Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

07-08-2022, 04:00 PM   #23
Jonzny
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankEbONEZ View Post
Not sure just yet, the car died while cruising at 30 mph. It was definitely a result of the CH but not positive if there's any other damage so he didn't want to give me a price until he knew.

The gintani crank hub should be there today and he's supposed to start on it tomorrow. I plan on swinging through tomorrow or Thursday and if its just the CH i should have a price to update you with.

Update?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2022, 08:18 AM   #24
FrankEbONEZ
Private
Rep
Drives: White 2017 BMW M3

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Sorry, forgot about this. He isn't that cheap after all. I paid 6600 but asked him to replace anything he took out gasket or timing wise with new.

Including the gintani crank hub it would have been just shy of 5600 if I didn't ask for that. You can provide your own or use a different hub and the price drop would be that difference.

He also put on my camber plates, catch can and align my car for no additional cost.

Oh, and the car is 100% fine now as good as new!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2023, 04:07 PM   #25
Hank Scorpio
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@mad-us.com View Post
Another great shop and dealer of ours!

They are also on the Insane crank hub installer list

https://insanecrankhub.com/pages/store-locator-1
Spoke to Keith last week and he quoted me $3400 for the CH with the Insane 4-pin part. My guess is prices have gone down due to the impending recession.
Appreciate 1
      07-10-2023, 12:36 PM   #26
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

My car is at Autocouture in Fairlawn NJ right now to have the Gintani crank hub installed. They are the only shop I trust to work on my car.
      07-11-2023, 03:23 PM   #27
4Y_stack_acceleration
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '20 X3 M40i, '19 C7 Z06 7MT

I would recommend going a little further out of the city towards NJ, if you can. Lower rates, more transparent. Tyspeed is great.

Autocouture's labor rates are pretty steep, and they feel like a high volume shop. Someone correct me if I'm totally wrong.

I would recommend avoiding Motorcepts - did not have a great experience there.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 08:46 PM   #28
jayee88
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C (DCT) - Sunset Orange

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Y_stack_acceleration View Post
I would recommend going a little further out of the city towards NJ, if you can. Lower rates, more transparent. Tyspeed is great.

Autocouture's labor rates are pretty steep, and they feel like a high volume shop. Someone correct me if I'm totally wrong.

I would recommend avoiding Motorcepts - did not have a great experience there.
They definitely sound like a high volume shop but I've heard nothing but good things about Autocouture. Getting my DME unlocked and crankhub done by them in a few weeks.

Still $3750 + tax all in for the gintani crank hub and replacing all gaskets/wear items.

$500 for the DME bench unlock (not FEMTO).

They require a $1000 deposit to book an appointment that will go towards your total bill.

Edit - My crank hub was done last week with no issues. They had my car for a total of 3 days, but the work only took 2, Wed-Fri. Super accommodating, they even let me pick up after hours because I couldn’t make it before closing. They definitely get a recommendation from me, I’ll probably be going back to them if I ever decide to do turbos.

Last edited by jayee88; 04-07-2024 at 06:57 AM..
Appreciate 0