ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

02-10-2020, 07:52 PM   #23
Andrew30azs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfurse View Post
It's highly unlikely but I had a prematurely worn synchro in my DCT gearbox. It made a noise that I recorded in my video when going from 2>3 or dropping into neutral whilst maintaining a consistent speed. More noticeable at low speeds. I doubt it's that from what you've said!

Can I have a contact to you ? I will send you The videos how my car works. I dont really know what i should do on that case. I’m thinking to back to the stock differential bushings and check if my car still will be making that noises. But it looks I have that same issue like you and I don’t have any warranty :/
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 07:54 PM   #24
Andrew30azs
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
It's highly unlikely but I had a prematurely worn synchro in my DCT gearbox. It made a noise that I recorded in my video when going from 2>3 or dropping into neutral whilst maintaining a consistent speed. More noticeable at low speeds. I doubt it's that from what you've said!
And if I will bring my car to diagnostic to Bmw they will be abble to tell me what is exactly wrong ?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 09:02 PM   #25
mfurse
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3 2016 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiasz17azs View Post
Quote:
And if I will bring my car to diagnostic to Bmw they will be abble to tell me what is exactly wrong ?
should be able to*

*results may vary
Appreciate 1
MR RIZK757.50
      02-11-2020, 03:57 PM   #26
F36Baker
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Here a picture of my rear bushing in the diff. It's getting replaced as we speak with the power flex! Hopefully the clunking goes away.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M_Torx328.00
      02-11-2020, 04:29 PM   #27
rborane
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by F36Baker View Post
Here a picture of my rear bushing in the diff. It's getting replaced as we speak with the power flex! Hopefully the clunking goes away.
Which powerflex did you go with? Street or race?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 04:31 PM   #28
F36Baker
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rborane View Post
Quote:
Which powerflex did you go with? Street or race?
Race
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 02:42 PM   #29
Andrew30azs
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Race
Like I Said . My bushing was cracked same like yours and I went to Powerflex bushings , the purple one . But instead change one I change all of them . All are purple ones . Now I have that transmision. Clunk usually on first and second gear when I have tried to stop the car
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 02:54 PM   #30
F36Baker
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiasz17azs View Post
Quote:
Race
Like I Said . My bushing was cracked same like yours and I went to Powerflex bushings , the purple one . But instead change one I change all of them . All are purple ones . Now I have that transmision. Clunk usually on first and second gear when I have tried to stop the car
I'm having my transmission mounts replaced as wel.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 08:30 AM   #31
Andrew30azs
Private First Class
Rep

Decided to go back to oem bushings on my diff and now the clunk noises from
My dct is less noticeable then I had on power flex bushings . But still having clunk at low speeds and when I’m stoping my car at the lights . I don’t know if it’s something wrong with my transmision or driveshaft . Or this clunk noise some people saying it’s normal. For me normal is no noises
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 09:42 AM   #32
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Mine is 6MT.

I get a clunk when shifting from first to second in lower rpms - especially in turns when I am pulling out of an intersection and shift to second at less than 2.5k rpms, or when car is stationary and put it in first from neutral very short after pushing the clutch. I now wait a split second more after stepping on the clutch to put the car into gear which solves the "problem."

I had the rear bushing checked at the dealer (sent them pics from this thread) and they found no damage. Transmission and clutch seem totally fine, too. I hear slight flywheel chatter at idle. I have not driven any other F80 so cannot compare... This car just is just more raw and sensitive.
      04-06-2020, 10:20 AM   #33
M 4 FUN
Captain
Rep
Drives: 320 Si, M4 comp. M3 E46

I Think the clunk comes from the play in the differential gears. And it gets transmitted more when the bushing is bad. if the play is 2/100 mm more on one car compared to another that is enough to get the clunking sound. Some of it would probably disappear with a thicker differential oil.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2024, 09:24 PM   #34
sam.f80
Rep
Drives: f80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
Mine is 6MT.

I get a clunk when shifting from first to second in lower rpms - especially in turns when I am pulling out of an intersection and shift to second at less than 2.5k rpms, or when car is stationary and put it in first from neutral very short after pushing the clutch. I now wait a split second more after stepping on the clutch to put the car into gear which solves the "problem."

I had the rear bushing checked at the dealer (sent them pics from this thread) and they found no damage. Transmission and clutch seem totally fine, too. I hear slight flywheel chatter at idle. I have not driven any other F80 so cannot compare... This car just is just more raw and sensitive.
Did you ever find a solution to this?? Having the same issues with my f80 now.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2024, 06:57 PM   #35
M_Torx
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

wonder if just getting the upgraded diff mount from power flex or KMP solves it probably does 🤔
      04-08-2024, 10:15 PM   #36
NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP BSM 2012 E82 1

Garage List
I have all the powerflex bushings you can possibly buy, I still get the same clunk, from time to time, not all the time. My BMW tech said it had to do w the teeth on the axle’s, but to me it’s only when shifting. Idk enough about how the teeth on the axles engage to really make a suggestion there but I definitely believe this is a very very common issue with MT BMWs…my E82 did the same thing actually now that I think about it. Never affected performance or driving it was just kinda annoying to me

RIP - E82 135i - 7/7/2021
Appreciate 0