Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

05-22-2020, 11:31 PM   #23
clutchdj
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a few cars

C63 just feels so cramped to me. Interior marginally nicer. Performance is ok. Road presence is kind of blah. Have you not driven the F90? Nice leap over the f8X. Not as visceral but great road presence and fast out of the box. Make the leap
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 12:38 AM   #24
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchdj View Post
C63 just feels so cramped to me. Interior marginally nicer. Performance is ok. Road presence is kind of blah. Have you not driven the F90? Nice leap over the f8X. Not as visceral but great road presence and fast out of the box. Make the leap
I've actually never seen a C63 in person that I remember, let alone been inside one. The current V8 sure sounds nice, although they have a revised model coming out later this year which is rumored to have a 4cyl hybrid putting out over 500hp (and likely not sounding so cool) so I'll have to see how that compares in looks, price, etc to the new 4's and their mongo grilles.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 07:34 PM   #25
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
Quote:
I've actually never seen a C63 in person that I remember, let alone been inside one. The current V8 sure sounds nice, although they have a revised model coming out later this year which is rumored to have a 4cyl hybrid putting out over 500hp (and likely not sounding so cool) so I'll have to see how that compares in looks, price, etc to the new 4's and their mongo grilles.
Yeah the 4-cylinder rumor is definitely something I'm hoping isn't true, or will at least be for the 43/45 series. I'm still holding out on hope that they may use a V8 or at least their 53-series Inline-6 for the top tier model.

I personally like the current C63 very much. Its obviously not as nimble or playful as an M3 due to the larger engine and weight over the front end, but that V8 is a peach of an engine in both sound and feel, and their 9-Speed MCT transmission is pretty snappy, and handling is still good. Definitely a good alternative, especially now that the 4-series' front end has leaked in full (and is very ugly) and will likely be grafted onto the front end of the G80 M3 (sadly).
paliknight2191.50
      06-11-2020, 11:27 PM   #26
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah the 4-cylinder rumor is definitely something I'm hoping isn't true, or will at least be for the 43/45 series. I'm still holding out on hope that they may use a V8 or at least their 53-series Inline-6 for the top tier model.

I personally like the current C63 very much. Its obviously not as nimble or playful as an M3 due to the larger engine and weight over the front end, but that V8 is a peach of an engine in both sound and feel, and their 9-Speed MCT transmission is pretty snappy, and handling is still good. Definitely a good alternative, especially now that the 4-series' front end has leaked in full (and is very ugly) and will likely be grafted onto the front end of the G80 M3 (sadly).
Definitely agree. Having a 4 cylinder C63 is an abomination and an embarrassment to the AMG HERITAGE.

What people loved most about AMGs (the real ones) is that glorious V8. That's their trademark. Getting rid of the V8 is like getting rid of Steve Jobs from Apple (which turned out horrible).
      06-12-2020, 01:30 PM   #27
Tacoma
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMWs for 30 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Definitely agree. Having a 4 cylinder C63 is an abomination and an embarrassment to the AMG HERITAGE.

What people loved most about AMGs (the real ones) is that glorious V8. That's their trademark. Getting rid of the V8 is like getting rid of Steve Jobs from Apple (which turned out horrible).
The abomination ship as sailed. RWD normally aspirated M cars with manual transmission were once considered BMW M heritage but they are following the way of the dodo bird. There have been so many heritage lines crossed that what was once considered sacred has become nostalgia.

To use a sports analogy, combustion engines are moving from being starters to bench relief, and soon completely out of the rotation. The 1,700 HP Koenigsegg Gemera will be using a 3-cylinder engine. Follow the advice of many who no longer support manual transmissions - accept the superior technology and move on.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2020, 01:56 PM   #28
Keebin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
I'm on my 5th BMW, including 2 M4's and have done 4 EDs. I've become good friends with my sales guy over the years and cars. Overall, I love the brand (at least what the brand was when I got my first BMW), cars and certainly the ED experience. My M4 lease is up in August. I never thought I'd leave BMW, however, the new mongo grilles on the 4 (hopefully they are less hideous in person) along with discontinuation of the ED program have gotten me looking around. The C63 AMG seems like a great alternative and so far they still offer ED and still a 7% discount. I know some C63s are made in Alabama (they are moving elsewhere I read?) and some in Germany so I think you can do ED on them? (yes, this post is slightly fishing for info if anyone has MB smarts)

Unfortunately MB is moving from a V8 that we all miss on the M's to a hybrid 4 cylinder that should put out over 500hp, yet not sound anywhere near as cool. I was admittedly a bit embarrassed in my M4 when a kid asked me to rev it in a parking lot one day. Sorry kid, that's all the noise my car will make. Love the car and the better gas mileage, but that V8 sure sounded cool.

