ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

05-16-2021, 12:47 AM   #7415
F8SEVEN
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ilse - 2021 SO 6MT M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Quote:
Another P-Car question. I apologize for another deviation from the G8X slamming. Lol! If I don't opt for gloss black or silver window trim, what is the OEM option?!? Rubber?
I googled it

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1180...ior-992-a.html

I have no clue what this is. It's the first time I have seen it personally.
I was more referring to the exterior window trim around the outside of the windows.
Good one...with a video and direction to point in video to see...

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1228...oss-black.html
Appreciate 1
Arcades4332.00

05-16-2021, 12:54 AM   #7416
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Porsche Carrera S (soon!)

Quote:
Quote:
I was more referring to the exterior window trim around the outside of the windows.
It should be the blinding white sliver thing. Not the darker, matte like silver that you can option for.

Edit: Chrome! Sorry my brain is slightly lagging atm~
So if it's already chrome, what's the silver option?

Never mind, I'll check the linked thread.
Appreciate 1
Arcades4332.00

05-16-2021, 05:49 AM   #7417
Arcades
Lup's Kid
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 18' Grigio Medio F80

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It should be the blinding white sliver thing. Not the darker, matte like silver that you can option for.

Sorry, my brain is lagging from recovering from my Moderna shot (sick lol)

It's Black. A matte like Black is standard. You can change to Gloss Black or Silver for the exterior window trim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
You're making babies for me!
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan10474.50

05-16-2021, 06:29 AM   #7418
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4cs

Garage List
2019 BMW M4cs  [0.00]
2018 Audi RS3  [0.00]
Quote:
Another P-Car question. I apologize for another deviation from the G8X slamming. Lol! If I don't opt for gloss black or silver window trim, what is the OEM option?!? Rubber?
From what I gather, it is the same options an BMW:
  • Flat black (base trim)
  • Gloss Black
  • Silver
Sedan_Clan10474.50

05-16-2021, 10:44 AM   #7419
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry, my brain is lagging from recovering from my Moderna shot (sick lol)

It's Black. A matte like Black is standard. You can change to Gloss Black or Silver for the exterior window trim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Quote:
From what I gather, it is the same options an BMW:
  • Flat black (base trim)
  • Gloss Black
  • Silver
Thanks fellas. I opted to stick with the base trim. One thing I've noticed is the small leather details really appeal to me, so I've added the leather wrapped steering column and the leather wrapped area by the rear view mirror (..with the matching Chalk deviated stitching like the doors and seats). I figure since I'm going to keep this car, I might as well build it in a way that's going to keep me satisfied over the long term. I'm going to Walter's Porsche in Riverside today to check out a 4S they have that is optioned pretty well. I'm hoping to find a car with a Race-Tex steering wheel somewhere as that's the last option I have on my build that I still have a question about.

I have attached photos of the leather wrapped areas I mentioned. I also attached a photo of the mirrors completely body colored. What do you guys think? Currently my build (.. PNH65SW3) has the upper/lower portions in body color, but the base in gloss black.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
irunalot602.00
minn199013.50

05-16-2021, 12:58 PM   #7420
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
I have attached photos of the leather wrapped areas I mentioned. I also attached a photo of the mirrors completely body colored. What do you guys think? Currently my build (.. PNH65SW3) has the upper/lower portions in body color, but the base in gloss black.
Looks smart with those painted mirrors. I would do Window Trim in High Gloss Black + Exterior Mirror Lower Trim and Base in Exterior Color.

Not sure if the leather mirror panel is worth the money, considering it's pretty hidden up there. Steering column in leather makes more sense since the dash is also wrapped in leather, and it's right in front of your eyes.

05-16-2021, 07:01 PM   #7421
Arcades
Lup's Kid
Taiwan
Rep

Garage List
I hate the chip shortage.

