coming to US from Germany. Crazy fast shipping!)
Just ordered a set using this link. Hoping my credit card isn't drained tonight lol. Will post up before and after pics.
      08-25-2019, 11:06 PM   #1103
satx_yas
Mr. sat_yas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3M Comp

Quote:
I just went out and snapped some pics for you (please excuse the dirty car).

Overall, I am very happy and, like you said, at $220 shipped, you really can't go wrong.
Before

Immediately after install

After alignment and ~200 miles driven

Before

Before

Pictures look great, thank you for sharing them.
What brand lowing spring did you use?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 05:17 PM   #1104
DadVibes
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Xris View Post
Well my springs came in today just as advertised. I'm impressed they got it to Hawaii from Germany on the third day. Tunershop.co is legit. Planning on installing them tomorrow morning.
Right?? I was amazed that they got to Colorado on the 3rd day as well. I fully expected a 2+ week wait. They got here faster than the tools I ordered to complete the install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satx_yas View Post
Pictures look great, thank you for sharing them.
What brand lowing spring did you use?
Of course! I went with Eibach v1's. I think I shared the exact link to the ones I ordered a few posts back.

I'll say that occasionally I do find myself wishing I went with v2's to drop the front about 0.3" - 0.5" lower than the v1's. However, I'd inevitably get some serious scraping if I went that route.
      09-08-2019, 08:01 AM   #1105
Rahul718
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Comp 6mt

I would love to see some pictures of the m4 zcp on eibach V2 springs. I think I saw a few here but no mention whether those were V1 or v2. I have some Emmanuele Design springs on the way but now I have this lingering concern that it’ll be too low or my driveway and NY roads.

My other concern is that the v2 springs drop the back (when installed) more than the front and I hate the sagging look.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 10:25 AM   #1106
Thespaz18
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

If anyone is interested, I have a set of used V1's in the classifieds that I'm looking to get rid of. Have about 4K miles on them. The moderate drop was good for me, but I wanted a bit more adjustability, so went with MP HAS.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 07:36 AM   #1107
Yes2m3cs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS 2016 M4

I dropped my car off today for V1's and spacers. Fingers crossed
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 09:19 PM   #1108
JayML
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ....

What is the main difference between v1 and v2 aside from the drop height

Is it a harsher ride with v2? Are the spring rates different?

Not sure where to find this info.

I like the look of v2 but want the ride quality of v1.

Was thinking mp has but it’s a firmer ride .

Not sure what to do. It’s purely cosmetic.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 04:23 PM   #1109
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapmyfro View Post
What is the main difference between v1 and v2 aside from the drop height

Is it a harsher ride with v2? Are the spring rates different?

Not sure where to find this info.

I like the look of v2 but want the ride quality of v1.

Was thinking mp has but it’s a firmer ride .

Not sure what to do. It’s purely cosmetic.
All the answers are in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 06:52 PM   #1110
JayML
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by noone View Post
S4toM3 - Any updated pics since driven? Curious as to your thoughts on ride performance vs. stock and also what the final resting drop is. At $220 shipped to my door (thanks for the link), that's an easy pill to swallow vs. the MP HAS system.
Can you share the link for $220 shipped?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 11:34 AM   #1111
DadVibes
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapmyfro View Post
Can you share the link for $220 shipped?

Thanks
      11-19-2019, 02:22 AM   #1112
papasmurf_m3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

Don't mean to hijack. Can someone clarify this for me.

Ive never seen stock f80 springs before but, my car came with black springs that say eibach. I'm guessing they are the eibach pro kit? But, the car doesn't look that low. 1 finger gap rear, 3 finger gap front. Can anyone confirm if the stock springs are made by eibach?

ecutek - bend calibration pro tune - flex fuel - mpe - stock turbos - oem+
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 01:59 PM   #1113
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by papasmurf_m3 View Post
Don't mean to hijack. Can someone clarify this for me.

Ive never seen stock f80 springs before but, my car came with black springs that say eibach. I'm guessing they are the eibach pro kit? But, the car doesn't look that low. 1 finger gap rear, 3 finger gap front. Can anyone confirm if the stock springs are made by eibach?
The OE springs aren't labelled Eibach. The only identifier they have on them is a barcode sticker.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 05:17 AM   #1114
Granadinoo
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw M4 F82, Bmw M3 E36,

purchase of height adjustable Kw springs Bmw M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyM5 View Post
I also have 10mm spacers all around but do not have competition pack. The eibach spring rates are slightly lower than the CP ones. The difference is pretty minimal and I wouldn't expect then to have a noticeable change in handling if you went this route but note that they are slightly lower/softer and closer to the standard non CP front rates. Here are spring rate comparisons for you to review and help make your decision.

M3 (Civic)
Front - 177 lbs/in
Rear – 591 lbs/in

M3 (Comp. Pkg)
Front – 198 lbs/in
Rear – 685 lbs/in

Eibach Pro Kit
Front – 183 lbs/in
Rear – 628 lbs/in
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 05:18 AM   #1115
Granadinoo
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw M4 F82, Bmw M3 E36,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyM5 View Post
I also have 10mm spacers all around but do not have competition pack. The eibach spring rates are slightly lower than the CP ones. The difference is pretty minimal and I wouldn't expect then to have a noticeable change in handling if you went this route but note that they are slightly lower/softer and closer to the standard non CP front rates. Here are spring rate comparisons for you to review and help make your decision.

M3 (Civic)
Front - 177 lbs/in
Rear – 591 lbs/in

M3 (Comp. Pkg)
Front – 198 lbs/in
Rear – 685 lbs/in

Eibach Pro Kit
Front – 183 lbs/in
Rear – 628 lbs/in

Hello, I would like to buy some adjustable springs in height Kw for my M4 parkege competition, someone could inform me of the lb / in that these springs have, thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 06:29 AM   #1116
TT0997
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: EU G87 M2

Hi all,

I've almost read the entire thread... and I feel more confused now than ever. I've always thought there was two version of Eibach springs, but some say there is one , and some say there are two...

I was hesitating between Swift, ED or Eibach, and I've finally gone for the "US Spec" Eibach.
It was hard, being in Luxembourg, to find a tuner which was able to order them but one achieved that. He has ordered the part : E10-20-036-01-22. (for twice the price of EUR spec version here in Luxembourg...).
=> Can we say now, that this is a US version of the Eibach springs ?
=> What is the drop front ? 1" or 0,8" ?

Hope that now all E10-20-036-01-22 are the same, and that they lower the car more than the EU spec E10-20-031-09-22. I've been told about 6/8 weeks to be delivered, so I think those are newly build springs, and not old ones.

I precise that I have a F80 sitting on 763M, and that I've purchased some spacers in 12 front and 10 rear. Hope the drop will be lower enough on the front...

BTW, thanks to the dealers here who proposed me some deal on Swift, but too much delivering costs to bring them home
I thank you all for reading me, and more for those who will be able to answer me
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2020, 05:52 PM   #1117
TT0997
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: EU G87 M2

Soooo my dealer in Luxembourg has ordered beginning of Feb, and it has been installed last week with some Bimecc spacers and a good setting (neg camber).
For the record I do not have adapt. Suspension.

A few pictures to bring my contribution to this thread
Maybe one of the only one with the US Spec Pro Kit hereby in Europe😜
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-09-2020, 06:06 PM   #1118
henrylee
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 6MT

^Looks good!
      05-10-2020, 04:06 PM   #1119
///BMW Junkie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M4

I wonder why it appears these aren't recommended as much as others? Especially as no other brand has a thread this long. Perhaps as they are not as aggressive.. 🤷🏼
      05-11-2020, 10:02 AM   #1120
Daveneezy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP

I just ordered the euro spec version from tunershop in Germany. This thread has been super helpful. After a lot of reading I was debating between euro Eibach, Swift and Emmanuel design. All three seem like great options, but it all depends on what your priority is. My car is a 2018 M3 ZCP, I wanted similar spring rates and the lowest drop possible to reduce fender/wheel gap. I also don't want to ruin my shocks by changing the range of motion and spring rates drastically. I am well aware that a complete coil over product would be my best solution. I am hoping to avoid going that route for a 0.8" drop. I will report back once they are installed.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 05:55 AM   #1121
ogakul
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Installed the euro Eibachs last week. Very happy with it!

Pictures 1 hour after installation and alignment.

No spacers installed. In my opinion it looks good and it's more "OEM-ish" without them. Maybe I will change my mind in a while but for now I'm happy.

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 11:42 AM   #1122
///BMW Junkie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M4

Scored me a sweet deal on the forum from a gentleman that decided not to install. Excited to see how they fit over my 275/305's 🤗
Attached Images