Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

01-12-2020, 06:11 AM   #1
340iMSport
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i M Sport

M4 vs M4 Comp in 2019

Hi all, apologies if this has been answered before as I canít find it using the search.....

In regards to a 2018 or 2019 M4. The Comp Pack came out years ago and undeniably improved the car. But I assume all non Comp cars since this was introduced, also benefited from the same improvements? Seems it would be more expensive to keep the non Comp deliberately worse and still fitting inferior, separate parts rather than just using the new ones across the board.

Thus if you are looking at a 2019 car, the Comp simply adds The wheels/exhaust/seats/tune/black bits. It is fundamentally same ARBs/Springs/Dampers etc and better to drive than a Ď14 or Ď15.

Or am I wrong?

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 10:20 PM   #2
secretanchitman
Hero of Time
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F82 M4 6MT

Increased HP, new springs/dampers/anti-roll bars, exhaust, seats, seat belts, black trim, wheels, and tweaked suspension/differential/driving modes are what you get with the competition package.

Most people end up getting ZCP but I'm one of the few who optioned the car specifically without it. I honestly couldn't tell much difference between the base and ZCP M4, even after driving them back to back.

In my experience, BMW has done a good job of sorting out the base M4 suspension and driveability post LCI but you can't go wrong either way. I put the money towards full leather.
2020 BMW M4 Coupe | San Marino Blue | Opal White Full | Piano Black | 6MT | 19Ē Silver Wheels | Executive | Active Blind Spot Detection | Apple CarPlay | Heated Steering Wheel | Moonroof | Power Rear Sunshade | Wireless Charging
Accessories: XPEL Ultimate Plus Full PPF | Modesta BC-08 Ceramic Coating | Pickyeater334 Clutch Stop | Performance Pedal Covers | Euro Amber Taillights
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 04:24 PM   #3
PKL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

If you don't get ZCP you will regret it.
      01-13-2020, 04:40 PM   #4
340iMSport
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i M Sport

Thanks both,

Iíve only ever driven the Comp equipped cars, just prefer the wheels on the non Comp and slightly lower key look. Hence wondered if fundamentally its an improved car just without the extras. But will probably end up with a Comp anyway, just to be sure!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 11:10 PM   #5
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 340iMSport View Post
Thanks both,

Iíve only ever driven the Comp equipped cars, just prefer the wheels on the non Comp and slightly lower key look. Hence wondered if fundamentally its an improved car just without the extras. But will probably end up with a Comp anyway, just to be sure!
I have a 2016 M4, ordered in February 2016. The ZCP was introduced the same month after I placed my order and I had a short window to change my order before it went into production but I didn't like the wheels, I wasn't sure how comfortable the seats would be without the lumbar support, and I wasn't crazy about the gimmicky seat belts.

My wife has a 2018 M3 ZCP and the car is fundamentally an improved car. I regret that I didn't change my order.

The Style 437M wheels, stock on the "base" edition are also available a a no-cost option on the ZCP starting in 2018, but only in black, not silver. My wife opted for this wheel instead of the 666 wheels, partially because they are way easier to clean and they're lighter. This was not an option in 2016 and 2017.

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 12:03 PM   #6
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '19 Alpine White BMW M4 (F82)

I test drove the ZCP and Non-ZCP. Aside from like a little bit more HP (because the M4 lacks horsepower already :rollseyes: ) I didn't think the 5000 dollar price tag or so was worth it for this option. The seats also lack adjustable lumbar support. I didn't want a car without lumbar support. I also value the exec package more than ZCP as I think it's more useful.

Some people mentioned ZCP was slower and weighed more:

Example here:

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1365204

Wheels weighed more too

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...M#post21346383

Though, I do like the blacked out badges and also how there is no chrome on the car (Front Grille and Fender Trim), and also the burbles that go blub blub blub.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | CF Trim | Moonroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 1