Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

07-27-2018, 03:06 PM   #1
bluek
Rep
Drives: 2015 Black F82

Water Leaking Into Driver Side Panel Behind Door

I have an M4, left it on the driveway for a few days during heavy rain. Now have water that perhaps got in thru the seals? not sure behind the body panel on the driver side of the car directly behind the door. I hear the water sloshing around in there and if I stop fast it will come up and spray the side window. I took it to the dealer today. Wondering if this has been an issue for anyone else?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2018, 04:45 PM   #2
Jim B
Wingman
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluek View Post
I have an M4, left it on the driveway for a few days during heavy rain. Now have water that perhaps got in thru the seals? not sure behind the body panel on the driver side of the car directly behind the door. I hear the water sloshing around in there and if I stop fast it will come up and spray the side window. I took it to the dealer today. Wondering if this has been an issue for anyone else?

Thanks

I haven't had that happen with mine.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2018, 06:25 PM   #3
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluek View Post

Thanks
Several similar incidents in f30 threads over last month (with solutions)

Start here

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1516689

References another thread as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2018, 07:21 PM   #4
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
do you have a sunroof?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2018, 12:37 PM   #5
mugglechild
Rep
Drives: ‘18 M3

Based on your description, I would find the moisture barrier the most suspect, of course barring any accidental intrusion from a window not fully closed, etc.
After rainfall, open the door in question and see if there are any water droplets forming out of the crevice between the bottom of the interior door panel and the door. This is a good way to tell.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2018, 08:37 AM   #6
bluek
Rep
Drives: 2015 Black F82

I took the car into the dealer yesterday, they'll have it for the next week at least as I am traveling. Will come back with their report. The good news so far, based on lack of similar experiences in this thread, is at least this doesn't sound like a common problem.
Appreciate 0