EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

11-16-2020, 10:40 PM   #243
ra2289
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '16 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Magstick on the trim which is magnetized. Wireless charger connects to the Magstick (has a fan built in).

iPhone 11
Looked at their site, I really like this mount. Thanks for sharing.
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2020, 12:02 AM   #244
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Yeah I ordered their case for the iPhone 12 as well as their wallet and car mount.

The mount and wallet will be here tomorrow and the case is supposed to ship at the end of Nov.
Appreciate 2
      11-17-2020, 03:51 AM   #245
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra2289 View Post
Quote:
Magstick on the trim which is magnetized. Wireless charger connects to the Magstick (has a fan built in).

iPhone 11
No problem. I've always liked having some sort of magnetized setup (metal plate behind the phone in the case etc etc...). This is next level. It's nice to just get in the car and bam phone is connected and charging.
Appreciate 1
ra2289302.00
      11-17-2020, 11:51 AM   #246
ra2289
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

iPhone 11
No problem. I've always liked having some sort of magnetized setup (metal plate behind the phone in the case etc etc...). This is next level. It's nice to just get in the car and bam phone is connected and charging.
Yeah it's nice and clean. Pretty much what I've been looking for.

Did you route your charger wires under/between any of the panels? Couldn't tell from the picture.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 11:53 AM   #247
ra2289
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
Yeah I ordered their case for the iPhone 12 as well as their wallet and car mount.

The mount and wallet will be here tomorrow and the case is supposed to ship at the end of Nov.
I'll be going the same route, buying basically everything haha.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 03:17 PM   #248
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

iPhone 11

Did you route your charger wires under/between any of the panels? Couldn't tell from the picture.
I didn't but I bought a short cable with a 90% angle on it and shit canned their long ass cable. I'm running it above the "ash tray" door. It's pretty much out of site and a perfect size with no extra length to deal with.

If I can find the Amazon link in our purchase history I'll post it for you.

Here it is

UGREEN USB C Right Angle Cable 90... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PFHB3R4...p_mob_ap_share
Appreciate 1
ra2289302.00
      11-18-2020, 10:31 PM   #249
ONEof500
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 30 Jahre

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

iPhone 11

I didn't but I bought a short cable with a 90% angle on it and shit canned their long ass cable. I'm running it above the "ash tray" door. It's pretty much out of site and a perfect size with no extra length to deal with.

Here it is

UGREEN USB C Right Angle Cable 90... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PFHB3R4...p_mob_ap_share
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

iPhone 11

Here it is

Will the 3M adhesive damage the trim if you remove the mounting bar?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2020, 12:37 AM   #250
JagR2611
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
I have been using a ProClips console mount (part # 833597) on my 335i for several years, and it is exactly what I like.

Unfortunately, ProClips does not have a custom mount for the M4 coupe yet, or for the 435i for that matter. My two choices if I stay with ProClips are either a vent mount (that partially covers one of the air vents), or a universal adjustable center console mount (not sure it would fit properly).

Has anyone used either of these mounts, and are you, or were you, pleased with them? Does anyone have an other mount suggestions, perhaps from a different company?
Rennline
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2020, 02:37 AM   #251
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEof500 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

iPhone 11

Here it is

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

iPhone 11

Here it is

Will the 3M adhesive damage the trim if you remove the mounting bar?
I haven't taken it off but I don't think so. Worse case you might just have to use a little cleaner on the area. I've never had 3M ruin anything so it didn't bother me too much putting it on the trim.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2020, 04:06 AM   #252
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
I haven't taken it off but I don't think so. Worse case you might just have to use a little cleaner on the area. I've never had 3M ruin anything so it didn't bother me too much putting it on the trim.
How heavy does the phone get with the case?

As a few mentioned the 12 Pro is heavier. I'm a bit iffy on making my 12 Pro heavier lol
      11-19-2020, 05:37 AM   #253
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Quote:
How heavy does the phone get with the case?

As a few mentioned the 12 Pro is heavier. I'm a bit iffy on making my 12 Pro heavier lol
I don't think this case is any heavier than any of the other cases I've used over the years. I really like this setup.
Appreciate 1
Arcades8136.50
      11-30-2020, 08:20 PM   #254
Tommy L Garage
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 YMB M3 6MT CP EP VP

My latest invention for the 12 pro max
Works so well!!

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 04:03 PM   #255
///Mongo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Coupe

I picked up the Belkin Car Vent Mount PRO with MagSafe for my 12 Pro Max and it works great
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 04:09 PM   #256
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Got confirmation that they finally shipped out my case yesterday so we’ll see how it goes.

I still have my Scoshe mount adhered to the console. Depending on how this goes, I may hack it up to mount the Magbak mount.
Appreciate 1
ra2289302.00
      12-03-2020, 05:03 PM   #257
ra2289
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Got confirmation that they finally shipped out my case yesterday so we’ll see how it goes.

