EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

04-14-2019, 04:34 AM   #1
mbj666
Private
Rep
Drives: M4 CP - Frozen Black

eventuri/Pipercross V1 carbon intake systems

hi all,

looking at getting the remus exhaust for my m4 in next month or so (car just been PPFd front end and ceramic coated now and sorting MPerformance HAS kit going on in next few weeks......... )

thinking whether to get the eventurii/pipercross v1 carbon intake system at the same time curious in peeps experiences of this (or whether just change the existing air box filters):

re: eventuri/pipercross carbon intake
- is sound really noticeable (love noise from sound clips/vids) in the real life
- does it actually give a notciable boost in power (see there is mixed views on this)
- any issues with the open systems (heat soak/filter damage)
- any other owner views???

cheers
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2019, 04:14 AM   #2
jamiesecker
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP

car looks stunning, I have had PPF, Ceramic and Has kit so very similar in mods except I opted for the Akrapovic system for mine.

looking at the Eventuri kit as think the finish is top quality although reflected in the price.
look forward to seeing what you decide?
      04-15-2019, 12:56 PM   #3
mbj666
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesecker View Post
car looks stunning, I have had PPF, Ceramic and Has kit so very similar in mods except I opted for the Akrapovic system for mine.

looking at the Eventuri kit as think the finish is top quality although reflected in the price.
look forward to seeing what you decide?
cheers mate

looking forward to HAS kit going on what drop did you get (interested if you also have the front splitter as have some speed bumps near where i live) ???

fancied REMUS as i liked the deeper sound, how do you find the sound off the Akrapovic system ???
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 02:53 AM   #4
jamiesecker
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbj666 View Post
cheers mate

looking forward to HAS kit going on what drop did you get (interested if you also have the front splitter as have some speed bumps near where i live) ???

fancied REMUS as i liked the deeper sound, how do you find the sound off the Akrapovic system ???
My setup (20"s) is 633mm/616mm

There is a thread I started on this page about recommended settings as my car was done in Reading and it was the first one they had fitted. When I collected it was at it lowest and the drive home to the New Forest was tight as I also have the carbon splitter. Worth a read as some good input from fellow members.
Akra sounds great IMOP and I had one on my F10 M5 so felt best to stick with what I know I guess.
let me know what you decide to do on the induction as keen to get one fitted next.
Meant to ask, did you haggle your dealer on cost for the HAS kit? I ask as I negotiated a 1.5k all in at BMW Reading if any use to you?

Cheers,

Jamie
      04-17-2019, 02:21 PM   #5
mbj666
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesecker View Post
My setup (20"s) is 633mm/616mm

There is a thread I started on this page about recommended settings as my car was done in Reading and it was the first one they had fitted. When I collected it was at it lowest and the drive home to the New Forest was tight as I also have the carbon splitter. Worth a read as some good input from fellow members.
Akra sounds great IMOP and I had one on my F10 M5 so felt best to stick with what I know I guess.
let me know what you decide to do on the induction as keen to get one fitted next.
Meant to ask, did you haggle your dealer on cost for the HAS kit? I ask as I negotiated a 1.5k all in at BMW Reading if any use to you?

Cheers,

Jamie

cheers for the heights so looking at the posts the 633 front is the standard recommended BMW height

and your rears at 616 are 10mm lower than the recommended BMW height of 626?

i need to haggle as no where are cheap as what you got it for

thanks again,

mat
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 09:24 AM   #6
jamiesecker
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbj666 View Post
cheers for the heights so looking at the posts the 633 front is the standard recommended BMW height

and your rears at 616 are 10mm lower than the recommended BMW height of 626?

i need to haggle as no where are cheap as what you got it for

thanks again,

mat
You are welcome as defiantly worth haggling. My original quote was 2.2k