Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - New England

04-04-2019, 01:01 PM   #1
katzndogs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '16 M3 6MT

New Hampshire Motor Speedway 4/20 HPDE

Hi Guys,

Anyone on here attending this event by BMW CCA White Mountain Chapter? I signed up earlier this week.

Alex
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2019, 02:46 PM   #2
scott13
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 | BSM | 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzndogs View Post
Hi Guys,

Anyone on here attending this event by BMW CCA White Mountain Chapter? I signed up earlier this week.

Alex
Oh crap. Didn't realize it was so close. That snuck up on me. I've done that HPDE in years past and it's usually a pretty good group that shows up. Have you driven the NHMS track before?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2019, 09:54 AM   #3
katzndogs
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott13 View Post
Oh crap. Didn't realize it was so close. That snuck up on me. I've done that HPDE in years past and it's usually a pretty good group that shows up. Have you driven the NHMS track before?
Registration is still open until the 14th and I believe there are still spots available. This is actually my first track day and I've never been to NHMS. Any insights you can share about the track would be great!

Alex
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2019, 11:20 AM   #4
scott13
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 | BSM | 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzndogs View Post
Registration is still open until the 14th and I believe there are still spots available. This is actually my first track day and I've never been to NHMS. Any insights you can share about the track would be great!

Alex
Hmm. Some quick tips that jump to mind...

Prepare to have a GREAT time. And listen to the instructor. And don't be ashamed to give people point-by's. First time on track you quickly learn to leave any and all ego in the garage. If you have a torque wrench, bring it. There's a good chance you'll need to re-torque the lugs after a few runs. If you don't have one, someone there almost certainly will and everybody is usually really good about sharing. And don't be shocked to realize at the end of the day that you've pretty much trashed your tires...but it's SOOO worth it.

As far as the track itself goes...it's a little heady (to me). There's not much runoff anywhere, but that's more of a psychological thing and not something you'll likely need (if you listen to the instructors). The instructors usually do a really good job of sharing tips about lines to follow and won't push you to be any more aggressive than you're comfortable with.

I'm by no means a "track guy", but I've done multiple days at NHMS in recent past, so if you have any questions/concerns/etc., lemme know. I'm happy to try to answer if I can.

Scott
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 01:59 PM   #5
katzndogs
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott13 View Post
Hmm. Some quick tips that jump to mind...

Prepare to have a GREAT time. And listen to the instructor. And don't be ashamed to give people point-by's. First time on track you quickly learn to leave any and all ego in the garage. If you have a torque wrench, bring it. There's a good chance you'll need to re-torque the lugs after a few runs. If you don't have one, someone there almost certainly will and everybody is usually really good about sharing. And don't be shocked to realize at the end of the day that you've pretty much trashed your tires...but it's SOOO worth it.

As far as the track itself goes...it's a little heady (to me). There's not much runoff anywhere, but that's more of a psychological thing and not something you'll likely need (if you listen to the instructors). The instructors usually do a really good job of sharing tips about lines to follow and won't push you to be any more aggressive than you're comfortable with.

I'm by no means a "track guy", but I've done multiple days at NHMS in recent past, so if you have any questions/concerns/etc., lemme know. I'm happy to try to answer if I can.

Scott

Thanks for the info. What tire pressures were you running on the track? I'll be running brand new PSS on stock 437M wheels for reference.

Alex
Appreciate 0