ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

04-05-2024, 01:10 PM   #1
CeglA
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Problem with MHD - burbles

Hello!

After 5 years with bootmod3 I purchased MHD few days ago. I really like Stage2+ map and I would like to stay with it but I have problem with burbles (on all MHD maps - latest version 1.13).

-In Sport mode I dont have any burbles in D gearbox mode (automatic). In manual mode burbles work normally (I tried all possible settings).
-In Sport Plus burbles work fine both in D (automatic) and Manual mode.

Could someone who use latest version of MHD could confirm if burbles should work in Sport mode during normal drive in D gearbox mode?

Im not sure if its problem with my car or just MHD logic.

Even stock f80/f82 has burbles in Sport...

Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2024, 01:40 PM   #2
depaulhifi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

I run MHD and have burbles turned completely off now, but when I had them on, they worked fine in sport mode with the transmission in D mode.

Min aggressiveness, min 3200 RPM, duration 0.2s... will give you a nice little pop or 2 under moderate throttle input.

Burbles are kind of out of fashion now. They were a novelty in the beginning, after a (short) while they just became annoying. I would turn them off and just let the engine do what it will.
Appreciate 1
      04-16-2024, 03:08 PM   #3
CeglA
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Are you sure that was Sport mode? Not Sport Plus?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 09:20 PM   #4
depaulhifi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeglA View Post
Are you sure that was Sport mode? Not Sport Plus?
100% certain. On a stage 2 tune, Sport Plus throttle is waayyyy too twitchy for street driving, so much so that I have never used it since going stage 2.

I have M1 configured as efficient/comfort/comfort/D2 and M2 configured as sport/comfort/comfort/S2. In the MHD app, you can configure it so the valves are always open in Sport and Sport Plus modes.

Sometimes, when I want to be a little rowdy, but still want an automatic transmission, I'll just manually put the throttle in Sport mode, and when I had burbles enabled, they worked just fine.
Appreciate 0