Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-07-2024, 11:56 AM   #155
Full_of_fit
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

I have the stainless steel exhaust on my F80 ZCP and love it. Sounds amazing no more popcorn burbles.

Have you guys thought of expanding your line and making your own Downpipes?
Appreciate 1
M_Torx328.00
      03-13-2024, 04:28 AM   #156
WarMachineM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalter14 View Post
Got this working. Big shoutout to Austin at Valvetronic Designs for helping me in realtime and sending out a valve controller to get the flaps working properly.

The issue for me was my OEM actuator and the anti rattle pin. The oem actuator was over-rotated and locked in position (both for closed and open), and the cotter pin was too short, both of which did not allow my flap to fully close in efficient mode.

The solution was to use the valve controller and its corresponding non-oem proprietary actuator motor (and new pin), to reset the flap to fully closed. Did this by dropping the muffler, connecting the valve controller actuator to the muffler and plugging in, then used the controller remote to open and close the flap to reset it. Once calibrated, I swapped off the valve controller actuator and loosely bolted on the oem actuator back on, using sport mode to open and close the valve, which worked to correct the flap position. I then tightened down the actuator and re-installed the muffler to the car.

Really appreciate valvetronics designs for their support and to make things right.

Havent had a chance to break it in and rip it, but when I do ill post a video in here.
Nice man. How did you get your mufler tips to sit higher and closer to the diffuser?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 01:04 PM   #157
mwalter14
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachineM3 View Post
Nice man. How did you get your mufler tips to sit higher and closer to the diffuser?

I twisted the Y pipe to muffler connection around and tried to pushed up on it while tightening down the clamp.

It is not ideal though. Still have quite a bit of droop on the right (and left, but not to same extent). Cant figure out where to get more slack to bring it up higher.

Anyone with this exhaust have this issue with fitment? What worked to resolve it?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2024, 07:36 PM   #158
boogiePls
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

So were there any dyno’s ever done vs stock zcp exhaust?
Appreciate 0