proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

03-18-2018, 02:16 AM   #111
8_is_enough
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 GT3, 18 Macan GTS, 22 X540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8_is_enough View Post
I was cruising down a local street and noticed a new M4 ZCP a few cars ahead. Stayed under the limit and pulled up to wave at him, but for some reason he sped up and lifted the gas to M-Queef at me, which was just odd and especially lame because he was 100% stock. Thought he was just having fun, so I caught up to him and then BAM he boned out and starting weaving through traffic, continuing to left off the gas for more queefs. Loser!
How did you know he was 100% stock? A flash tune won't be visible until the gas is floored.
I should have said the exhaust was 100% stock. At least that's what it sounded like
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 11:48 AM   #112
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

I just realized a sort of legal way to fvck with tailgaters; I just enabled the rear Euro fogs lights on my car and I installed some super bright LED projector bulbs. Anytime someone decides to ride my ass, I turn on the rear fogs and watch them get literally blinded by their own stupidity and lack of consideration.

This usually works but some people hang tough behind me regardless, even though they are like two steps away from moderate vision loss and possible risk of crashing into ditch.. But in my experience, A-holes go real hard for their cause..
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2018, 12:04 PM   #113
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 G83 comp & 2024 X5 M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil_linus View Post
I just realized a sort of legal way to fvck with tailgaters; I just enabled the rear Euro fogs lights on my car and I installed some super bright LED projector bulbs. Anytime someone decides to ride my ass, I turn on the rear fogs and watch them get literally blinded by their own stupidity and lack of consideration.

This usually works but some people hang tough behind me regardless, even though they are like two steps away from moderate vision loss and possible risk of crashing into ditch.. But in my experience, A-holes go real hard for their cause..
Is this during daylight? As sunglasses would defeat the super bright LED rear fog lights. At night the tailgater could just flash his high beans back, especially if the vehicle has LED's.
      03-18-2018, 12:07 PM   #114
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 G83 comp & 2024 X5 M60

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I was cruising down a local street and noticed a new M4 ZCP a few cars ahead. Stayed under the limit and pulled up to wave at him, but for some reason he sped up and lifted the gas to M-Queef at me, which was just odd and especially lame because he was 100% stock. Thought he was just having fun, so I caught up to him and then BAM he boned out and starting weaving through traffic, continuing to left off the gas for more queefs. Loser!
How did you know he was 100% stock? A flash tune won't be visible until the gas is floored.
I should have said the exhaust was 100% stock. At least that's what it sounded like
A stage II tune doesn't require MPE, just catless DP's, airfilters, and the ECU tune. If I trailed you in my F83 ZCP you would assume it was also stock- don't make assumations.
      03-18-2018, 12:15 PM   #115
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil_linus View Post

Is this during daylight? As sunglasses would defeat the super bright LED rear fog lights. At night the tailgater could just flash his high beans back, especially if the vehicle has LED's.
No, this obviously only works at nighttime. It's not a built in anti-tailgater weapon but works to a degree although it's not perfect. And they could flash as much as they want, you won't really see much; with the auto-dimming mirrors and they fogs drowning out their headlights.

And TBH, if you rather dangerously ride someone's tail and continue flashing them instead of doing the sensible thing and just moving over to another lane and freely going about your way; you're a Grade A a$$hole and belong in ditch anyway.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 12:21 PM   #116
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Reading this thread, I'm glad I don't have to deal with Freeways like you all in Cali.
SoCal sucks, but NorCal can be awesome - huge wide open spaces, beautiful freeways like 280 from San Jose to San Francisco (has been called America's most beautiful urban freeway). Not that many cops, enough traffic to play Speedway, but not enough to slow you down (as long as it's not rush hour), and a LOT of nice cars to play with. Last weekend I played with a new Ferrari Portofino; pretty even match I'd say. (I hate to say it, but I could see getting one)

I do a lot of driving on the 101, 280, 87, 85 loops between the peninsula (Palo Alto, mountain view, etc) and San Jose and it's a gold mine for an ///M car, even in rush hour if you drive opposite of traffic (e.g, north on 101 from SJ to MtV at 5pm)

Given all of that the fact that you're not more than 20 minutes away from twisties of two mountain ranges and more than hour from Highway 1 ... I'd say NorCal is about the best drivers region in the US.

And ... it's all greens right now! Time for a run!

Appreciate 4
Ibiza3596.00
Lytics12.00
JibSTir13602.50
      03-18-2018, 12:25 PM   #117
8_is_enough
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 GT3, 18 Macan GTS, 22 X540i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
A stage II tune doesn't require MPE, just catless DP's, airfilters, and the ECU tune. If I trailed you in my F83 ZCP you would assume it was also stock- don't make assumations.
Geez preach on brotha.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 06:37 PM   #118
tropicalypso
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Occasionally

Sitting at an intersection today, a dude-bro, riding shotgun in a suv, leaned out of his window and yelled "I love your Toyota!!!"

I enjoyed the laugh.
Dimitri314.50
      03-19-2018, 08:58 AM   #119
Pic18
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18' F80 Comp, Spec E46

So in my first drive out of hibernation this weekend I ran into a bunch of people driving like a-holes, although that is kind of par for the course for Michiganders so it may not be the car.

