Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-29-2020, 01:05 PM   #1
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
proTUNING Freaks's Avatar
3948
Rep
1,763
Posts


Drives: powered by bootmod3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: www.protuningfreaks.com | www.bootmod3.com

iTrader: (0)

bootmod3: Rolling ANTILAG (DEMO) - Advanced End User/Tuning Features (Part 3)

In the previous video we demonstrated bootmod3's on-the-fly map switching using steering wheel controls allowing users to flash the car once and then select between any 4 maps that can be custom tuned to suit your modifications, octane and racing needs:

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1768838

In today's demo video we're showing another new tuning feature that is in the works by the bootmod3 dev team called ANTILAG. To trigger it you simple press UP and hold on the cruise button on the left side of the steering wheel. While holding it, the DME switches to an internal antilag tuning strategy and tables where antilag RPM, ignition timing, accelerator pedal threshold, target load/boost and other values can be configured to dial it in as needed.

In this demo, vehicle is a 2015 BMW F80 M3, RPM is set to around 4k rpm, with accel pedal threshold at 100% (driver needs to go WOT to trigger it). In 1-2 seconds after triggering it, this car running ASR Kratos turbos, is able to hit 30psi! Turbo lag goodbye!

We've added logic to ensure pressing the button UP on its own does not trigger ANTILAG mode until pedal and RPM thresholds are reached (both of which are tunable in the map). In addition, any of the 4 on-the-fly switchable maps can be set to have antilag enabled or disabled so the user can configure it to their needs (e.g. map1 no antilag, but map4 all the antilag/boost, etc.)

bootmod3's rolling antilag feature is end user configurable from the app on-demand so any of its parameters can be altered on-demand while driving without turning the engine off and reflashing.

All the advanced tuning features such as map switching, antilag, flex fuel, are in progress of being ported as many if not all vehicles currently supported by bootmod3.

Hope you enjoy this video!

Appreciate 6
terahertz153.00
Halim@HCP681.00
gspannu168.00
HyeM3445.00
mzcp415.00
FSociety3600.50
      10-29-2020, 01:55 PM   #2
MINERALWHITE_F80M3
Private First Class
MINERALWHITE_F80M3's Avatar
65
Rep
146
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 - F80
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: MIAMI, FL

iTrader: (0)

woahhhhhhh!

When will this be available for users?!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 01:57 PM   #3
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
168
Rep
1,193
Posts

Drives: F10 535, F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
In the previous video we demonstrated bootmod3's on-the-fly map switching using steering wheel controls allowing users to flash the car once and then select between any 4 maps that can be custom tuned to suit your modifications, octane and racing needs:

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1768838

In today's demo video we're showing another new tuning feature that is in the works by the bootmod3 dev team called ANTILAG. To trigger it you simple press UP and hold on the cruise button on the left side of the steering wheel. While holding it, the DME switches to an internal antilag tuning strategy and tables where antilag RPM, ignition timing, accelerator pedal threshold, target load/boost and other values can be configured to dial it in as needed.

In this demo, vehicle is a 2015 BMW F80 M3, RPM is set to around 4k rpm, with accel pedal threshold at 100% (driver needs to go WOT to trigger it). In 1-2 seconds after triggering it, this car running ASR Kratos turbos, is able to hit 30psi! Turbo lag goodbye!

We've added logic to ensure pressing the button UP on its own does not trigger ANTILAG mode until pedal and RPM thresholds are reached (both of which are tunable in the map). In addition, any of the 4 on-the-fly switchable maps can be set to have antilag enabled or disabled so the user can configure it to their needs (e.g. map1 no antilag, but map4 all the antilag/boost, etc.)

bootmod3's rolling antilag feature is end user configurable from the app on-demand so any of its parameters can be altered on-demand while driving without turning the engine off and reflashing.

All the advanced tuning features such as map switching, antilag, flex fuel, are in progress of being ported as many if not all vehicles currently supported by bootmod3.

Hope you enjoy this video!

Great work, guys....

Waiting for you to drop the features in a iOS Beta version to test.
__________________
---
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 02:53 PM   #4
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
jpy1980's Avatar
United_States
1505
Rep
1,966
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (3)

So how does the antilag work? Meaning in what application would you use it? Like roll racing?
Appreciate 1
Bmwlmr99193.00
      10-29-2020, 02:54 PM   #5
Mintsopoulos
Lieutenant
Mintsopoulos's Avatar
United_States
408
Rep
501
Posts

Drives: '15 MW F80 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Will there be any way of notifying that antilag has been engaged? So that you know 100% you're ready to smash the pedal?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 02:55 PM   #6
Mintsopoulos
Lieutenant
Mintsopoulos's Avatar
United_States
408
Rep
501
Posts

