Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

01-16-2019, 08:36 AM   #23
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIKDF80 View Post
Pretty sure he was busy with vice, gang and other details along with solving murders for about 16 years of his career.

Quote:
He simply said he had better things to do than to hassle people for stupid, meaningless shit. He worked different units so he wasn't a motor cop for all that long but his point still stands. He can't stand motor cops.
1 day or 16 years.

Cops and judges shouldn’t make the law. That’s not their job.

Their job is to enforce the law.

And then the PEOPLE have the vote to put elect people to do their will when it comes to making laws.
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2019, 08:53 AM   #24
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
Pretty sure he was busy with vice, gang and other details along with solving murders for about 16 years of his career.

Quote:
He simply said he had better things to do than to hassle people for stupid, meaningless shit. He worked different units so he wasn't a motor cop for all that long but his point still stands. He can't stand motor cops.
1 day or 16 years.

Cops and judges shouldn't make the law. That's not their job.

And then the PEOPLE have the vote to put elect people to do their will when it comes to making laws.
They also have desecration on how they handle each case. I'm sure in your life people have bent/broken the rules in your favor. They are not mindless robots subservient to all of the domestic terrorist laws put in place. Being on the civil service team you find most cops are given objectives at roll call many to their disliking. Arbitrary speed limits for example, if there have been recks and numerous collisions then by all means hand tickets out like a McDonalds drive thru but don't ticket people in a speed trap
      01-16-2019, 08:57 AM   #25
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
1 day or 16 years.

Cops and judges shouldn't make the law. That's not their job.

They also have desecration on how they handle each case. I'm sure in your life people have bent/broken the rules in your favor. They are not mindless robots subservient to all of the domestic terrorist laws put in place. Being on the civil service team you find most cops are given objectives at roll call many to their disliking. Arbitrary speed limits for example, if there have been recks and numerous collisions then by all means hand tickets out like a McDonalds drive thru but don't ticket people in a speed trap
There is a difference in discretion and only handing out 1 ticket in 16 years because of the leo’s opinion of the laws.

That’s not discretion.

That’s failure to do their job.
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2019, 09:05 AM   #26
PshhhhhMW
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 Alpine White M550i

Has anyone on the forum gotten a ticket for this yet? I'm imagining/hoping they're harassing the domestics more ie: hellcats, demons, mustang's and Camaros. The one video I saw at a car meet had the cops targetting mostly modified Japanese cars with fart cans.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 04:17 PM   #27
WIKDF80
Totaled
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP

Quote:
There is a difference in discretion and only handing out 1 ticket in 16 years because of the leo’s opinion of the laws.

That’s not discretion.

That’s failure to do their job.
It was one ticket in 33 years. 16+ years were spent doing jobs that didn't require a ticket book. And it most certainly is discretion.

Just like letting the drug dealer go only to have him come back later with some pertinent info on a local murder that helped solve that case. Writing someone a ticket for every little thing isn't doing your job. It's just worthless revenue collection for "laws" that shouldn't be on the books in the first place.

There's give and take. It's not all black and white.

You always drive the speed limit? If not... and I don't anyone that does 100% of the time, have you turned yourself in and admitted to not following the "law"? I doubt it.
      01-16-2019, 04:22 PM   #28
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It was one ticket in 33 years. 16+ years were spent doing jobs that didn't require a ticket book. And it most certainly is discretion.

Just like letting the drug dealer go only to have him come back later with some pertinent info on a local murder that helped solve that case. Writing someone a ticket for every little thing isn't doing your job. It's just worthless revenue collection for "laws" that shouldn't be on the books in the first place.

You always drive the speed limit? If not... and I don't anyone that does 100% of the time, have you turned yourself in and admitted to not following the "law"? I doubt it.
I get it.

He was a giant waste of taxpayer’s money choosing not to follow laws he unilaterally decided not to enforce.

He was a shitty government employee who should have been fired.

Again, as more get riled by the laws after BS tickets, perhaps they will get involved enough to vote in State Legislators who clean up a bunch of the BS laws.

By only enforcing SELECTIVELY, they will remain on the books and escalate to more onerous laws, such as the case here.

BTW, only a DA has the right to dismiss charges in exchange for flipping.

