GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

10-11-2015, 07:48 AM   #45
jwilliams
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 series

Id stick with the 4wd 911 personally.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 09:18 AM   #46
deemo319
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigIslandM4
Quote:
Originally Posted by l!ve View Post
I had the 997.2TT manual and now the F80 manual. It wasn't a direct swap though. I sold the 997TT for an FF way before the M3 got added to the mix. Personally, if it were 997TT manual and the M4 DCT, I would stick with the Porsche.

The M4 simply doesn't give me enough reason for a change. Unless you would like:
(1) DCT
(2) A Change
(3) Warranty
(4) Current Model
(5) Slightly Bigger Car
The only thing I do have to say is I prefer the handling of the M3 in stock form. The 997TT understeered and had the choice of bouncy or rock hard suspension in stock form.

In conclusion, if I were to buy a new M4 or used 997TT, I'd go M4. But since you already have the 997TT which is an awesome car, I would stick with it. The manual on the 997TT is very nice.
Did u like the FF? My wife has been bugging me to get one for a while now because of the 4 seats - They have come down a lot in price and its a lot of car for the money (although I am not in love with the looks)
I had an opportunity to sell a Ferrari FF that was customized by the Ferrari Atelier to a client when they came out.

He loved it and it is similar to the BMW E36/8 M Coupe, once you drive one the looks won't matter.

You have to drive one to "get it" or have an understanding of the concept of it.

The thing is wide, has very good grip and the power delivery is smooth an fast. It's a shooting brake with a Ferrari V12 with a back seat.

Just get a good color, and if you can find a Neiman Marcus Edition FF buy it!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 07:02 PM   #47
jwilliams
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 series

The FF is amazing. The guy 3 doors down from me has one. It reminds me of a Z4 M Coupe in looks. Its blisteringly fast. Looks stunning and sounds more exotic than most cars out there. Its has room in the back and is more comfortable than most cars iv been in. Of an FF is on the cards then id be having one.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2015, 11:50 AM   #48
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM/SO M3

So now that you've had the M4 for 5 months what do you think?

I'm looking to go the reverse direction. M3 -> 997tt lol
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2015, 11:50 PM   #49
Cameronc08
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997.1 Turbo/F82 M4/'06 Saleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSanto View Post
So now that you've had the M4 for 5 months what do you think?

I'm looking to go the reverse direction. M3 -> 997tt lol
Honestly I would be happy with either, it's all about what you're looking for in the car. I know that's such a boring and clichè but it really is the truth. There's days where I really miss my turbo. And everytime I roll up next to one I wish I still had it. But I know I would feel the exact same way if the roles were reversed. I love the m4 for the comfort, the technology, the linear power and driveability. I miss the sheer torque of the turbo, with my mods the thing just pulled. The m4, at freeway speeds just feels like a wet dog to me. That's probably what I dislike the most about it. But being able to plug my phone in is great haha.
None of this helps you and I'm sure you already know all of this. It really, truly is personal preference. Stock for stock. What I will tell you as an owner of both is the 997 turbo is NOT the superior car. I don't care what anyone says. They both share equal pros and cons. Different types of cars but one is certainly not better than the other. I can also tell you that the suspension while firm and planted in the 997 chassis feels great, it does get tiresome after long drives, and that is coming from a 28 year old driver in good shape. So that's definately a reality.

My ultimate advice? Make the switch. You've owned and expierenced the m4. Now it's time to try something different, and the turbo offers just that, a different expierence. Neither car is wrong, both cars are right !