I still have my Scoshe mount adhered to the console. Depending on how this goes, I may hack it up to mount the Magbak mount.
The mount, phone case (iPhone X), and shorter cable all arrived today. I plan to mount it similar to ///M4ster Yoda.

Ordered it on 11/30 but paid for faster shipping.
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2020, 05:17 PM   #258
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
The mount, phone case (iPhone X), and shorter cable all arrived today. I plan to mount it similar to ///M4ster Yoda.

Ah... I have the iPhone 12 Pro which is why my case just shipped. They specifically stated on their order page that these specific cases wouldn't ship until end of Nov.
I've had my Magbak wallet and mount sitting around for a couple of weeks because I can't do squat without that case lol.

Let us know how it goes
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 08:49 PM   #259
ra2289
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Ah... I have the iPhone 12 Pro which is why my case just shipped. They specifically stated on their order page that these specific cases wouldn't ship until end of Nov.
I've had my Magbak wallet and mount sitting around for a couple of weeks because I can't do squat without that case lol.

Let us know how it goes
Gotcha, makes sense.

Installed the mag strip and charger without issue. Looks pretty much identical to ///M4ster Yoda's setup. Haven't driven the car yet but it feels pretty secure via super scientific jiggle test. I have a Pitaka magnetic phone case and it does not feel as secure as the Magbak case FWIW.

We'll see how it fares over time.
Appreciate 1
      12-05-2020, 03:43 PM   #260
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep

Got my Magbak case today.
Wallet feels secure. I have 6 cards and my DL in there. Also had cash folded in there but wife took it all last night to buy lottery lol. Cards are snug and getting cash out is not easy. Sticks well to the case though.
Name:  8EA873E4-3267-4E13-923D-EAA7E5B0991B.jpeg
Views: 2105
Size:  58.3 KB

Case is well designed. Feels better than the clear case from Apple but obviously lost the transparency of the Apple case so can’t show off the blue metal.

Didn’t like that I had to put this on top of my Scoshe mount because I’m basically wasting a mount but until I find another way of mounting it while being able to rotate and swivel, it’ll just need to do.
Name:  6795A7E7-830F-486C-80A1-DF0865C5A6DC.jpeg
Views: 1905
Size:  81.4 KB

Placing it on the Magbak charger base and taking it off is intuitively easy... unless you’re one of those people that can’t aim into your toilet, you also might have an issue placing this on the charger base.
Name:  01076E2F-8B33-47BA-A30C-4BBD6E099281.jpeg
Views: 1929
Size:  255.5 KB

Thanks ///M4ster Yoda for the recommendation
Appreciate 2
      12-05-2020, 03:52 PM   #261
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Got my Magbak case today.
Wallet feels secure. I have 6 cards and my DL in there. Also had cash folded in there but wife took it all last night to buy lottery lol. Cards are snug and getting cash out is not easy. Sticks well to the case though.
Attachment 2476442

Case is well designed. Feels better than the clear case from Apple but obviously lost the transparency of the Apple case so can’t show off the blue metal.

Didn’t like that I had to put this on top of my Scoshe mount because I’m basically wasting a mount but until I find another way of mounting it while being able to rotate and swivel, it’ll just need to do.
Attachment 2476443

Placing it on the Magbak charger base and taking it off is intuitively easy... unless you’re one of those people that can’t aim into your toilet, you also might have an issue placing this on the charger base.
Attachment 2476444

Thanks ///M4ster Yoda for the recommendation
No worries man. Enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 06:09 PM   #262
Rockshaker
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3, MG 318i 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy L Garage View Post
Works so well!!

[img]https://i.ibb.co/6FGNfvG/80-DC1-F9-D...-C6011-B67.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.ibb.co/27D9cn8/8266-EEDB-0...E371-E1-B2.jpg[/img]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy L Garage View Post
Works so well!!

[img]https://i.ibb.co/6FGNfvG/80-DC1-F9-D...-C6011-B67.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.ibb.co/27D9cn8/8266-EEDB-0...E371-E1-B2.jpg[/img]
Tommy L thanks for the idea. I used your method with the MagSafe charger & bracket you listed on your video. I added black tint to complete the look. I also added the Otterbox Defender Pro XT MagSafe case. My phone stays planted on the mount!

I updated my mag safe charger/mount look.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Kilabyte3942.00
      01-31-2021, 09:15 AM   #263
EricP3
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 X3M Comp

Figured I would add mine for people who don't use a mount that frequently and don't want it to be permanent. I have used these for a few years now and they work pretty well. Not as stable/solid as other mounts obviously but they get the job done when needed and they blend in very well when not being used.

Kenu Airframe https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LU5LWQK...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Images

02-09-2021, 12:23 AM   #264
sna66
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83

too many wires sticking out and little bits and pieces randomly stuck wherever -ruins the interior design, my ocd could not survive 2 minutes with any of this. Iphone remains in my pocket and carplay does what I need.
Appreciate 0