Quote:
Appreciate 7
irunalot602.00
minn199013.50
stein_325i13829.00
Sedan_Clan10474.50
GrussGott13627.00

05-16-2021, 11:08 PM   #7422
AlterZgo
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 6MT, 2010 535i 6MT

Quote:
Thanks fellas. I opted to stick with the base trim. One thing I've noticed is the small leather details really appeal to me, so I've added the leather wrapped steering column and the leather wrapped area by the rear view mirror
Speaking of small leather options... don't forget the passengers side cup holder. That thing comes in plastic stock, but for $390 you can get "passenger cupholder trim in leather." I left it off my build b/c I didn't notice it at all in any of the 992s I test drove and checked out.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan10474.50
irunalot602.00

05-17-2021, 12:44 AM   #7423
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterZgo View Post
Quote:
Thanks fellas. I opted to stick with the base trim. One thing I've noticed is the small leather details really appeal to me, so I've added the leather wrapped steering column and the leather wrapped area by the rear view mirror
Speaking of small leather options... don't forget the passengers side cup holder. That thing comes in plastic stock, but for $390 you can get "passenger cupholder trim in leather." I left it off my build b/c I didn't notice it at all in any of the 992s I test drove and checked out.
I checked it out today and all of the 2021's seem to have it plastic, but for 2022 the build says it comes leather wrapped when you opt for the leather interior. Apparently it just covers the small portion that's visible, but the $390 will get you the entire assembly in leather.
Appreciate 1
irunalot602.00

05-17-2021, 01:10 AM   #7424
Arcades
Lup's Kid
Taiwan
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I checked it out today and all of the 2021's seem to have it plastic, but for 2022 the build says it comes leather wrapped when you opt for the leather interior. Apparently it just covers the small portion that's visible, but the $390 will get you the entire assembly in leather.
If you optioned deviated stitching, it will be in deviated stitching too.

Quote:
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan10474.50
irunalot602.00

05-17-2021, 01:30 AM   #7425
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If you optioned deviated stitching, it will be in deviated stitching too.
I went with Chalk deviated stitching.

Today I looked at two 2021 992 Carrera S's. One in Lava Orange (?) and the other in Chalk. The Lava Orange was a dealer demo car that was actually for sale while the Chalk was an ordered car tucked away in their service bay. The Chalk car had SPASM and I didn't notice any discernible difference between it and the PASM-only equipped Lava Orange car. I ended up removing SPASM from my build after seeing the two cars. I also removed unlimited Apple CarPlay after playing around with it in my Corolla.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Arcades4332.00
GrussGott13627.00

05-17-2021, 01:46 AM   #7426
Arcades
Lup's Kid
Taiwan
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Today I looked at two 2021 992 Carrera S's. One in Lava Orange (?) and the other in Chalk. The Lava Orange was a dealer demo car that was actually for sale while the Chalk was an ordered car tucked away in their service bay. The Chalk car had SPASM and I didn't notice any discernible difference between it and the PASM-only equipped Lava Orange car. I ended up removing SPASM from my build after seeing the two cars. I also removed unlimited Apple CarPlay after playing around with it in my Corolla.
As my best friend said, you can never go wrong with Chalk.

Quote:
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan10474.50

05-17-2021, 01:50 AM   #7427
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

As my best friend said, you can never go wrong with Chalk.
One thing is certain, it's a color that I fail to photograph well. My photos do the color no justice.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 01:56 AM   #7428
Arcades
Lup's Kid
Taiwan
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
One thing is certain, it's a color that I fail to photograph well. My photos do the color no justice.
Yeah it is hard to capture in certain lighting. Next to my Medio it looks soo light but next to an actual white car it looks dark lol.

It reminds me of Fashion Grey but seems a tad shade lighter but probably can't tell the difference most of the time.

Quote:
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan10474.50

05-17-2021, 02:02 AM   #7429
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah it is hard to capture in certain lighting. Next to my Medio it looks soo light but next to an actual white car it looks dark lol.

It reminds me of Fashion Grey but seems a tad shade lighter but probably can't tell the difference most of the time.
I think the comparison to Fashion Gray is appropriate. I really like FG a lot.
Appreciate 1
Arcades4332.00

05-17-2021, 02:38 AM   #7430
Arcades
Lup's Kid
Taiwan
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Now that I am randomly thinking about it...

