European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

12-05-2023, 01:18 PM   #1
Ryne
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F83 M4

Broken Fuel Injector Clip Options

TLDR: I broke the fuel injector clip. Is there a way to replace the plastic clip without replacing the otherwise good injector?

I was working on replacing my valve cover and while unclipping the fuel injectors, one of the clips broke.

I am wondering if anyone is familiar with any options besides replacing the whole fuel injector before I go that route. Maybe I would get very lucky and that plastic clip piece is replaceable. Seems unlikely though. I have 72k on the car, and am wondering if there is any point in replacing them all if I must go that route or if replacing 1 makes sense.

I did try and use a plastic adhesive, and while decent, I wasn't thrilled with the result.

I didn't find anything searching, so that may be the answer. If I must go the replacement route, I see that coding isn't required, but am just unclear on how to "reset the adaptations".

Thanks for any help/insight.

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2024, 12:12 PM   #2
mkdean
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 320i

Did the same thing to my N20 when I was replacing my valve cover. I don’t see a good way to zip tie it. Curious if you ended up replacing the fuel injectors. Any help would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 01:28 PM   #3
b_w.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

i think replacing the injector is your only option.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 03:56 PM   #4
Ryne
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkdean View Post
Did the same thing to my N20 when I was replacing my valve cover. I don’t see a good way to zip tie it. Curious if you ended up replacing the fuel injectors. Any help would be appreciated!
I ended up replacing the entire injector assembly. After removing it, I did not see any other option. I purchased an OEM lightly used one off eBay ($24) and swapped it in directly without any coding required and no issues. I did buy a brand new OEM O ring ($6) for the tip and injector seal ($15) to ensure leak free fitment. I wanted them to be all OEM and matching age so this seemed like the best path forward. I was able to get everything for about $45. Hopefully this helps.
Appreciate 0