Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

04-29-2021, 06:01 AM   #1
7smurfs
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

F80 M3 CS owners? Last minute advice needed!

I'm about to purchase a M3 CS tomorrow morning after spending about 2-3 hours talking price and deciding.

As some may have seen in my previous thread, I was dead set on a manual transmission, however, the dealer offer for my Porsche Cayman was too good and the rarity of the CS got me. The CS will be a daily driver, so many kms will be put on it!

Looking to get an understanding of opinions and thoughts on the F80 M3 CS and anything I should look out for before bring my bank cheque tomorrow morning.

I am to be honest around 70% happy with the car, however, see this car as a stepping stone (allows for future kids and driving friends and family around) for my dream car which I plan to keep for a long time, the Porsche 911.2 T

Also, any stats on how many F80 M3 CS came to Aus?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 06:37 AM   #2
clutchdj
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a few cars

Tires should all be the same besides size. Make sure your wheels are orbit grey and do NOT have “mperformance” etched on them. Check exhaust tips for CS etching. Check under side skirts for holes (previous mods). Check under front lip for cracking. Look at the coolers in the front bumper. Check for excessive pitting in them from road or track debris. Sometime it helps tell the story about the car. Stand back 15ft and look at the rear of the car eye level. Thumb Push the 4 corners where the bumpers meet the fenders. Should be rigid unless it was hit/adjusted/molested. Check under oil cap for any milky residue (ignition off). Check hood vent, make sure all clips are in place and not broken. Check seat bolster and all touch points. Without getting underneath the car, that’s about it.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 07:20 AM   #3
7smurfs
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchdj View Post
Tires should all be the same besides size. Make sure your wheels are orbit grey and do NOT have “mperformance” etched on them. Check exhaust tips for CS etching. Check under side skirts for holes (previous mods). Check under front lip for cracking. Look at the coolers in the front bumper. Check for excessive pitting in them from road or track debris. Sometime it helps tell the story about the car. Stand back 15ft and look at the rear of the car eye level. Thumb Push the 4 corners where the bumpers meet the fenders. Should be rigid unless it was hit/adjusted/molested. Check under oil cap for any milky residue (ignition off). Check hood vent, make sure all clips are in place and not broken. Check seat bolster and all touch points. Without getting underneath the car, that’s about it.
Thanks clutchdj for the comprehensive list - much appreciated!!

Also was wireless carplay standard on these cars? If not, can it be retrofitted?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 08:40 AM   #4
Uksa007
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Competition

Garage List
Why a CS, for a daily driver IMHO there is a lot of compromises with the CS, no: centre armrest and rear AC vents for the kids, basic AC controls,no Comfort access, no surround view cameras.

Surely there is a Competition model you can find for a good price?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 09:40 AM   #5
7smurfs
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uksa007 View Post
Why a CS, for a daily driver IMHO there is a lot of compromises with the CS, no: centre armrest and rear AC vents for the kids, basic AC controls,no Comfort access, no surround view cameras.

Surely there is a Competition model you can find for a good price?
Good point - it is around a 25k price difference between a 2018 competition and CS at the moment, and am not entirely sure whether it is justified.

I am a more driver focused type of driver so was thinking that the CS would fit the bill better than the standard competition (haven’t test driven a competition).
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 11:53 AM   #6
clutchdj
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a few cars

You won’t loose money on the CS it already went through it’s depreciation wave. It has less luxury features compared to an M3 Comp, but that’s just on paper and more of a conversation than anything. CS owners don’t complain about the lack of them. I have long arms & don’t care for the armrest either. I’ve owned a base, Comp and now a CS. CS is a little more special if you specifically want a DCT.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 07:29 PM   #7
Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir M4

Get it. You won't regret it and I also have owned every single version of the F80 and it looks fantastic.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 10:23 PM   #8
7smurfs
Captain
Australia
Rep

Thanks guys! Ended up buying it!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Andrae26852.00