So again, your friend was a power hungry waste of tax dollars who wanted more power than he job allowed.
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2019, 04:26 PM   #29
WIKDF80
Totaled
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PshhhhhMW View Post
Has anyone on the forum gotten a ticket for this yet?
Nope
      01-16-2019, 04:29 PM   #30
WIKDF80
Totaled
Rep

Quote:
I get it.

He was a giant waste of taxpayer’s money choosing not to follow laws he unilaterally decided not to enforce.

Again, as more get riled by the laws after BS tickets, perhaps they will get involved enough to vote in State Legislators who clean up a bunch of the BS laws.

By only enforcing SELECTIVELY, they will remain on the books and escalate to more onerous laws, such as the case here.

So again, your friend was a power hungry waste of tax dollars who wanted more power than he job allowed.
So.... has ignorance always been a virtue for you or... are you just a dickhead for the sake of being a dickhead?
      01-16-2019, 04:31 PM   #31
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So.... has ignorance always been a virtue for you or... are you just a dickhead for the sake of being a dickhead?
Obviously, as seen from your choice of friends, it’s your ignorance that is called into question.

Keep doing status quo. That’s the sure way to change stupid laws
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 05:21 PM   #32
WIKDF80
Totaled
Rep

Quote:
Obviously, as seen from your choice of friends, it’s your ignorance that is called into question.

Keep doing status quo. That’s the sure way to change stupid laws
I think you should become a cop and change the world bro! You seem to have it all figured out. You must be legendary among your people.
      01-16-2019, 05:36 PM   #33
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think you should become a cop and change the world bro! You seem to have it all figured out. You must be legendary among your people.
And that shows your ignorance.

No matter what you think about the Brett Kavanaugh circus last year, you should have paid attention to what he testified to when questioned by a liberal Senator.

He believed in the firm separation of powers spelled out in the Constitution.

He stated that the Judical Bench should never make the laws. That falls entirely in the purview of the Legislature elected by THE PEOPLE.

Your friend decided he wanted to play legislator, officer and judge. In other words, he ignored the Constitution and decided to play King.

A poor excuse of a public servant.

Again, if he DID HIS JOB, people would not put up with some of the shit laws in California as they would elect Representatives who followed the will of the people.

The way the laws and Constitution are supposed to work in a Republic and Democracy.

Another thing is sure. Just ignoring and doing nothing changes nothing. That’s what your friend did.
Appreciate 2
      01-16-2019, 06:50 PM   #34
WIKDF80
Totaled
Rep

Quote:
And that shows your ignorance.

No matter what you think about the Brett Kavanaugh circus last year, you should have paid attention to what he testified to when questioned by a liberal Senator.

He believed in the firm separation of powers spelled out in the Constitution.

He stated that the Judical Bench should never make the laws. That falls entirely in the purview of the Legislature elected by THE PEOPLE.

Your friend decided he wanted to play legislator, officer and judge. In other words, he ignored the Constitution and decided to play King.

A poor excuse of a public servant.

Again, if he DID HIS JOB, people would not put up with some of the shit laws in California as they would elect Representatives who followed the will of the people.

The way the laws and Constitution are supposed to work in a Republic and Democracy.

Another thing is sure. Just ignoring and doing nothing changes nothing. That’s what your friend did.
Cool story. Whatever helps you sleep at night bro.
HSF87ZED228.00
      01-17-2019, 07:28 AM   #35
UltraMagneticAL
Meh
Rep
Drives: M3CS & Cayman S

Garage List
2019 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
if you got mpe from factory, keep the window sticker in your glove box to show the cop if you get pulled over
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 07:37 AM   #36
moonshine89
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 ZCP

I feel like the dark knight theme music should be playing in the background with some of these posts.

Anyway. The original point of this thread was for me to get an idea if being stock was gonna get me a ticket. Doesn't seem like many have. But it's still early in the year....
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 10:31 AM   #37
overlook637
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
For any cop to actually give a ticket for this only shows what kind of cop they are to begin with. First of all, cops should issue warnings instead of citations for minor bs that people shouldn't be stopped for in the first place.

I have tinted windows and no front plate. On all 3 of my cars. The only person to actually stop me for any and all the above was a CHP. The worst of the worst when it comes to pointless revenue collection. That and bucketheads for whatever reason.

