Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

04-10-2023, 07:36 AM   #1
Pete.J
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 DCT (F82)

Garage List
Bathurst 6HR

Anyone here watched the Bathurst 6HR on Easter Sunday?

There was a strong S55 powered car presence as usual, and some of the best racing I've seen in a long time.

I'll upload the whole 6hr race to YT some time this week, but for now I'll leave you with this short 2mins battle between a F80, F82, and F87.

You can read the rule book on the event's website, S55 cars are allowed to run up to 1.79 bar (25.9psi), so all these are basically Stage 2 tuned cars. They're allowed mods for cooling, brakes, cage, suspension... etc. but cannot upgrade turbos, and can only run on 98ulp.

Edit: I do some consulting and remote coding work for one of the teams that race one of the M4s in this event, and I used to be one of the mechanics/pit crew between 2018-2021 at this event, and we don't have a crank hub capture, or a pinned crank hub, or any sort of crank hub solution. The car is DCT and has 36,000km worth of racing kilometres, still haven't spun the cb.

Last edited by Pete.J; 04-10-2023 at 07:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2023, 08:21 PM   #2
Pete.J
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 DCT (F82)

Garage List
Full race for those interested

04-14-2023, 06:19 PM   #3
LarryEmdur
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CP

Thanks for uploading, I have so far only watched the highlights package of the race and it looked super entertaining and was quite happy to see so many M cars in the mix. Hopefully I’ll find time to watch the whole thing.

On the crank hub topic, I just had the bolt capture done at Lyntons a few days before this race as they were saying they’ve had the bolt loosening but never a spun crank. I plan on doing about 10-12 track days this year and for approx $550 for the bolt capture, didn’t have to think too hard about getting it done.

I believe the Apex ring taxi F80 is also crankhub fix free and Mischa mentions in one of his videos how one of the first things all the Americans ask about is that. All of this of course is in the context of up to stage 2 power with stock turbos.
Appreciate 0