Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

04-22-2024, 08:16 PM   #1
c13v31and
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Only Top-down view shown while reversing

I recently purchased a 2015 F80 M3 (68k miles) and am no longer seeing the backup camera when I reverse - only the top down view is shown on the screen when in reverse. I washed the car for the first time while in my possession today and right after the wash the front/side cameras stopped working and I got a ‘camera faulty’ error on the screen, so I assume it may be related to that?

I wiped the front cameras off and let them sit in the sun and they resumed working after an hour or so. However, the backup camera still will not show on the screen when I’m in reverse - otherwise the car seems to recognize I’m in reverse as the side mirrors point down and the top down camera turns on. I see there’s an unchecked ‘R’ box on the left side of the screen when I’m in top down view, however I cannot navigate to the items on the left side of the screen using the idrive scroll (no touch screen). Has anyone ran into this before, or would know how to ‘check’ the Reverse camera box on the left side of the camera screen? Right now I can’t really tell if the reverse camera is being faulty or if I’ve just somehow ‘turned it off’ in the settings.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2024, 08:36 PM   #2
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Push the navigation controller to the left, then you should be able to check the "R" box.

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2024, 09:16 PM   #3
c13v31and
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
Push the navigation controller to the left, then you should be able to check the "R" box.
Wow you are right and I feel dumb, didn’t even know the ‘tilt’ function of the navigation controller was a thing. Thanks!
Appreciate 0