Drives: '15 MW F80 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post
So how does the antilag work? Meaning in what application would you use it? Like roll racing?
Roll racing or from a dig. It basically allows you to build boost for more power off the line/roll
__________________
Appreciate 1
Mike.1889.00
      10-29-2020, 02:57 PM   #7
Mike.
Mike: Everyone's Pal
Mike.'s Avatar
No_Country
1889
Rep
3,020
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Eastern Long Island

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [5.00]
I wonder how our crank hubs will like this
__________________

Alpine MSS Stage 2+ Flex Fuel tune|MST Intakes|VRSF Single Mid Pipe|Agency Power Intercooler|VTT Full solution crank hub fix
Appreciate 6
      10-29-2020, 03:11 PM   #8
fiveohwblow
Major
fiveohwblow's Avatar
United_States
2820
Rep
1,189
Posts

Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Desert SW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
I wonder how our crank hubs will like this
"thank you, may I have another."
Appreciate 5
      10-29-2020, 05:51 PM   #9
TopJimmy
Colonel
TopJimmy's Avatar
United_States
1606
Rep
2,081
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 F80
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Chester County, PA

iTrader: (2)

proTUNING Freaks and Halim@HCP
You Rock!!!
__________________
'18 F80 Base 6MT | Paul's E85 | Stock Turbos | Kies Hub | FBOs | 7sec 60-130 | 11.7sec 1/4mi@124
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 11:13 PM   #10
MisterF80M3
Major
MisterF80M3's Avatar
947
Rep
1,120
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: CA

iTrader: (4)

When is the ETA for the release of the new update?
__________________
2018 BMW F80 ///M3
570WHP/578TQ
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 11:26 PM   #11
fiveohwblow
Major
fiveohwblow's Avatar
United_States
2820
Rep
1,189
Posts

Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Desert SW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterF80M3 View Post
When is the ETA for the release of the new update?
So far they donít care to answer these types of questions.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 12:06 AM   #12
Kilabyte
I'm Batman!
Poland
2245
Rep
931
Posts

Drives: Mineral White M3 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
So far they donít care to answer these types of questions.
He asked a question at 12:13AM EST, horrible customer service, how dare do they not answer, just horrible!
__________________

S55, 2JZ
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 12:07 AM   #13
fiveohwblow
Major
fiveohwblow's Avatar
United_States
2820
Rep
1,189
Posts

Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Desert SW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilabyte View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
So far they don't care to answer these types of questions.
He asked a question at 12:13AM EST, horrible customer service, how dare do they not answer, just horrible!
I was referring to the continued questioning of the map switching feature.

Nice try though.

Mineral white asked 10 hours ago in this thread also.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 09:13 AM   #14
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
14652
Rep
157,602
Posts


Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (21)

Keep up the good work guys
__________________
September SALE||https://x-ph.com/sale/
Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 12:44 PM   #15
Kilabyte
I'm Batman!
Poland
2245
Rep
931
Posts

Drives: Mineral White M3 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
I was referring to the continued questioning of the map switching feature.

Nice try though.

Mineral white asked 10 hours ago in this thread also.
It was a joke, take it easy
__________________

S55, 2JZ
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 12:54 PM   #16
Jamongkad
Second Lieutenant
United_States
169
Rep
268
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 F80 @yellowmellowm3
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
"thank you, may I have another."
You're definitely going to have to get the crank hub fix after this mod!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 01:21 PM   #17
chewbakam4
Major
chewbakam4's Avatar
641
Rep
1,055
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Malton

iTrader: (0)

Holy smokes thatís sick!! Time to install a huge turbo now!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 07:21 PM   #18
Ed_rx7
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
124
Rep
483
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 CP
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (0)

Traction is gonna be junk now!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2020, 03:29 AM   #19
maddmatth
Major
New Zealand
499
Rep
1,009
Posts

Drives: F82 M4, E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

So, this is kinda like launch control, but for launching from a roll? Not gonna use this on my car, but I can appreciate that it's a really cool development!
Appreciate 1
      11-03-2020, 01:40 AM   #20
HyeM3
Lieutenant
HyeM3's Avatar
United_States
445
Rep
483
Posts

Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: California

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterF80M3 View Post
When is the ETA for the release of the new update?
So far they don't care to answer these types of questions.
Just saw a couple replies from an admin on the bm3 Facebook page that rolling anti lag and map switching will be released in 2 weeks!
Appreciate 3
      11-08-2020, 11:55 AM   #21
Trevorstein
Lieutenant
Trevorstein's Avatar
114
Rep
466
Posts

Drives: Trabant
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Galifrey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeM3 View Post
Just saw a couple replies from an admin on the bm3 Facebook page that rolling anti lag and map switching will be released in 2 weeks!



Can't wait@


__________________
///M Joy
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 06:49 AM   #22
MINERALWHITE_F80M3
Private First Class
MINERALWHITE_F80M3's Avatar
65
Rep
146
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 - F80
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: MIAMI, FL

iTrader: (0)

Any update on release?!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
antilag, bm3, bmw, bmw m3, bmw m4, bootmod3, flex fuel, map switching, rolling antilag

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST