R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Closed Thread

10-25-2017, 04:46 PM   #199
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Do you ever get the feeling that people are talking about things on this post way over your head.....? Because I do.

Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 2
JibSTir13601.00
cbertels1212.00
      10-25-2017, 04:54 PM   #200
SickFinga
Captain
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I remember the same thing was said prior to the F10 M5, too. It ended up happening anyway, but only for the US. With the F90, its now gone completely. We are definitely in the twilight years of the MT in the M3 and M4, no doubt. We'll see whether there is one more round left or if the current generation is really it for good.
I agree with you. However, if next gen M3/M4 is going AWD, I have my doubts about the manual transmission.

Quote:
Like I said in a post above, even if its called that, there's something going on here. I have my doubts that BMW is going to leave themselves in a place where they have to either expose the OLED tail lights as a multi-thousand dollar surcharge for the M4 CS, or try to inflate the M3 CS MSRP to near the M4 CS despite it lacking those as a selling point.
Looking at his and BMW M3 CRT older posts, I doubt they are pulling the information out of their asses. They talked about this model before those photos were posted. I was very skeptical when they said they saw the M3 CS badge since pre-production cars do not run around with the badges. However, after seeing the builtsheets I have no doubt about their claims.
Appreciate 1
Thescout134944.00
      10-25-2017, 04:56 PM   #201
Parabolica
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 M3 ZCP 6MT

There's still no guarantee that the car in the pictures and video is indeed a CS. We may be getting way in front of ourselves.
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2017, 05:02 PM   #202
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parabolica View Post
There's still no guarantee that the car in the pictures and video is indeed a CS. We may be getting way in front of ourselves.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2017, 05:13 PM   #203
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Quote:
I remember the same thing was said prior to the F10 M5, too. It ended up happening anyway, but only for the US. With the F90, its now gone completely. We are definitely in the twilight years of the MT in the M3 and M4, no doubt. We'll see whether there is one more round left or if the current generation is really it for good.
They could offer an MT in the next generation but as it stands right now, they will not.

Quote:
Like I said in a post above, even if its called that, there's something going on here. I have my doubts that BMW is going to leave themselves in a place where they have to either expose the OLED tail lights as a multi-thousand dollar surcharge for the M4 CS, or try to inflate the M3 CS MSRP to near the M4 CS despite it lacking those as a selling point.
Let's give it 2-3 weeks. Like we did for the spyshots to show up.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 09:14 PM   #204
desertfox73
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 / 2018 F85

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspireSiR View Post
No manual, no sale. NEXT!
You will have a hard time buying a car in 5 years.
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2017, 10:34 PM   #205
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
Again, see E90 M3 CRT vs E93 M3 GTS. They weren't presented or announced at the same time and have the exact same weird thing with the model codes. And sure they are not exactly the carbon copy of each other, but GTS has even more modifications done to it and it didn't get a unique model code.
But that’s sort of my point - they weren’t announced together because they aren’t the same thing. Not sure I would agree the GTS was more of a departure given the completely unique interior of the CRT. They both have significant differences from the standard model but in different ways. In any case, I suspect there is still something we have yet to uncover about this M3.

Quote:
Looking at his and BMW M3 CRT older posts, I doubt they are pulling the information out of their asses. They talked about this model before those photos were posted. I was very skeptical when they said they saw the M3 CS badge since pre-production cars do not run around with the badges. However, after seeing the builtsheets I have no doubt about their claims.
Right, but if you dig back far enough, you will see some things that didn’t come to pass. Think about V6 engines, for example.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 12:36 AM   #206
SickFinga
Captain
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:
Not sure I would agree the GTS was more of a departure given the completely unique interior of the CRT.
huh? have you seen the M3 GTS interior?

Appreciate 2
Wills28618.00
      10-26-2017, 02:02 AM   #207
BMW M3 CRT
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Right, but if you dig back far enough, you will see some things that didn’t come to pass. Think about V6 engines, for example.
One should also be so fair, to say quite clearly, that inside information is usually momentary and usually show only one side of the medallion. Thus, the information about the V6 was just the viewpoint of the M-GmbH, how an optimal engine should be designed for the M3 / M4. Which was ultimately endorsed by BMW AG with its purely production cost oriented Position ... and therefore, that does not mean that the V6 does not exist or the information was wrong.

Regarding the M3 CS, this means that even if the M3 CS has been finally developed in Garching - complete with M3 CS batch, BMW can of course decide to bring it to the market under another Lable.
On the basis of a M3 CS, it would also be easy to bring an M3 CRT to the market in order to avoid the delineation problems mentioned by @mkoesel to the M4 CS regarding the OLEDs.
With another, more powerful engine, a CRT seat system, a titanium exhaust system and the M performance springs, the it would be easy to generate a CRT based on the CS, which could then be priced totally different from the M4 CS

There are also rumors that the M3 CRT is already finished in Garching. And if you look at the predecessors M3 GTS and CRT, the vehicles can also look completely different.
Why should it be completely excluded that the M4 CS outwardly based on the aerodynamic components developed for an M3 CRT and the vehicle in the Spypics is basically a M3 CRT testmule ... would at least explain the pre-LCI 2 headlights, which did not exist in the M4 CS prototypes.

Then lets wait and see what we get as last M3 "Sondermodell"!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 05:05 AM   #208
edwinm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPLV View Post
Why it look like a WRX...
right, I think because it's a 4 door :

Grigio Telesto M4, 6MT.
Coyote 5.0 F-150
991 GT3
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 07:13 AM   #209
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sure. It's spartan like it should be. I am just saying the CRT went in a completely different direction and doesn't share those parts. And has its own special interior too, including the special carbon fiber seats.

Does the M4 CS have any new interior parts? I don't think it does, right? It's all taken from the GTS to the best of my knowledge. Yet, an M3 CS, if it is to have a similar custom interior, would in fact need a few new parts.

I guess we could debate this ad infinitum, but my point wasn't to split hairs. We may not agree fully on the semantics, but the fact remains there are unanswered questions about this new M3 variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M3 CRT View Post
One should also be so fair, to say quite clearly, that inside information is usually momentary and usually show only one side of the medallion.
But taking at face value what someone says they saw, or says they were told by some engineer, or says they have inside info about just leads to the spread of misinformation. Those things can be easily made up and often are. If we just let it all go unchecked with no filter, then by definition we have no rumor control.

The less resistance people perceive, the more of that type of shenanigans you see. So, thank you for understanding the dynamics of how credibility is established and challenged on the internet.
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2017, 08:06 AM   #210
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:

I think the point is that the E90 M3 CRT and E92 M3 GTS interiors are both bespoke and very different to each other
Attached Images

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 1
aajami429.50
      10-26-2017, 08:34 AM   #211
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

The issue here is whether it is worth BMWs while creating the same interior for the F80 CS as I presume it won't just be a straight swap? Thinking about it I'm not sure apart from the doors what the differences are in terms of dimensions?
      10-26-2017, 08:44 AM   #212
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
The issue here is whether it is worth BMWs while creating the same interior for the F80 CS as I presume it won't just be a straight swap? Thinking about it I'm not sure apart from the doors what the differences are in terms of dimensions?
That is what I figure also. Only the front and rear doors cards would be different.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 09:39 AM   #213
Parabolica
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 M3 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
I think the point is that the E90 M3 CRT and E92 M3 GTS interiors are both bespoke and very different to each other
Love the seats!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 09:50 AM   #214
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Since the specs in SickFinga's post:

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=88

report that this test vehicle has the standard S55 engine (317Kw), which we can speculate won't hold true for the production car, is it possible this car gets the water injected S55? In other words, could this be the sequel to the CRT - an M3 with the GTS engine and a swanky interior?

One big advantage would be that this would allow BMW to be liberal with the pricing ($100k+ USD) and avoid any direct, feature-for-feature comparisons to the M4 CS.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 10:00 AM   #215
BMW M3 CRT
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Since the specs in SickFinga's post:

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=88

report that this test vehicle has the standard S55 engine (317Kw), which we can speculate won't hold true for the production car, is it possible this car gets the water injected S55? In other words, could this be the sequel to the CRT - an M3 with the GTS engine and a swanky interior?

One big advantage would be that this would allow BMW to be liberal with the pricing ($100k+ USD) and avoid any direct, feature-for-feature comparisons to the M4 CS.

Quote:
On the basis of a M3 CS, it would also be easy to bring an M3 CRT to the market in order to avoid the delineation problems mentioned by @mkoesel to the M4 CS regarding the OLEDs.
With another, more powerful engine, a CRT seat system, a titanium exhaust system and the M performance springs, the it would be easy to generate a CRT based on the CS, which could then be priced totally different from the M4 CS

There are also rumors that the M3 CRT is already finished in Garching. And if you look at the predecessors M3 GTS and CRT, the vehicles can also look completely different.
Why should it be completely excluded that the M4 CS outwardly based on the aerodynamic components developed for an M3 CRT and the vehicle in the Spypics is basically a M3 CRT testmule ... would at least explain the pre-LCI 2 headlights, which did not exist in the M4 CS prototypes.

Then lets wait and see what we get as last M3 "Sondermodell"!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 10:04 AM   #216
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sure, but earlier you (or maybe it was Gatte, I get you two confused sometimes) were putting a whole lot of emphasis on the "M3 CS" badge that another test vehicles supposedly out there roaming about has on it's rear.

So which is it? If this product diverges from the M4 CS content in all the ways we are speculating, it doesn't really make any sense to call it an M3 CS.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 10:29 AM   #217
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Quote:
You can dig as far back as you want. I am certain I never mentioned about a V6.

Quote:
Sure, but earlier you (or maybe it was Gatte, I get you two confused sometimes) were putting a whole lot of emphasis on the "M3 CS" badge that another test vehicles supposedly out there roaming about has on it's rear.

So which is it? If this product diverges from the M4 CS content in all the ways we are speculating, it doesn't really make any sense to call it an M3 CS.
I mentioned that there is another vehicle out there (not roaming or in Camo) with a badge on the rear which has M3 CS on it. I said the car will be called M3 CS based on the badge it currently carries. I did mention that BMW might still go ahead and change that badge between now and when they announce it.

I can only state things based on what I see now. Everything else will be what we call speculation, which is what you say you and a few others are doing.
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2017, 10:41 AM   #218
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
You can dig as far back as you want. I am certain I never mentioned about a V6.
Well that's good to hear. But others did get caught up in that. Hard to remember all the details.

Quote:
I mentioned that there is another vehicle out there (not roaming or in Camo) with a badge on the rear which has M3 CS on it. I said the car will be called M3 CS based on the badge it currently carries. I did mention that BMW might still go ahead and change that badge between now and when they announce it.
Right, yep, I remember that. The other poster above also emphasized it too though:

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1#post22274671

That's probably what I was thinking of.

Quote:
I can only state things based on what I see now. Everything else will be what we call speculation, which is what you say you and a few others are doing.
Absolutely.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 10:46 AM   #219
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Added Nurburgring track-testing video:

Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 1
mkoesel7505.50
      10-26-2017, 10:50 AM   #220
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

It looked a little more composed through that first corner than the Bentley!