ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

10-20-2021, 10:25 PM   #1
Dracul
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT, 2011 M3 DCT

Malfunction/warning indicators..2016 M4

I had a malfunction a few weeks back while in cruise control, all kinds of warnings/malfunction lights came on. Screen said to reduce speed and consult service center. I took to dealership and it was diagnosed as a software issue and they performed an update and it appeared solve issue, they even kept it a few days and tech drove it and use cruise and no issues.

Now after driving a few miles parked and shut down then started up received: frontal collision malfunction, brake intervention not available. Pedestrian warning malfunction. Adaptive headlight malfunction. Chassis stabilization, drive moderately. Steering drive moderately. I just glanced through some forums but couldn't find anything. Has anyone had this issue or is there a known gremlin that requires a certain fix?

Any feedback is appreciated.
      10-20-2021, 10:30 PM   #2
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Low battery/alternator failure
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2022, 03:53 PM   #3
dpapad
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M6 Comp Package

Same Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracul View Post
I had a malfunction a few weeks back while in cruise control, all kinds of warnings/malfunction lights came on. Screen said to reduce speed and consult service center. I took to dealership and it was diagnosed as a software issue and they performed an update and it appeared solve issue, they even kept it a few days and tech drove it and use cruise and no issues.

Now after driving a few miles parked and shut down then started up received: frontal collision malfunction, brake intervention not available. Pedestrian warning malfunction. Adaptive headlight malfunction. Chassis stabilization, drive moderately. Steering drive moderately. I just glanced through some forums but couldn't find anything. Has anyone had this issue or is there a known gremlin that requires a certain fix?

Any feedback is appreciated.
I just had this same issue come up. At least 10 codes came up at the same time. I bought my 2017 M6 Convertible w/ 21k miles back in January and have had some battery errors b/c I drive the car 2 miles 3 to 4x per week. The owner's manual warns you that short driving routes affect the battery but this is the first time I'm experiencing this error.

What did you do to resolve it? Did you just have to replace your battery or was it a software issue? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2022, 04:05 PM   #4
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpapad View Post
I just had this same issue come up. At least 10 codes came up at the same time. I bought my 2017 M6 Convertible w/ 21k miles back in January and have had some battery errors b/c I drive the car 2 miles 3 to 4x per week. The owner's manual warns you that short driving routes affect the battery but this is the first time I'm experiencing this error.

What did you do to resolve it? Did you just have to replace your battery or was it a software issue? Thanks.
Best way is to check faults using dealer level software
Appreciate 0