INDustry distribution
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-10-2019, 08:51 AM   #89
jzhu625
Private First Class
38
Rep
156
Posts

Drives: f83
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long island

iTrader: (0)

i think my 2015 M4 does not have hardware. correct me if i'm wrong. if i do, what's the cost to have apple play?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 09:02 AM   #90
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3693
Rep
19,978
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzhu625 View Post
i think my 2015 M4 does not have hardware. correct me if i'm wrong. if i do, what's the cost to have apple play?
You should have NBT, not NBT2, so CarPlay not possible.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 09:02 AM   #91
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3693
Rep
19,978
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopsandsounds View Post
I recently lost CarPlay due to the ConnectedDrive outage. (I paid for the subscription and the outage doesn't allow the car to authorize the app so it disappeared) I don't really use any of the ConnectedDrive features other than CarPlay. If I code the car for CarPlay outside of the ConnectedDrive store authorization will this type of outage still give me issues?
If you enable via FSC Code, ConnectedDrive not matter.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 10:23 AM   #92
jzhu625
Private First Class
38
Rep
156
Posts

Drives: f83
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long island

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
You should have NBT, not NBT2, so CarPlay not possible.
yeah, i figured.. thank YOU!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2019, 11:16 AM   #93
loopsandsounds
Member
loopsandsounds's Avatar
10
Rep
102
Posts

Drives: 2016-X5M,GT3RS, 2018-M3,Raptor
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Cow Hampshire

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopsandsounds View Post
I recently lost CarPlay due to the ConnectedDrive outage. (I paid for the subscription and the outage doesn't allow the car to authorize the app so it disappeared) I don't really use any of the ConnectedDrive features other than CarPlay. If I code the car for CarPlay outside of the ConnectedDrive store authorization will this type of outage still give me issues?
If you enable via FSC Code, ConnectedDrive not matter.
Thanks Shawn, that's good to know. If I paid BMW for CarPlay already is there an FSC code already hidden in my system I can enable with Esys?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2019, 01:59 PM   #94
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3693
Rep
19,978
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopsandsounds View Post
Thanks Shawn, that's good to know. If I paid BMW for CarPlay already is there an FSC code already hidden in my system I can enable with Esys?
No. You would not have FSC Code as CarPlay is then a Subscription Service enabled via Provisioning, and it would need Connected Drive Services.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 05:02 PM   #95
TIM3TRAV3LER
New Member
0
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW X3 (F25)
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Alright sorry to impede on the F80 forum with an F25, but the X3 forums don't have a lot of discussion on this topic.

I have a 2016 BMW X3 with iDrive 5 (should be NBT Evo)
Doesn't have CarPlay, and doesn't let me purchase it via the Connected Drive app (although it shows it on the list as "unavailable".)

So if I would like to get CarPlay installed on my car, I hear the user "Wibbles" is a resource, how do I find/search this user? Are there other preferred resources?

Sorry if I am behind the curve on this discussion - feel free to PM me.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 05:03 PM   #96
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3693
Rep
19,978
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIM3TRAV3LER View Post
Alright sorry to impede on the F80 forum with an F25, but the X3 forums don't have a lot of discussion on this topic.

I have a 2016 BMW X3 with iDrive 5 (should be NBT Evo)
Doesn't have CarPlay, and doesn't let me purchase it via the Connected Drive app (although it shows it on the list as "unavailable".)

So if I would like to get CarPlay installed on my car, I hear the user "Wibbles" is a resource, how do I find/search this user? Are there other preferred resources?

Sorry if I am behind the curve on this discussion - feel free to PM me.
Thanks
PM sent.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 06:45 AM   #97
d.b.
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: BMW M4 Edition Performance
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Czech Republic

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
PM sent.
Hi there!
Judging from what I have read you are able to get us those FSC codes needed to enable CarPlay Shawn?

I would be interested in any additional info

My 2017 M4 should be eligible I guess...

Thanks a lot!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 06:48 AM   #98
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3693
Rep
19,978
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.b. View Post
Hi there!
Judging from what I have read you are able to get us those FSC codes needed to enable CarPlay Shawn?

