Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

12-20-2017, 11:12 AM   #1
rblynn78
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X5M

Feedback Wanted: JB4 / Active 8 vs Hex Tune

All, I am hoping someone can help me out here with real world experience. I was sold on the Hex Tune but stopped last minute due to removing the DME, just didn't like that aspect, so I went with the AA Active8 piggyback. I am happy with it, but always wanted the other HEX features too. So, has anyone gone from a JB4, Active 8 or other piggyback to the HEX? If so, what is your experience? Beyond the features, how do you think the tune compares? I am sure there are many others in this boat, so feedback is really appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 12:27 PM   #2
SflBimmer8484
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: .

Hi,

In addition to our active-8 we also offer our Full Active Flash tuning for the F body platform. I recently made the switch from the piggy back to our flash and what I noticed the most other than the addition of the burble tune was more consistent power when doing multiple runs. However the Dyno does show about 15-20 whp increase with less boost and more consistent ignition timing.

What is it you are looking to gain by going to flash?

Last edited by SflBimmer8484; 12-20-2017 at 02:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2017, 05:27 PM   #3
djpeetur
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

I like the HEX stage 1 flash. I had the jb4 stage 1. Feeling wise. It feels twice as strong as the jb4. all people talk about is bm3 and hex. I chose hex because it sold me on, engine reliability and longevity. I wanted to push my car's limit with a tune, that was on budget and that made me feel secure. GO HEX. no regrets
Appreciate 2