I looked at Audi, but their grilles are huge too and the S5 just seems rather boxy in appearance. Porsche get expensive really quickly with just adding a few things. If I can do a 7% discount ED the C63 will be cheaper than my M and I get the ED experience I love to boot!

Anyone else looking at the C63's?
The sedans are made in Tuscaloosa Alabama and in the coupes are made Stuttgart along with south Africa.

I own both cars 2015 f80 and 2017 c63 sedan.
First thing c63 it sounds amazing on startup vs my f80 with M performance exhaust.
I love the way the car looks the front end is so aggressive on the c63
C63 is better daily imo..
I love the low end torque and how the v8 sounds + turbo spool.
The suspension on the c63 is oddly stiff lol.
my f80 is been pretty much converted to a track car that i still love driving to office everyday pre covid.
Mercedes had to move away from v8's because of EU regulations with emissions and noise complaints. The head of AMG has stated if you love your v8 AMG its best to buy it now and enjoy it because they will be going away.

i think its pretty cool that Affalterbach is creating some of the craziest 4 banger hybrids. i mean we are pretty much getting AMG project 1 /f1 technology in a sub 90k car. No one complains about the p1gtr or the or the Koenigsegg Germera that 3 Cylinders making over 1000hp. This is the future and i love how engine has evolved to work with electric drivetrain. lets be real are m3/4 sounds like dookie lol no matter what you do.. unless you spend god knows how much on a single turbo kit and equal length exhaust set up.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 09:52 AM   #29
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

There's nothing wrong with buying an MB or Audi. I always laugh when people are glued to one brand - it's like - how much did BMW pay you to stick with their brand? Oh, what that's right, you're paying THEM! Just get the car you like at the time you're looking. I've owned all three brands, and they all have their own pluses and minuses.
snareman9038.50
minn1914012.00
      06-19-2020, 01:07 PM   #30
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

BMW is making me consider anything but a BMW :

Why they would do this is beyond me.

4 EDs, 1 PCD, ///M school and many many BMWs. I am considering leaving the brand altogether after these leases are up.

OP I love ED also and have been contemplating one for a Merc in the future. I will most Likely grab a CPO 911 for myself and try for an ED on the GLC for the wife in 2 years. That's if Merc doesn't axe their ED program.

I just can't do the beaver car. I'm sure it will be a fast Audi/Lexus but then why wouldn't I just pickup one of those?
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25064.00
      06-20-2020, 01:41 PM   #31
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post

4 EDs, 1 PCD, ///M school and many many BMWs. I am considering leaving the brand altogether after these leases are up.

OP I love ED also and have been contemplating one for a Merc in the future. I will most Likely grab a CPO 911 for myself and try for an ED on the GLC for the wife in 2 years. That's if Merc doesn't axe their ED program.

I just can't do the beaver car. I'm sure it will be a fast Audi/Lexus but then why wouldn't I just pickup one of those?
That's about my exact stats as well. I did a PCD/M School combo when I got my first M4 back from ED.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 01:58 PM   #32
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post

That's about my exact stats as well. I did a PCD/M School combo when I got my first M4 back from ED.
I never thought I would see the day that the wife and I would contemplate leaving the brand. It's been a long run but nothing lasts forever.

I think they should have continued with ED and making Beautiful cars but unfortunately that's not going to happen. Instead we get this trash.

The F82 is such an amazing pretty car with awesome performance. The first time I saw the car I knew I had to have it. The G8x renders/spy shots have me throwing up in my mouth. Terrible.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25064.00
      06-20-2020, 03:12 PM   #33
HyeM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Totally agree that a 4 Cyl is a complete abomination to the AMG name, but if there's one thing Mercedes is good at it's making great sounding cars (at least in my opinion). If they're ballsy enough to ditch the V8 I'm thinking they'll at least have a decent exhaust note to make up for it. And heck maybe it'll help those cars loose a couple/few hundred lbs and handle significantly better. A guy can only hope...

Also apparently Lexus is developing a TT V8 in their next gen F models so maybe they'll have something exciting to offer everyone
Appreciate 1
MGF8262.50
      06-20-2020, 08:50 PM   #34
bsmf8x
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeM3 View Post
Totally agree that a 4 Cyl is a complete abomination to the AMG name, but if there's one thing Mercedes is good at it's making great sounding cars (at least in my opinion). If they're ballsy enough to ditch the V8 I'm thinking they'll at least have a decent exhaust note to make up for it. And heck maybe it'll help those cars loose a couple/few hundred lbs and handle significantly better. A guy can only hope...