Long story short Michigan drivers like to speed up when you try an pass them and do what I call "speed match". Basically instead of passing you end up driving next to someone until you either punch it to get by them or hit other traffic that acts as a pick. Also had someone speed up just to block me in this weekend, and another blow by me after I passed them, just to slow down a mile later. I digress.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 10:22 AM   #120
FirstF80InSpace
///M You
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 Porsche 718 Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pic18 View Post
So in my first drive out of hibernation this weekend I ran into a bunch of people driving like a-holes, although that is kind of par for the course for Michiganders so it may not be the car.

Long story short Michigan drivers like to speed up when you try an pass them and do what I call "speed match". Basically instead of passing you end up driving next to someone until you either punch it to get by them or hit other traffic that acts as a pick. Also had someone speed up just to block me in this weekend, and another blow by me after I passed them, just to slow down a mile later. I digress.
Happened to me this morning as I was trying to pass this cube van driving slow in the passing lane. Of course he high beamed me when I got in front of him.

Need to get one of these for my rear window.

Appreciate 1
      03-19-2018, 10:46 AM   #121
JibSTir13
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 / FJ Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
I do a lot of driving on the 101, 280, 87, 85 loops between the peninsula (Palo Alto, mountain view, etc) and San Jose and it's a gold mine for an ///M car, even in rush hour if you drive opposite of traffic (e.g, north on 101 from SJ to MtV at 5pm)
Do you drive the 101N route from San Jose to MV regularly? This is also my after work commute, although I'm usually on it between 5:30 and 6:30.

Perhaps we have seen each other during this drive. I usually try to say hi to fellow M drivers even though most just stare at me blankly.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 12:15 PM   #122
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JibSTir13 View Post
Do you drive the 101N route from San Jose to MV regularly? This is also my after work commute, although I'm usually on it between 5:30 and 6:30.

Perhaps we have seen each other during this drive. I usually try to say hi to fellow M drivers even though most just stare at me blankly.
I do! my time varies though ... 330-5. Last friday I saw an AY M3 on 85 southbound around 5.

I usually do the waggle or thumbs up and about 75% of the time get a response .. funny because i'm always looking for cool cars but other people just seem to be concentrated on driving ... seems like a horrible way to spend your commute.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 02:01 PM   #123
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:

Metro Detroiters drive like mad, especially on the Woodward corridor where it looks like both of us live.

Due to the pathetic roads and my stiff suspension, I drive very conservatively. Not below the speed limit, but conservatively. I feel like I'm going to get run off the road on a daily basis.

The type of behaviors I see on the road is a direct reflection of the type of people who live here...never saw this behavior in the highly-educated suburbs of Seattle.
Appreciate 1
Pic18303.50
      03-19-2018, 03:07 PM   #124
JibSTir13
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 / FJ Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Metro Detroiters drive like mad, especially on the Woodward corridor where it looks like both of us live.

Due to the pathetic roads and my stiff suspension, I drive very conservatively. Not below the speed limit, but conservatively. I feel like I'm going to get run off the road on a daily basis.

The type of behaviors I see on the road is a direct reflection of the type of people who live here...never saw this behavior in the highly-educated suburbs of Seattle.
I live in a highly educated area, possibly one of the highest in the nation, and see ass-hat driving daily.
Appreciate 3
      03-19-2018, 03:33 PM   #125
HPIA4v2
Major
Rep
Drives: F80, F86

I've been in all the scenarios you guys telling, if you haven't then you have not driven enough on freeways.

Pack your patient not heat, don't be a statistics:
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...-interstate-5/
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 09:59 PM   #126
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Yeah, but to be fair, the Seattle suburbs are full of pussies.

Last edited by GrussGott; 03-19-2018 at 11:53 PM..
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9698.00
      03-19-2018, 10:22 PM   #127
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Yeah, but to fair, the Seattle suburbs are full of pussies.
lmfao
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 10:37 PM   #128
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, but to fair, the Seattle suburbs are full of pussies.
LOL definitely true. If anything they are super passive and are in no rush to get anywhere. Left lane camping Subarus are an epidemic.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18116.50
      03-19-2018, 10:38 PM   #129
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JibSTir13 View Post
I live in a highly educated area, possibly one of the highest in the nation, and see ass-hat driving daily.
I think the bum ass weather here is just making me say unreasonable stuff. I'll be in California one day...I hope.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 02:00 PM   #130
MessHall
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 grey

I don't know if it's the dark grey color of my M4 or if people are trying to intentionally wreck me, but I have had MULTIPLE idiots pull out in front of me as if I were invisible. I have avoided no less than 10 collisions in the past month that would have totaled my M car.

Defensive driving is an absolute MUST in an M4.
Not an option.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 03:55 PM   #131
BMWM5NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 Monte Carlo Blue M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessHall View Post
I don't know if it's the dark grey color of my M4 or if people are trying to intentionally wreck me, but I have had MULTIPLE idiots pull out in front of me as if I were invisible. I have avoided no less than 10 collisions in the past month that would have totaled my M car.

Defensive driving is an absolute MUST in an M4.
Not an option.
People do that to people in "nice" cars. If your car was a beat up ole truck , they wouldn't do it. Many people like to "bully" nicer cars cause they figure you will care more about your "pretty" car and give way.
      03-22-2018, 04:04 PM   #132
Powerslide
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Quote:

Unfortunately I see this in pretty much every other state as well (I think you have to go outside of the USA to get away from this - not sure if Canada is or is not an exception - I'll let the Canadians answer for themselves...)
Appreciate 0