Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

09-27-2020, 12:42 AM   #1
m4h2o
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 M4

Please help with all the confusing

Ok I've said this before, I'm new here. I feel like there just so much to learn about these cars. Every time I look around on this forum I see Something new.

So I've learned that Euro MDM is better then US MDM. I figure I'd look more into this. Now I'm hearing CS MDM is even better. How can I flash this? Hate to sound stupid but I have bootmod. Can I do through them?!!

Now I'm hearing about this ZCP... from what I'm gathering, it helps with suspension? Hate to sound stupid again but I have H&R sport springs. Will it make a difference? Again can I flash through bootmod.

All this is so confusing to me. There's just so much to Learn. I will be the first to say I don't know much about flashing and tuning.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Muchos gracias
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 09:49 PM   #2
coxxoc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 CP

Bootmod3 isn’t used to code MDM. It is for DME tuning primarily and can flash DCT settings. Both esys and Thor can be used to code MDM.

Search for coding topics on this site or google for more info. The shortest path to what you want is to pay a company to code it for you. Alex from alpine is a popular vendor on this site.
Appreciate 2
bsmf8x777.00
m4h2o286.50
      09-29-2020, 10:49 AM   #3
HyeM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

What he said ^. Esys is a very complicated program and you can seriously mess something up if you don't know what you're doing. I'd recommend taking the easy route and using Thor or paying someone to do it for you. With that being said I haven't tried CS MDM but I really like Euro MDM. The ZCP damper coding surprisingly helped with ride quality a little bit I think. I also recommend GTS steering and GTS diff coding
Appreciate 2
m4h2o286.50
CanAutM321115.00
      09-30-2020, 05:55 AM   #4
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Having tried all of them, CS MDM is definitely the better one. It allows for a fair bit of slip angle and is decently progressive in its intervention, not too abrupt.

As for EDC, EPS and eDiff coding, I believe it is always best to use the latest version software adapted to your specific hardware. For instance, base cars have different dampers than the CP and CS, so coding CS or CP EDC on a base car will not be optimal. Same for CP vs CS where they have different springs and swaybar combination. Everything needs to work in harmony. Your more than likely better off simply getting the latest version software for your specific hardware.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 06:32 PM   #5
m4h2o
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Having tried all of them, CS MDM is definitely the better one. It allows for a fair bit of slip angle and is decently progressive in its intervention, not too abrupt.

As for EDC, EPS and eDiff coding, I believe it is always best to use the latest version software adapted to your specific hardware. For instance, base cars have different dampers than the CP and CS, so coding CS or CP EDC on a base car will not be optimal. Same for CP vs CS where they have different springs and swaybar combination. Everything needs to work in harmony. Your more than likely better off simply getting the latest version software for your specific hardware.
This makes a lot of sense! Thank you
Appreciate 0