European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

09-19-2023, 01:17 PM   #23
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loeraf80 View Post
What’s does the federal emesions warranty really cover? What makes it void the warranty?
There is only 2 parts covered under the 8 Years, 80K miles.

Catalytic Converter
Engine Control Module (Including Onboard Diagnostic System).

I'm guessing any tampering would void it.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 01:27 PM   #24
Loeraf80
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Does tuning the car void the warranty?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 01:36 PM   #25
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loeraf80 View Post
Does tuning the car void the warranty?
If you tune the car and it's running rich and it ruins the catalytic converter and they see the car is tuned. They will check and see if the tune is causing the unburnt fuel running into the catalytic converter, point to the tune to cause that the engine to run out of normal parameters which cause excessive wear and tear on the catalytic converter. If the car is normally running and there's no outside forces causing a premature failure, then you'll be covered under warranty.

If you tune the car and then it bricks the ECU then yes.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2024, 05:27 PM   #26
nexgenmusic
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 (2017)

Got my PCV issue covered under warranty...

I registered an account and came here just to let people know that this issue started occurring for me last week (I am out of warranty) and I took it into my dealer service department today letting them know that that this *should be* covered under FEW (essentially telling them not asking them) and they confirmed that it was. Sorted!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 11:27 AM   #27
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexgenmusic View Post
I registered an account and came here just to let people know that this issue started occurring for me last week (I am out of warranty) and I took it into my dealer service department today letting them know that that this *should be* covered under FEW (essentially telling them not asking them) and they confirmed that it was. Sorted!
BMW NA denied my claim as the warranty book specifically states it's not covered as it clearly states only the valve cover gasket is covered. Couldn't win lol.

Appreciate 0