European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

01-06-2024, 02:57 PM   #1
M3EW
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Battery Draw Issue

Long story short a trailer hitch flew down the freeway and broke my oil cooler and pan. Had to get a new engine replaced through insurance.

Shop put everything back and its been running great but now I'm getting a battery draw problem and I already swapped in a new battery and registered it.

After 2 or 3 starts the battery starts to die and I get a bunch of codes being thrown. If I charge the battery back up everything goes back to normal.

The problem is I have to do this every other day and I can't park the car anywhere else other my garage since I'm afraid it's going to be dead on the street. Anyone have a similar problem or know how to fix this?
      01-06-2024, 04:16 PM   #2
AlmondJayRoM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3EW View Post
Long story short a trailer hitch flew down the freeway and broke my oil cooler and pan. Had to get a new engine replaced through insurance.

Shop put everything back and its been running great but now I'm getting a battery draw problem and I already swapped in a new battery and registered it.

After 2 or 3 starts the battery starts to die and I get a bunch of codes being thrown. If I charge the battery back up everything goes back to normal.

The problem is I have to do this every other day and I can't park the car anywhere else other my garage since I'm afraid it's going to be dead on the street. Anyone have a similar problem or know how to fix this?
Take it back to the shop and explain the situation. The car isn't restored back to normal and they need to complete the fix. All the work should go under the same claim.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 11:05 AM   #3
gerri
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F83 - E46 318Ci Cabrio

During the engine replacement something went wrong with the alternator.
Appreciate 0