I would be interested in any additional info

My 2017 M4 should be eligible I guess...

Thanks a lot!
PM sent.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 03:26 AM   #99
igorce
New Member
2
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: F36 430d
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Hi,
can I get a PM regarding FCS and Carplay?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 06:56 AM   #100
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3693
Rep
19,978
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorce View Post
Hi,
can I get a PM regarding FCS and Carplay?
PM sent.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 11:19 PM   #101
alirz1
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: 2017 320i
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

So Iím in a bad situation.
I have a id5 on my 2016/2017 3 series. I Wanted to activate CarPlay. Found someone on eBay. after softer version verification my system was supported so I bought his CarPlay activation service.
While I waited for his activation file to be sent to me, in the meantime I downloaded the latest update to my id5 from Bmw.com, and updated my system. Itís Still id5.

Later that day I received the CarPlay activation file from the eBay guy, I put it on usb and successful activated CarPlay. However a few hours I realized that my bmw nav is now deactivated.
What can I do? What are my options? Can the eBay guy help me by ending a new fsc that re enables the nav while keeping CarPlay?
Really looking for some help. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2019, 12:34 AM   #102
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3693
Rep
19,978
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alirz1 View Post
So Iím in a bad situation.
I have a id5 on my 2016/2017 3 series. I Wanted to activate CarPlay. Found someone on eBay. after softer version verification my system was supported so I bought his CarPlay activation service.
While I waited for his activation file to be sent to me, in the meantime I downloaded the latest update to my id5 from Bmw.com, and updated my system. Itís Still id5.

Later that day I received the CarPlay activation file from the eBay guy, I put it on usb and successful activated CarPlay. However a few hours I realized that my bmw nav is now deactivated.
What can I do? What are my options? Can the eBay guy help me by ending a new fsc that re enables the nav while keeping CarPlay?
Really looking for some help. Thanks
I replied to your same PM.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2019, 08:04 AM   #103
alirz1
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: 2017 320i
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
I replied to your same PM.
Thanks. Got it.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 04:44 PM   #104
WhiteDragon
New Member
WhiteDragon's Avatar
2
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: BMW F82 M4 Comp
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

CarPlay :-)

Hi Shawn,

Any chance of the info please?

TIA
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 06:02 PM   #105
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3693
Rep
19,978
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
Hi Shawn,

Any chance of the info please?

TIA
PM sent.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 05:06 AM   #106
rsthiswayup
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: 2018 F80 M3 Comp in YMB
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Chester

iTrader: (0)

Hi Shawn,

If you're still in the mood for PMs on this subject then I'd love one
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 10:19 AM   #107
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3693
Rep
19,978
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsthiswayup View Post
Hi Shawn,

If you're still in the mood for PMs on this subject then I'd love one
PM sent.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 02:46 PM   #108
Downeaster1
BMW Master Tech
Downeaster1's Avatar
United_States
286
Rep
738
Posts

Drives: E30, E36, E82, E90, F10, F80
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calabasas, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1985 Alpina C2 2.7  [0.00]
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW 128i  [5.00]
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
1992 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Can I also jump on that bandwagon? Thank you!
__________________
135is #502 of 586
BMW LED Performance Wheel | OEM FULL Carbon Fiber | E9X M3 Gauge Cluster | E9X Exterior Mirrors | E9X M3 Full Suspension | E9X M3 Diff | PT-CAN2 Enabled | Bilstiens | Michelin PSS's | NBT Navigation Retrofit with Touch Pad
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 03:12 PM   #109
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3693
Rep
19,978
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downeaster1 View Post
Can I also jump on that bandwagon? Thank you!
PM sent.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2019, 05:26 PM   #110
bb1857
Major
bb1857's Avatar
826
Rep
1,366
Posts

Drives: 2017 AW/SO F82 ZCP
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Sykesville, MD

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335 E92  [0.00]
2015 BMW 428GC  [0.00]
2014 BMW 535i  [0.00]
If I could get this as well it would awesome!!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST