European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-17-2021, 03:43 AM   #1
kr_miami_f80
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: BMW F80 M3
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Korea

iTrader: (0)

Bootmod3 acn 91 OTS Map Knock Detected

Hi all,

recently i flashing my car bootmod3 91 ACN OTS map.
(because Korea does not have high quality gasoline)
and run the log, but seems knock is detected.

Regarding the below link i attached, you can check my log.

is it normal?

i think this map is flashed in this morning(KST) and just map is adjust my car and engine status. but i want to know about you guys opinion.

Thank you for reading this, and I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Thank you.

https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=60a1...729b0987bca494
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 07:33 AM   #2
TopJimmy
Lieutenant Colonel
TopJimmy's Avatar
United_States
1359
Rep
1,825
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 F80
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Chester County, PA

iTrader: (1)

Your log is difficult to read, please make a short log. Use manual transmission mode and get in 3rd gear at 3000RPM. Start logging. Floor pedal to 100%. Shift into 4th at 6500. Run 4th up to 7100 and then lift pedal. Stop logging.

This two-gear pull will give a good picture of engine performance.

Don't worry too much about 1 knock. After you flash a map the DME needs to re-learn a few things about how you drive. If you want to improve your 91 gas you might add 2 gallons Ethanol to a fill-up, which improves octane.
__________________
'18 F80 Base 6MT | FBOs | Kies Hub | Paul's E85 | Stock Turbos | 7 seconds 60-130
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 08:11 AM   #3
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
13994
Rep
151,501
Posts


Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
Your log is difficult to read, please make a short log. Use manual transmission mode and get in 3rd gear at 3000RPM. Start logging. Floor pedal to 100%. Shift into 4th at 6500. Run 4th up to 7100 and then lift pedal. Stop logging.

This two-gear pull will give a good picture of engine performance.

Don't worry too much about 1 knock. After you flash a map the DME needs to re-learn a few things about how you drive. If you want to improve your 91 gas you might add 2 gallons Ethanol to a fill-up, which improves octane.
+1
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 01:16 AM   #4
Reprosal
Private
Reprosal's Avatar
Canada
20
Rep
96
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M4 Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Esterhazy, SK, Canada

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
Your log is difficult to read, please make a short log. Use manual transmission mode and get in 3rd gear at 3000RPM. Start logging. Floor pedal to 100%. Shift into 4th at 6500. Run 4th up to 7100 and then lift pedal. Stop logging.

This two-gear pull will give a good picture of engine performance.

Don't worry too much about 1 knock. After you flash a map the DME needs to re-learn a few things about how you drive. If you want to improve your 91 gas you might add 2 gallons Ethanol to a fill-up, which improves octane.
The only gas in my area is 91 octane with 'up to 10% ethanol' added. How does this fare vs. 93 octane? I feel restricted to do anymore tunes than a stage 1 without 93 octane..
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 03:50 AM   #5
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
horsepower_and_hounds's Avatar
United_States
1552
Rep
3,993
Posts

Drives: '15 M4 BSM
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte

iTrader: (6)

As jimmy stated works. I personally just do single gear pulls. Also make sure your car is a full operating temp or you will get knock

Do either 3rd gear or 4th gear which ever you have balls for. 4th tends to slip tires less and puts heavy load on engine

4th manual mode, sport plus, TC completely off, roll along at 2k rpm, hit log then pedal to the floor and dont let up until at least 6k rpm. Then read log
__________________
IG: horsepower_and_hounds
'15 M4 BSM DCT CCB, '15 Alfa Romeo 4c coupe "sold", '18 M2 "sold", '15 M4 "totaled", '14 M235 "sold", '09 128i "sold"
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 06:10 AM   #6
TopJimmy
Lieutenant Colonel
TopJimmy's Avatar
United_States
1359
Rep
1,825
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 F80
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Chester County, PA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower_and_hounds View Post
As jimmy stated works. I personally just do single gear pulls. Also make sure your car is a full operating temp or you will get knock

Do either 3rd gear or 4th gear which ever you have balls for. 4th tends to slip tires less and puts heavy load on engine

4th manual mode, sport plus, TC completely off, roll along at 2k rpm, hit log then pedal to the floor and dont let up until at least 6k rpm. Then read log
Yep, I forgot to mention Sport + and DSC fully off (hold 5 sec). Drive around until engine oil, coolant and trans oil are up to temperature.

Many guys have no probs running Stage 2 on 91 fuel.

Just in case...(not!)
Never use octane booster, it coats your engine in orange dust. Bad for o2 sensors long term.
__________________
'18 F80 Base 6MT | FBOs | Kies Hub | Paul's E85 | Stock Turbos | 7 seconds 60-130
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 01:49 PM   #7
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
horsepower_and_hounds's Avatar
United_States
1552
Rep
3,993
Posts

Drives: '15 M4 BSM
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
Yep, I forgot to mention Sport + and DSC fully off (hold 5 sec). Drive around until engine oil, coolant and trans oil are up to temperature.

Many guys have no probs running Stage 2 on 91 fuel.

Just in case...(not!)
Never use octane booster, it coats your engine in orange dust. Bad for o2 sensors long term.
Ah yes...the orange glow
__________________
IG: horsepower_and_hounds
'15 M4 BSM DCT CCB, '15 Alfa Romeo 4c coupe "sold", '18 M2 "sold", '15 M4 "totaled", '14 M235 "sold", '09 128i "sold"
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST