Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

09-14-2015, 08:33 AM   #45
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

After driving an F30 for over 2 years, I think this series of sedans is a great all-around size. Realizing that I am hauling kids often, the dimensions and proportions feel good inside and out.

I'm in an E46 coupe now, and it feels a bit tight. Looking forward to getting back into the F80 size. But F10 feels waaay to big for me!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 09:42 AM   #46
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
After driving an F30 for over 2 years, I think this series of sedans is a great all-around size. Realizing that I am hauling kids often, the dimensions and proportions feel good inside and out.

I'm in an E46 coupe now, and it feels a bit tight. Looking forward to getting back into the F80 size. But F10 feels waaay to big for me!
Right on, it really depends what you are looking for. For a family of 4, the F80 is the perfect size.

But I don't have a family, so the size doesn't really do any good for me. Plus I have 2 dogs, who would destroy the rear seat in a heartbeat. My dilemma is that it's too big to be a pure weekend car, and too small to be my only DD. An M3 Touring would have been absolutely perfect in my situation.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 10:12 AM   #47
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Right on, it really depends what you are looking for. For a family of 4, the F80 is the perfect size.

But I don't have a family, so the size doesn't really do any good for me. Plus I have 2 dogs, who would destroy the rear seat in a heartbeat. My dilemma is that it's too big to be a pure weekend car, and too small to be my only DD. An M3 Touring would have been absolutely perfect in my situation.
Well unfortunately for an M3 Touring, that ship has sailed. Next best (upcoming) option would be X3M. Yeah, step in the wrong direction for some. But for those of us with kids who want to haul around a few bikes and make some runs to Costco, it could be just the ticket. X5M/X6M will likely be always out of my budget, and those just seem like giant beasts.
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2015, 10:26 AM   #48
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Well unfortunately for an M3 Touring, that ship has sailed. Next best (upcoming) option would be X3M. Yeah, step in the wrong direction for some. But for those of us with kids who want to haul around a few bikes and make some runs to Costco, it could be just the ticket. X5M/X6M will likely be always out of my budget, and those just seem like giant beasts.
Right, I figure it's a very small niche, but that would be a car I'd keep forever.

I thought about the X3M, but too many deal breaker items for me. Lack of 6MT and not RWD are the 2 biggest things. I don't want the complexity or weight as I have no need for it here in my climate. Needless to say though, that thing is going to have a quick 0-60. This is why I'm stuck contemplating M2 and use the delta in price between the M2 and M3 towards a new DD when my 4Runner finally kicks the bucket. It's at 300k miles

My ideal M3 Touring would have been Austin Yellow, 6MT, LED headlights and that's it. I would have also considered an F11 M5 with 6MT.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 10:34 AM   #49
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Right, I figure it's a very small niche, but that would be a car I'd keep forever.

I thought about the X3M, but too many deal breaker items for me. Lack of 6MT and not RWD are the 2 biggest things. I don't want the complexity or weight as I have no need for it here in my climate. Needless to say though, that thing is going to have a quick 0-60. This is why I'm stuck contemplating M2 and use the delta in price between the M2 and M3 towards a new DD when my 4Runner finally kicks the bucket. It's at 300k miles

My ideal M3 Touring would have been Austin Yellow, 6MT, LED headlights and that's it. I would have also considered an F11 M5 with 6MT.
6MT is not a concern for me, but it would not surprise me if BMW got the next-gen X3M to within ~100lbs of the current M3/M4. I sure do love my RWD, but an advanced AWD system certainly sounds like an intriguing way to quickly take some corners
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 12:44 PM   #50
RocketBoots
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Horse Drawn Carriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigIslandM4 View Post
This latest generation have really become luxurious GT car's rather then sports cars. Its a real shame that BMW continues to "overfeed" their product line, more technology has to compensate for the increased mass and size: In my book thats a shame and spoils the fun in comparison to the 8 previous M3's I've owned. Just my option, but I suspect this will be that last M car I'll buy if BMW continues with its current trajectory.
Nah, by that time, the M2 will have evolved into an E92 M3 but with better everything. and will be perfect
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 08:01 PM   #51
Ian1973
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 15 M3

Quote:

Same here, I had some trouble in my E92(thought a two door) with four people. Now with the F80 they seem pretty comfortable back there as far as I can tell. I'm 6'4" so I have to sit pretty far back, the 11 year old gets the seat behind me and she hasn't said anything.

They are making a X3M? That seems a little much.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 08:03 PM   #52
Ian1973
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 15 M3

Quote:
6MT is not a concern for me, but it would not surprise me if BMW got the next-gen X3M to within ~100lbs of the current M3/M4. I sure do love my RWD, but an advanced AWD system certainly sounds like an intriguing way to quickly take some corners
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Keep that on the SUV's please, NOT on the M3's or M2's.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 08:36 PM   #53
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian1973 View Post

They are making a X3M? That seems a little much.
Yes, for the G01-series X3. The performance SUV market is hot and shows no signs of slowing.
Appreciate 0