Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

08-03-2019, 09:16 AM   #1
M4UFO
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 Comp

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [0.00]
Service Plan

Anyone taken out the new monthly payment service plan for M3/4.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 04:15 AM   #2
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Unless you're a high mileage user why would you? (in fact even then it doesn't make sense) it's Just another DD adding to the drip plus what happens when you decide to sell the car 9 months into the year but haven't had it serviced yet, you've paid 9 months for nothing, servicing intervals can be up to 2 years depending on your mileage so I wouldn't bother myself.

If you need to save for the service cost just put the money aside every month.
      08-08-2019, 09:42 AM   #3
M4UFO
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Unless you're a high mileage user why would you? (in fact even then it doesn't make sense) it's Just another DD adding to the drip plus what happens when you decide to sell the car 9 months into the year but haven't had it serviced yet, you've paid 9 months for nothing, servicing intervals can be up to 2 years depending on your mileage so I wouldn't bother myself.

If you need to save for the service cost just put the money aside every month.
Just to be clear on this I’ve to get the run in service done by the dealer to keep service warranty, and in future can anyone service the car after that?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 11:07 AM   #4
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4UFO View Post
Just to be clear on this I’ve to get the run in service done by the dealer to keep service warranty, and in future can anyone service the car after that?
I'd always recommend you get an M car serviced by the dealer whilst it's in warranty and for me I'd still go there out of warranty as it helps with good will claims etc...(others may have different views)

My last M car cost around 3k to service over 90,000 miles and 3 years which works out around 3p per mile which is nothing I just paid as I went.

My point was about paying monthly for a service plan which was your question I believe.
      08-12-2019, 07:28 AM   #5
M4UFO
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
I'd always recommend you get an M car serviced by the dealer whilst it's in warranty and for me I'd still go there out of warranty as it helps with good will claims etc...(others may have different views)

My last M car cost around 3k to service over 90,000 miles and 3 years which works out around 3p per mile which is nothing I just paid as I went.

My point was about paying monthly for a service plan which was your question I believe.
Ok thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 10:09 AM   #6
Davlyn
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

My skeptical mind questions whether the main dealers try to cut corners when vehicles on service plans come in.
I've recently picked up a 3 year old M4 with 21k on the clock. Bought from the same supplying BMW main dealer that has supposedly maintained it from new. The previous owner had paid for a 4 year service package so in theory I get the next service free. However, not being one to skimp on maintenance for my vehicles I don't like the extended service intervals so always opt for a 6 month oil & filter change (I plan to keep the car for a long time). So, I recently booked the car in with my local BMW indy for said oil & filter change. I was horrified when the guy at the garage asked me to come in to the workshop to see the state of the filter. Basically it was nearly at the point of collapse, in his opinion the filter change had probably been missed out on at least 1 if not 2 of the last services. His remark was 'they advertise the service packages as being subsidized to keep the work coming in but skimp where they feel they can'. I'm not sure how try this is, but I can definitely vouch for the state of the filter in this instance. Be aware if you plan to keep your vehicle for a long period of time.
Appreciate 0