I want to throw a Lime Rock Grey next to Chalk/Crayon and see.

Quote:
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan10474.50

05-17-2021, 02:50 AM   #7431
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Now that I am randomly thinking about it...

I want to throw a Lime Rock Grey next to Chalk/Crayon and see.
I didn't like the metallic of LRG. I parked my Nardo next to one and preferred the Nardo color palette.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 05:24 AM   #7432
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M4cs  [0.00]
2018 Audi RS3  [0.00]
Quote:

You should make your decision on SPASM on how you want the car to drive, not how it looks.
Sedan_Clan10474.50
minn199013.50
alex23641411.50
Thescout133725.50

05-17-2021, 06:51 AM   #7433
PhatLyfe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 AW/SO ZCP

I most definitely will not no longer spending my money on a company who can't take comments heartedly , next stop Tesla, don't even care how the egg looks, they don't their shit bat shit crazy like these Germans. I really do see the new G's really flying of the shelves that I've yet to see on on the road with the buck toothed grill or the new owners come out at night so they can save their own embarrassment.

I was really thinking of upgrading to the M5c in the next few years as my wife will take my M4 F83 and I will upgrade to Tesla Model S Plaid Plus now after being banned in the G securing, the news section and general thoughts ( off topic ) section. Not much left but to hang with the besting is the F forums.

Thank you all for still having me around or till I get banned here too as they call it Natural selection in these forums to get banned or boned by a moderator.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott13627.00

05-17-2021, 08:34 AM   #7434
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

You should make your decision on SPASM on how you want the car to drive, not how it looks.
I agree completely, but without many/any options to drive.....and thus, no point of reference, it's hard to really decide which direction is best with regards to SPASM. The 911 I drove weeks ago was a 991.2 without SPASM and the Lava Orange 992 didn't have SPASM either. I loved the way the 991.2 drove, so that's my only reference point. My connect has an AeroKitted base 992 without SPASM, so the only thing his car was good for was confirming that, A) I love the AeroKit, B) the base interior is unsatisfactory and C) the base stereo was sufficient......at the time. I heard the BOSE stereo in the Lava Orange car yesterday and immediately came home, ditched the Sport Design side skirts and optioned the BOSE.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 09:30 AM   #7435
kyrix1st
Lieutenant Colonel
Japan
Rep
Drives: M3 Euro,E92M3 MT&DCT,M4ZCP

Garage List
2004 BMW Z4  [0.00]
Quote:
If one has ever driven older P cars with M030, he or she would know not to spec in any other way than sport suspension. Looks flush as well.

05-17-2021, 09:31 AM   #7436
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M4cs  [0.00]
2018 Audi RS3  [0.00]
Quote:
I agree completely, but without many/any options to drive.....and thus, no point of reference, it's hard to really decide which direction is best with regards to SPASM. The 911 I drove weeks ago was a 991.2 without SPASM and the Lava Orange 992 didn't have SPASM either. I loved the way the 991.2 drove, so that's my only reference point. My connect has an AeroKitted base 992 without SPASM, so the only thing his car was good for was confirming that, A) I love the AeroKit, B) the base interior is unsatisfactory and C) the base stereo was sufficient......at the time. I heard the BOSE stereo in the Lava Orange car yesterday and immediately came home, ditched the Sport Design side skirts and optioned the BOSE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrix1st View Post
If one has ever driven older P cars with M030, he or she would know not to spec in any other way than sport suspension. Looks flush as well.
Regarding base PASM vs Sport-PASM, having driven both, I personally don't believe there is a bad choice per se, it is really about the intended use. For a weekend canyon carver or a car that will see the track more often than not, then S-PASM is likely the better choice. For daily driver or a road trip car, the base PASM is probably the better choice.

Last edited by CanAutM3; 05-17-2021 at 09:38 AM..
Appreciate 2
irunalot602.00
minn199013.50