Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

09-19-2018, 09:02 AM   #1
chii429
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90

Screen Fail/Rebooted - "No Signal"

I was driving my car last week and received a "No Signal" message on my LCD display. At this time, no functions (radio, nav, media, etc) worked and the system rebooted itself. I was not to concerned as ironically was on my way to BMW to replace the rear brake shield as as there was a new update to its design. I let my SA know and he stated he would come back with an update once his mechanic takes a look at it.

9/14-Dropped of Car to BMW
9/15 - Received a call from SA stating that codes for "No Signal" we found and provided to BMW. BMW came back and stated to replace the screen in full.
9/17 - BMW came back to my dealer and stated they are not covering the screen as they think it is a faulty phone causing this.
9/18 - The SA went back and confirmed the phone is a newer Iphone and is demanding BMW cover under warranty

I am still waiting for an update however wanted to see if anyone has experienced this issue and what your thoughts are. Hopefully the issue is resolved quickly.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2018, 01:52 PM   #2
ecf34
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80

This happens to me once every few months. It seems to be a relatively common issue with F3X/F8X cars, and replacing the head unit does not correct the error. I usually just turn the car off fully and wait a few minutes and the problem fixes itself.
Appreciate 0