Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

01-23-2023, 09:11 PM   #23
zipdrive
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M 4 FUN View Post
I'll give you guys a tip : Before you install the upper perch into the frame, cut a circle of neoprene rubber. Put it around the top of the perch and glue it on both sides. Then take a candle and scrape it on the threads. Parrafine is very slippy and doesn't attract dirt like grease do. Then mount everything. When you need to adjust, the upper perch sits much better in place and does not turn as easy as when it just lays against the frame.
Thanks, I thought of that too but only after I ran into the problem, then it was too late as I did not want to drop the control arm again. But next time I drop the arm I'll definitely do what you suggested.
In the meantime applying pressure on the top perch with a jack works well as a workaround
Appreciate 1
M 4 FUN606.00