Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

10-11-2016, 09:58 PM   #1
blinkme323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Student discount changes?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I was just informed that the student discount criteria have changed and now require one to graduate within 4 months of delivery instead of the usual 6. Can anyone confirm?
      10-11-2016, 11:33 PM   #2
MPakE90
Private
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C

To be clear have you graduated recently or will be graduating soon because those are two different requirements.

Straight from the website: http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...teProgram.aspx

Eligibility Requirements:
-You've earned an undergraduate, graduate or associate's degree from an accredited college or university within the previous 24 months OR you are eligible to graduate within the next 6 months and have a verifiable offer of employment.

-You have at least 6 months of credit history with no major derogatory entries.

-You have a debt-to-income ratio of 20% or less.

-You can provide a copy of your diploma or your official transcript.

-Security deposit will be waived unless stipulated by credit.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2016, 11:36 PM   #3
blinkme323
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPakE90
To be clear have you graduated recently or will be graduating soon because those are two different requirements.

Straight from the website: http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...teProgram.aspx

Eligibility Requirements:
-You've earned an undergraduate, graduate or associate's degree from an accredited college or university within the previous 24 months OR you are eligible to graduate within the next 6 months and have a verifiable offer of employment.

-You have at least 6 months of credit history with no major derogatory entries.

-You have a debt-to-income ratio of 20% or less.

-You can provide a copy of your diploma or your official transcript.

-Security deposit will be waived unless stipulated by credit.
Yes, I understand exactly what the website says. I'm being told that is no longer valid though and the requirement is 4 months within graduation instead of 6 months. I take delivery in December and finish grad school in May so this is definitely a big impact for me if true
      10-11-2016, 11:56 PM   #4
MPakE90
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkme323 View Post
Yes, I understand exactly what the website says. I'm being told that is no longer valid though and the requirement is 4 months within graduation instead of 6 months. I take delivery in December and finish grad school in May so this is definitely a big impact for me if true
That seems very unlikely.. I'm eligible for this credit but I graduated this past June so I fall under a different requirement

I've had a very negative experience with a dealership in the past where I had to jump through hoops and print out the goddamn finance offer from BMW's website for them to approve my .9% financing even after the finance manager tried to sell me a bunch of bs and say that it might be good only for 12 months and that he could offer me 3.5% for 60 months..

I would call other dealerships or reach out to GOLFERRR on the 2017 M3/4 Pricing Thread and see if your dealership is yanking your chain
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2016, 12:09 AM   #5
blinkme323
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPakE90
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkme323 View Post
That seems very unlikely.. I'm eligible for this credit but I graduated this past June so I fall under a different requirement

I've had a very negative experience with a dealership in the past where I had to jump through hoops and print out the goddamn finance offer from BMW's website for them to approve my .9% financing even after the finance manager tried to sell me a bunch of bs and say that it might be good only for 12 months and that he could offer me 3.5% for 60 months..

I would call other dealerships or reach out to GOLFERRR on the 2017 M3/4 Pricing Thread and see if your dealership is yanking your chain
Thanks for the insight! Yeah I'll ask around and see what the deal is, something definitely doesn't sound right.
      10-12-2016, 12:19 AM   #6
MPakE90
Private
Rep

No problem! Also, it seems like you ordered a car, so in the event it's true maybe you can play the "waiting game" and tell them you want to wait until February unless they can meet you halfway or something. I'm sure they may want to negotiate and close the sale in December to meet their year end goals
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 10:45 PM   #7
blinkme323
Captain
Rep

So I'm still being told by the dealer that you need to be within 4 months of graduation and not 6. Has anyone used this rebate lately that could maybe add some insight?
      11-01-2016, 11:18 PM   #8
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Took this screenshot of bmwusa.com August 6th. Dealer honored it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2016, 11:12 PM   #9
blinkme323
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4
Took this screenshot of bmwusa.com August 6th. Dealer honored it.
Thanks, I'll be picking up my car within the next month, so hopefully they honor it.
      04-02-2022, 02:06 PM   #10
Johnurolosd
Registered
Rep
Drives: M8, M5, X5

Another (newer) thread I couldn't find, I found out that soon there will be some changes with the student discount again, is that right?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:08 AM   #11
briansmith4631
Essay Writing service
Rep
Drives: New York

"Looking for expert assistance with your law essays? Visit this forum thread for discussions on various topics related to law essay help https://allessaywriter.com/law-essay-help.html. Explore valuable insights, tips, and recommendations to enhance your essay writing
Appreciate 0