GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

05-23-2020, 03:18 PM   #23
PhatLyfe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 AW/SO ZCP

i fill only nitrogen in my tires, Costco will fill your tires if you ask the tire center. the nitrogen does not effect cold and summer temps.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 02:31 AM   #24
tomlong
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatLyfe View Post
i fill only nitrogen in my tires, Costco will fill your tires if you ask the tire center. the nitrogen does not effect cold and summer temps.
*Applause* Thats great. Sometimes after a spirited run, which often includes going over bumpy surfaces at triple digit speeds, I sometimes can lose anywhere between 0.5 - 1 psi once my tires have cooled down so would prefer the ability to pull into any random gas station, whip out my good ole digital tire gauge, and inflate them with good ole air so I can get back on the road at anytime 24/7/365. The psi adjustment math helps keep my brain sharp (I'm not that bright so simple addition and subtraction is plenty for me) ... similar to a crossword puzzle while riding public transit on the way to work for many others
Appreciate 0