Also apparently Lexus is developing a TT V8 in their next gen F models so maybe they'll have something exciting to offer everyone
Yeah, but the 2019+ c63 has some filter (in the US as well) that makes it sound like shit.

Throttle house said the F82 m4 comp sounds better than a stock c63 which is crazy to even think about.

Filters can be removed but my point is AMG May be taking a step back in terms of exhaust.

Also, if op is leasing he should know M leasing is way better than AMG. I understand that people buying these cars aren't exactly tight on money, but if you give a shit about finances an 850/month m4 competition is the move over a 1300/ month c63 that would probably have a bigger upfront payment and the m4 has free maintenance.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 09:07 PM   #35
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdrdf82 View Post
Quote:

Yeah, but the 2019+ c63 has some filter (in the US as well) that makes it sound like shit.

Throttle house said the F82 m4 comp sounds better than a stock c63 which is crazy to even think about.

Filters can be removed but my point is AMG May be taking a step back in terms of exhaust.

Also, if op is leasing he should know M leasing is way better than AMG. I understand that people buying these cars aren't exactly tight on money, but if you give a shit about finances an 850/month m4 competition is the move over a 1300/ month c63 that would probably have a bigger upfront payment and the m4 has free maintenance.
Even with the filters C63 sounds better than M3/4.
      06-21-2020, 04:11 AM   #36
HyeM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Honestly I'm not sure what you're talking about because I just looked up 2019+ exhaust notes on YouTube and it basically sounds the same? If anything if may be a little bit quieter but overall it's still that same exhaust note. Do you have any links you can share to show what you're talking about?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 07:58 AM   #37
bsmf8x
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Honestly I'm not sure what you're talking about because I just looked up 2019+ exhaust notes on YouTube and it basically sounds the same? If anything if may be a little bit quieter but overall it's still that same exhaust note. Do you have any links you can share to show what you're talking about?

This is autovlog, one of the biggest C63 youtubers who had one stage 2 but sold it.

Throttle house has a M4 VS c63 review as well where they describe it.

I have friends with the 2017 and Ik people who test drove the 2019 and in person there's a massive difference supposedly. 2017 with Performance exhaust sounds perfect and loud and aggressive doesn't need anything to it tbh. 2019 would sound good with exhaust work (Bc same motor), but usually Benz owners aren't as likely to put in work like we are lol.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 11:28 AM   #38
HyeM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

This is autovlog, one of the biggest C63 youtubers who had one stage 2 but sold it.

Throttle house has a M4 VS c63 review as well where they describe it.

I have friends with the 2017 and Ik people who test drove the 2019 and in person there's a massive difference supposedly. 2017 with Performance exhaust sounds perfect and loud and aggressive doesn't need anything to it tbh. 2019 would sound good with exhaust work (Bc same motor), but usually Benz owners aren't as likely to put in work like we are lol.
Gotcha thank you now I know what you're talking about. I wouldn't say the car sounds like crap though, it's just less aggressive and dumbed down. If I had to guess they probably had to do that because of emission regulations. They probably figured it would be a better move to develop an aggressive 4 cyl to put in there instead of having to dumb down the V8 more and more every year. So there's still hope for this, but if regulations force them to dumb down the 4 cyl as well then they're doomed haha
Appreciate 1
bsmf8x777.00
      06-21-2020, 01:46 PM   #39
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

The C63S leases horribly. Or maybe I'm a bad negotiator, probably a little bit of both lol.

When I leased my C43 I wanted a C63S but the best I could do was $1200 / monthly / $3K down. 36 month lease with 12k miles a year. Sticker price on that car was around $94K if I remember correctly. This was at Mercedes of Gilbert in Phoenix metro
Appreciate 1
paliknight2191.50
      06-21-2020, 04:35 PM   #40
bsmf8x
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyga11 View Post
The C63S leases horribly. Or maybe I'm a bad negotiator, probably a little bit of both lol.

When I leased my C43 I wanted a C63S but the best I could do was $1200 / monthly / $3K down. 36 month lease with 12k miles a year. Sticker price on that car was around $94K if I remember correctly. This was at Mercedes of Gilbert in Phoenix metro
I know people who pay even more. 63's lease like shit.

43's you can get deals on though, I almost got one but thank god I ended up getting this. (C43)
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 05:41 PM   #41
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyga11 View Post

Definitely not you. That's actually a relatively great lease deal for a Mercedes. Compared to BMW it's utter shit. I can literally lease an M5C for that or less.

I was also considering a Mercedes for my mom but after comparing the X5 and GLE it was an obvious choice. Mercedes charges ridiculous prices for options. Definitely using Porsche's playbook.

BMW is definitely unique in balancing luxury, refinement, value and affordability in a way no other German manufacturer can.