European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

02-08-2018, 11:26 AM   #89
Aaaaaaaaa
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: The other M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbertin View Post
PDR is acronym for...?
Paintless dent repair. It doesn't matter. You don't want to mess with that. Just get a new bumper and be done with it.
Unrealistic and won't happen apparently
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 12:00 PM   #90
boss2k
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Paintless dent repair. It doesn't matter. You don't want to mess with that. Just get a new bumper and be done with it.
On the contrary i would get it repaired thru PDR if its possible and not mess with paint matching in a new bumper , i would only replace OEM parts if i have to thats when u get into an accident .

Second option maybe get a lip if it can hide the damage

My 2 cents
      02-08-2018, 12:58 PM   #91
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Not sure about these constant posts regarding difficulty of colour matching.

The panel shop I use has a Machine that will mix the precise colour and it got the shade spot on with my month old BMW that was hit in the parking lot.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 01:16 PM   #92
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
On the contrary i would get it repaired thru PDR if its possible and not mess with paint matching in a new bumper , i would only replace OEM parts if i have to thats when u get into an accident .

Second option maybe get a lip if it can hide the damage

My 2 cents
They should be able to paint match black paint. It's black paint! It's really not that challenging. We're not talking about Mineral White or some obscure Individual color.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 01:22 PM   #93
boss2k
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
They should be able to paint match black paint. It's black paint! It's really not that challenging. We're not talking about Mineral White or some obscure Individual color.
Its not flat black, BSM is metallic black and paint matching any metallic color is not easy, i am not saying its not possible but is it really worth the headache to get a new bumper and paint match it for such a small ding ( not even a dent). There are workarounds to fix that ding
      02-08-2018, 01:49 PM   #94
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

two stage paint should not be difficult to paint match. your lucky u dont have mineral
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 12:54 PM   #95
jcbertin
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

FINAL UPDATE: Had the car in for first service. Manager at the Dealer stated they are going to repair at their cost. He suggested we wait until after the Winter though... I agreed. Very cool move and they continue to deliver exceptional service and sales.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 03:08 PM   #96
1M4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 M4 Alp/Sakhir CF Roof 19"

That’s probably the best you are going to get from the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbertin View Post
FINAL UPDATE: Had the car in for first service. Manager at the Dealer stated they are going to repair at their cost. He suggested we wait until after the Winter though... I agreed. Very cool move and they continue to deliver exceptional service and sales.
I have noticed defects in the paint and interior on many of my cars both before I took delivery and after . I am quite the expert on issues like this and I can tell you the best thing is to inspect during the day as mentioned by another post. ONE PRIMARY MOVE: Tell the dealer before they do any paperwork on that particular vehicle that you would like to inspect it before. They will be a lot more accommodating to fixing or replacing that vehicle if they have not already put a lot of work into paperwork.

When you have ordered the car and probably tracked the shipment day by day as a lot of us do it really sucks if there is a defect. You might even be tempted to just deal with it if they have to reorder and you have to wait 2-3 months.Thats a personal decision .

My advice is to start the process 2 months before you actually have to have the car so that in the event there is a defect or by chance the car you ordered is missing something . That happened to me once and it was the wrong wheels which was too big of a difference for me as I was not going aftermarket for wheels.

When I have waited for a car that is really awesome it’s difficult to wait again and the car you bought is one of those .My final thoughts are that’s one of the leasing advantages ,document the defect and have the dealer sign off on it and let the leasing company deal with it .Or do it the way you did it and get something done at dealer cost or tell the dealer you will take care of it on your own and your next purchase will be at another dealer .

Last edited by 1M4; 03-05-2018 at 03:10 PM.. Reason: Puctuation
Appreciate 0