European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

09-24-2020, 12:51 AM   #45
EdgyAsf27
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
I say, fuck it, you only live once and it's cool to have nice cars while young. I bought a Mercedes CL500 (which was what basically the S-Class coupe was called back in 2003) when I was 23. Sure, I could have invested blah blah blah.....but like you said, you aren't that knowledgeable about it. Stocks have been volatile lately anyways.

I would definitely get it checked out, though. You don't want it to be a money pit because the seller wasn't being honest about the damage.
Exactly you only live once. I dont want to drive a car im not gonna have fun with and regret not having the chance to drive a sick ass car in the future. Thanks for the advice. Im also doing it because what the hell ive always been such a penny saver literally saving coins and eating cheaper stuff just to save money and the whole point of me saving money is to buy something ill enjoy not suffer my whole life to have money sitting on the f ing table scared to spend it on anything. Ive got enough money to buy an m4 and do maintenance the rest i wont worry about im not gonna die. Im doing this for me, and for those who needa take risks yall yolooo lmao.

After all the m4 is the car that got me into cars its been my dream car ever since and never thought itd be a reality so i might as well take my chances as i can now.
Appreciate 1
deeldoo1122.00
      09-24-2020, 04:38 AM   #46
AlmondJayRoM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBMWfan View Post
, I would also suggest a beater car to keep miles off of it. Daily-ing these cars is a fortune and you don't want to do that to your dream car

Why would you want to do a thing like that? Why have a fun car but leave the "fun" in the garage for fear of putting miles on it? It's like those guys who only want to buy black, silver, or white for the sole reason of resale value. At that point are you buying the car for you or for the next owner? I maintain the car, PPF, and keep it detailed and spotless most of the time but only because I like having a clean car, and not necessarily to keep the car nice for the next guy.
Appreciate 3
TimmyM56241.50
doug_9992541.50
      09-24-2020, 11:48 PM   #47
Rawimage
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

23 yo checking in. I have had 3 bmw's so far and they all required some type of maintenance so just make sure you have some money in your back pocket for when it "rains"
Appreciate 1
      09-25-2020, 12:45 AM   #48
MisterF80M3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Then you're probably ok, if you put that money towards warranty then you don't need to do the crankhub, I would also suggest a beater car to keep miles off of it. Daily-ing these cars is a fortune and you don't want to do that to your dream car

Coming from me who bought my M4 while still in college on my own money/ credit a few years ago
We drive a BMW, not a Lamborghini. These cars are meant to be driven, IMO.
      09-26-2020, 12:12 AM   #49
EdgyAsf27
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawimage View Post
23 yo checking in. I have had 3 bmw's so far and they all required some type of maintenance so just make sure you have some money in your back pocket for when it "rains"
Thanks! Did yall here about California banning future sales of gasoline cars starting 2035? Its scary news
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 12:15 AM   #50
EdgyAsf27
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterF80M3 View Post
Quote:
Then you're probably ok, if you put that money towards warranty then you don't need to do the crankhub, I would also suggest a beater car to keep miles off of it. Daily-ing these cars is a fortune and you don't want to do that to your dream car

Coming from me who bought my M4 while still in college on my own money/ credit a few years ago
Hey quick question misterf80m3, from when you first bought your m3 those first couple accelerations how fast did they feel? And to compare that feeling from the begging to now, does you still feel that holy **** acceleration like you did in the beggining or watever feeling it was? Or did you get used to it and it feels slower now by a lot. Thankyou!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 12:22 AM   #51
deeldoo
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 - DCT 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgyAsf27 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterF80M3 View Post
Quote:

Hey quick question misterf80m3, from when you first bought your m3 those first couple accelerations how fast did they feel? And to compare that feeling from the begging to now, does you still feel that holy **** acceleration like you did in the beggining or watever feeling it was? Or did you get used to it and it feels slower now by a lot. Thankyou!
I can tell you my experience, the holy shit never gets old, in fact it feels just as fun every time.

Also what you will love with this car is that its a fucking hooligan savage.

Today i was merging on the high way doing 55 mph and pinned it the whole back end kicked out. I overpowered bridgestone potenza re71R tires at 6700 rpm in second gear.

It scared me but it also made me smile. That is power.

Be careful though keep TC on at first
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 09:38 AM   #52
IVM3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

I think no matter how much power you have, you get used to it after a while. It's still fun, but the excitement wears off, at least for me. It just feels like the new normal. I've experienced this even with a 600 hp car.

My advice is to hold off as I would be wary of the salvage title and any unknowns. Also, where do you go from here are you get the m4 and want to upgrade? I know I did some dumb things in my 20s and fortunately they were with cheaper cars that also didn't cost as much to fix. You might also have fun modding a car with cheaper upgrades.
Appreciate 1
bsmf8x777.00
      09-26-2020, 10:42 PM   #53
EdgyAsf27
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVM3 View Post
I think no matter how much power you have, you get used to it after a while. It's still fun, but the excitement wears off, at least for me. It just feels like the new normal. I've experienced this even with a 600 hp car.

My advice is to hold off as I would be wary of the salvage title and any unknowns. Also, where do you go from here are you get the m4 and want to upgrade? I know I did some dumb things in my 20s and fortunately they were with cheaper cars that also didn't cost as much to fix. You might also have fun modding a car with cheaper upgrades.
Hey yea i did some reflecting and i wanna have fun with a car im gonna hold off the salvage m4 i personally just thought that if i needa buy a salvage car i can barely afford it. Im gonna go for a bmw M235i coupe not the brand new ones that are ugly lol the 2015 through 2018 i believe. Although its slower i will enjoy pushing it to the limit and use all its horsepower and its a clean title so i feel better about it.
Also literally i had the same thought process and it annoyed me because i was like im 19 i can barely afford the m4 and thats my goal but what am i gonna buy next?? Like the next step for me is porsche or ferrari but thats in the future i can barely afford a salvage one like nahh lol
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 11:42 PM   #54
maddmatth
Major
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: F82 M4, E92 335i

Quote:
Also literally i had the same thought process and it annoyed me because i was like im 19 i can barely afford the m4 and thats my goal but what am i gonna buy next?? Like the next step for me is porsche or ferrari but thats in the future i can barely afford a salvage one like nahh lol
Also owning the M4 will cripple your ability to save, making it even harder to ever afford that Porsche or Ferrari...

And don't get carried away modding the 235i. Turns it into a bigger money pit, killing your savings.
Could have bought an M3 much earlier in life with the money I pissed away on my 335i...
Appreciate 1
bsmf8x777.00
      09-27-2020, 02:19 PM   #55
EdgyAsf27
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddmatth View Post
Quote:
Also owning the M4 will cripple your ability to save, making it even harder to ever afford that Porsche or Ferrari...

And don't get carried away modding the 235i. Turns it into a bigger money pit, killing your savings.
Could have bought an M3 much earlier in life with the money I pissed away on my 335i...
Exactly, ok thankyou for that advice 👍
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 12:40 PM   #56
agentrnge
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 6MT, 2001 740iL

I would be hesitant to own that much car at that age. I'm also jealous I didnt have the chance to have anywhere close to 1/2 the car at that age, lol. Insurance might not offer "full" coverage on a salvage title car.
Appreciate 0