Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

11-07-2018, 11:02 AM   #23
RSXDC5
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nars3000 View Post
I've been keeping an eye on these tires since its debut a few months ago. Apparently the Bridgestone S007 are OE tires for Ferrari F12 and California T, while the S007a variant is more for higher end euro cars.

Performance is supposed to be better than PSS and on par or better than Conti ECS. They're definitely high on the list for my next set of tires. Great pricing and excellent tire size selection.
Great street tires so far. I run a 295/305 stagger. They will overheat in about 10-12min on track then lose grip and get greasy.
Appreciate 1
      03-08-2019, 07:23 PM   #24
CRRobert
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 Avus Blue ZCP M3

Any updates from those that have done a HDPE/track day?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 07:49 PM   #25
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Scraper

I've had my set for a little over a month now.

Front: 265/35/19 on 19x9.5 ET18
Rear: 305/30/19 on 19x11 ET38

I've had absolutely zero rubbing at full load with 4 passengers, and a trunk full of cargo.

No plans in taking them to HPDE since these tires are not meant to withstand that kind of abuse. Although, I am planning on testing them at an AutoX event sometime this season.

Initial wet and dry grip have been very impressive with the S007a. It's been raining a lot here in the SF Bay Area, and they seem to maintain grip pretty well. The tires are pretty quiet, as well, with noo humming noise like the ones you hear from a true R compound tire.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 09:20 PM   #26
Pyrat 2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Rapidly from A to B

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRRobert View Post
Any updates from those that have done a HDPE/track day?
Sorry for the delay. I mentioned earlier in the thread that I would repost after my weekend at Road Atlanta last year.

My frame of reference was the RE71Rs since I have run those on my M2 since it was new. As mentioned earlier the S-007s are much more street friendly than the RE-71Rs. Much quieter and smoother. Very good in the rain too although I can't say that they are better or worse than the 71s. On the track I had a really hard time with them. I run Performance Friction 08s and these pads were just overwhelming the tires. I was having difficulty modulating the brakes and keeping ABS from kicking in. A difficult situation to say the least. Maybe a less aggressive pad would help. Keep in mind that I didnt have this issue with these pads and the 71Rs. The cornering grip was OK but again nowhere near the 71Rs. My go-to tire used to be the RE11 since it was very good, not great, on the track and outstanding on the street. Quiet too. In my view better than MPSS in that it was more aggressive on the track. The tradeoff over the MPSS was tire wear.

I haven't tried the MPSS2 and hear they are good. At this stage I would recommend the 71Rs over the 07s if you are looking for a better track tire at the expense of street noise and tire wear. If you are looking for something more biased for the street then I would go for the MPSS2 under the assumption that they are better than the MPSS.

Bottom line is I wouldn't recommend the 07s and I won't buy them again.
Appreciate 1
dim635csi203.00
      05-10-2021, 06:19 AM   #27
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrat 2 View Post
Sorry for the delay. I mentioned earlier in the thread that I would repost after my weekend at Road Atlanta last year.

My frame of reference was the RE71Rs since I have run those on my M2 since it was new. As mentioned earlier the S-007s are much more street friendly than the RE-71Rs. Much quieter and smoother. Very good in the rain too although I can't say that they are better or worse than the 71s. On the track I had a really hard time with them. I run Performance Friction 08s and these pads were just overwhelming the tires. I was having difficulty modulating the brakes and keeping ABS from kicking in. A difficult situation to say the least. Maybe a less aggressive pad would help. Keep in mind that I didnt have this issue with these pads and the 71Rs. The cornering grip was OK but again nowhere near the 71Rs. My go-to tire used to be the RE11 since it was very good, not great, on the track and outstanding on the street. Quiet too. In my view better than MPSS in that it was more aggressive on the track. The tradeoff over the MPSS was tire wear.

I haven't tried the MPSS2 and hear they are good. At this stage I would recommend the 71Rs over the 07s if you are looking for a better track tire at the expense of street noise and tire wear. If you are looking for something more biased for the street then I would go for the MPSS2 under the assumption that they are better than the MPSS.

That's disappointing.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 12:37 PM   #28
RSXDC5
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo08816 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrat 2 View Post

That's disappointing.
I would not buy them again either. A PS4S is a much better tire.