BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

08-21-2015, 07:04 PM   #1
JenWil
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mineral Gray M3

Bluetooth issues?

Okay...so at first, I couldn't get the music to play via Bluetooth. I would have to go to my phone and hit play or change the song through my phone versus iDrive. I updated my phone software (iPhone 6) and that fixed the music problem.

However, I've lost the ability to pull up Siri by pushing and holding my phone button or by saying text whoever. It says that option isn't available. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this? I'm not a fan of the BMW "geniuses" at my dealership because they really didn't help with anything when I went up there before to get some questions answered. Everything was "I don't know...I've never heard of that" or "I'd have to see it in action."

I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 08:49 PM   #2
N55
ⒸⒺⓇⓉⓘⒻⒾⒺⒹ✬ⓃⒾⓃⒿⒶ
United_States
Rep
Drives: 🚀

Garage List
I'm at a love hate relationship with my bluetooth right now.

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 09:46 PM   #3
Anchored
Banned
Rep
Drives: E39

if siri is not working it sounds like there is an issue with the car. I would get it into service.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 04:14 PM   #4
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Press and hold the Voice Control button for Siri, not the Phone button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenWil View Post
Okay...so at first, I couldn't get the music to play via Bluetooth. I would have to go to my phone and hit play or change the song through my phone versus iDrive. I updated my phone software (iPhone 6) and that fixed the music problem.

However, I've lost the ability to pull up Siri by pushing and holding my phone button or by saying text whoever. It says that option isn't available. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this? I'm not a fan of the BMW "geniuses" at my dealership because they really didn't help with anything when I went up there before to get some questions answered. Everything was "I don't know...I've never heard of that" or "I'd have to see it in action."

I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 10:39 AM   #5
JenWil
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Press and hold the Voice Control button for Siri, not the Phone button.
Thanks! I'll try that. I should have put before that When I hit the voice control button and tell it to text whoever, it tells me that option is not available right now. I have not tried pushing and holding it though. I'll give that a shot

If it still doesn't work....to service we go.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 12:44 AM   #6
SEXY-BEAST
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Glad I found this thread so I don't start another… my Bluetooth has been acting up lately. I have an iPhone 6 Plus with updated iOS (version 9.0.2) which was working fine -- paired up with the car and played my music flawlessly as well as make calls, etc. Today, I could not get the music to play; it would play and then my Waze or Google Map would kick in with navigation and the music wouldn't come back. Thought it was the navigation apps, so I disabled them. Then, I could only make the music play by hitting play on my iPhone whereas before the music would start up automatically. And when it does play, I can't scroll through my playlist and select songs using the flywheel on the steering wheel. It was working perfectly fine until just today. I thought at first it might have been a compatibility issue with the updated iOS, but I see with OP there was no issue with the music after updating iPhone software (OP: assume you updated with iOS 9.0.2?).

I will try unpairing and then re-pairing (ha) my iPhone later; hopefully, that will do the trick. Perhaps my car needs a software update? Gonna call my dealer tomorrow and see if I can get a hold of a "genius".
2018 F82 ZCP
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 07:11 AM   #7
JenWil
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEXY-BEAST View Post
Glad I found this thread so I don't start another… my Bluetooth has been acting up lately. I have an iPhone 6 Plus with updated iOS (version 9.0.2) which was working fine -- paired up with the car and played my music flawlessly as well as make calls, etc. Today, I could not get the music to play; it would play and then my Waze or Google Map would kick in with navigation and the music wouldn't come back. Thought it was the navigation apps, so I disabled them. Then, I could only make the music play by hitting play on my iPhone whereas before the music would start up automatically. And when it does play, I can't scroll through my playlist and select songs using the flywheel on the steering wheel. It was working perfectly fine until just today. I thought at first it might have been a compatibility issue with the updated iOS, but I see with OP there was no issue with the music after updating iPhone software (OP: assume you updated with iOS 9.0.2?).

I will try unpairing and then re-pairing (ha) my iPhone later; hopefully, that will do the trick. Perhaps my car needs a software update? Gonna call my dealer tomorrow and see if I can get a hold of a "genius".
I do have iOS 9.0.2. It was a little weird the other day in that my phone wouldn't connect to the car for some reason and then when it did connect, it wouldn't play the music. I restarted the phone and went in and paired the phone again and that seems to have fixed the problem for me. I'm not sure if there was just a little glitch there since my Real Time Traffic wasn't working for a couple days there and then all of a sudden...it's working fine.
Appreciate 1
      10-21-2015, 09:35 AM   #8
SEXY-BEAST
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
I do have iOS 9.0.2. It was a little weird the other day in that my phone wouldn't connect to the car for some reason and then when it did connect, it wouldn't play the music. I restarted the phone and went in and paired the phone again and that seems to have fixed the problem for me. I'm not sure if there was just a little glitch there since my Real Time Traffic wasn't working for a couple days there and then all of a sudden...it's working fine.
Thanks for the tip! I'm gonna try the re-pairing.
2018 F82 ZCP
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 12:26 AM   #9
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
My bluetooth is music skips are very slow at times. Sometimes my track info doesnt change on time.

Same phone via BT streaming works flawlessly in E92 M3. 2013 F10 M5 also has this slow BT streaming response times.

Its annoying. Dealer tells me this is normal (like they realize its a problem, but nothing from BMW) and nothing they can do.