My business partner is a retired LAPD of 33 years. How many tickets has he written over the course of his career?

Warnings are near worthless to most people. If your business partner worked 33 years and only issued 1 ticket then he didn't work much. At least 1 out of 100 cars stopped is a drunk driver. At least 1 out of 100 would have a suspended license or cancelled insurance. No way was he a motorman and only issued one ticket. Most motormen average 100 tickets a month or about 5 tickets per 8hour shift. If you can't find 5 tickets in 8hours of work then the officer is not paying attention. I can view 5 texting drivers on my commute to and from work.
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4487.00
      01-17-2019, 10:34 AM   #38
overlook637
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I get it.

Or he was just lazy.
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4487.00
      01-17-2019, 04:17 PM   #39
WIKDF80
Totaled
Rep

You guys can make assumptions and circle jerk each other all you want. I feel like I'm watching the Oscars.
      01-17-2019, 04:51 PM   #40
Racer20
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, 228i THP, E46 ZHP

Quote:
Quote:

I get it.

He was a giant waste of taxpayer's money choosing not to follow laws he unilaterally decided not to enforce.

No. Laws like this are written so that law enforcement has a way to go after egregious offenders. It's completely necessary to leave some situations up to the discretion of the officers.

Zero tolerance means zero thinking, and this is why we now have kids being handcuffed on school for making a fuck get gesture that looks like a gun. In the real world, it's literally impossible to enforce the law robotically and equally in every case. Cities don't have the resources to do so and our courts would backlogged for years. Punishing the M3 owner who is at 96dB exactly the same as the kid who is at 110dB at 4am in his parents neighborhood is asinine.

And "Power hungry waste of tax dollars?" Jesus Christ man, get a grip. Not every cop needs to be out there writing tickets day in and day out. They actually DO have better things to do. Or are you one of those guys that thinks every government worker must be a lazy corrupt POS?
      01-17-2019, 04:59 PM   #41
overlook637
Lieutenant
Rep

If every law was fully enforced the cop probably couldn't commute to work in a marked car, as he would be in countless traffic stops. Every officer has to pick and choose what he sees or looks for. Even if the cops decide to enforce a traffic law or even a drug law, the DA can, and often does, drop the charges. I've even seen a judge find a person guilty then issues a zero dollar fine. I guess the judge didn't agree with the traffic law that was enforced or he didn't agree with the jury, so the judge issued a zero dollar fine.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 06:41 PM   #42
Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlook637 View Post
If every law was fully enforced the cop probably couldn't commute to work in a marked car, as he would be in countless traffic stops. Every officer has to pick and choose what he sees or looks for. Even if the cops decide to enforce a traffic law or even a drug law, the DA can, and often does, drop the charges. I've even seen a judge find a person guilty then issues a zero dollar fine. I guess the judge didn't agree with the traffic law that was enforced or he didn't agree with the jury, so the judge issued a zero dollar fine.
I'm not entirely sure why everyone is so concerned about this. Meanwhile I'm looking for a zcp exhaust to put on my car so I can return the lease and then transfer the MPE to my Cs which should be even louder. I think
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 10:16 PM   #43
BPMSport
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Whole thing is a sham and court system is corrupt.

We got a ticket in our 2015 M5 Comp pack which had a bone stock exhaust system, stock cats and everything. Went to court with a letter from the dealership that this was stock equipment, and the commissioner didn't care. She claimed if the cop thought it was too loud, then it probably was since he was a 30 year officer. Beyond ridiculous, and had to pay $500 ticket for a stock exhaust. Corruption at its finest.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 1
CanAutM321115.00
      01-18-2019, 12:08 AM   #44
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPMSport View Post
Whole thing is a sham and court system is corrupt.

We got a ticket in our 2015 M5 Comp pack which had a bone stock exhaust system, stock cats and everything. Went to court with a letter from the dealership that this was stock equipment, and the commissioner didn't care. She claimed if the cop thought it was too loud, then it probably was since he was a 30 year officer. Beyond ridiculous, and had to pay $500 ticket for a stock exhaust. Corruption at its finest.
Thanks for sharing. Difficult to believe yet it's true.
Appreciate 0