proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

05-17-2019, 11:10 PM   #45
pablowbr
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayaya View Post
The splitters don't fit with the front lip, pick one send me the other haha.
Well if you want the replica splitters I'm probably gonna sell them if I manage to take the off without damaging them
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 11:55 PM   #46
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

^^ I think that area is suppose to tuck under the stock bumper a little. It could be the angle of your pics but something is def off.

I guess if you take a pic of how it lines up with the front wheel well there would be no confusion. The lip is suppose to line up perfectly there.

all oem setup installed correctly

Yours (the middle mounting point on yours is right at the edge of the mouth when it should be recessed just slightly.

Last edited by Alan l.; 05-18-2019 at 12:14 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2019, 09:48 AM   #47
mpls_M3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18' F80

So after closer inspection, it seems like the BULBXPERT splitters will NOT work with the OEM M performance lip. I compared the pictures from the OP vs OEM splitters and the OEM splitters extend further out.

BULBXPERT (EBAY) SPLITTERS

OEM SPLITTER

BULBXPERT (EBAY) SPLITTER

OEM SPLITTER

I will return my eBay ones and have RW carbon ones on the way

Last edited by mpls_M3; 05-19-2019 at 09:54 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2019, 06:59 PM   #48
pablowbr
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihazvtak View Post
So after closer inspection, it seems like the BULBXPERT splitters will NOT work with the OEM M performance lip. I compared the pictures from the OP vs OEM splitters and the OEM splitters extend further out.

BULBXPERT (EBAY) SPLITTERS

OEM SPLITTER

BULBXPERT (EBAY) SPLITTER

OEM SPLITTER

I will return my eBay ones and have RW carbon ones on the way
Yep that's what I figured. Bummer that I can't return the eBay ones as I already installed them... gonna be a pain in the ass to remove them and fit the RW carbon ones but oh well. Thanks for the detailed pictures!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2019, 07:03 PM   #49
tebbnsx
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Just roll with it bro. It’s not that big of a deal.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 12:57 PM   #50
lookitsapples
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablowbr View Post
Well if you want the replica splitters I'm probably gonna sell them if I manage to take the off without damaging them
Oh god, I have the same exact splitters from bulbxpert and was about to put on the OEM lip. I'm trying to think of the best way to remove them but I put a lot of double sided tape, any luck removing yours yet?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 03:44 PM   #51
pablowbr
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookitsapples View Post
Quote:
Oh god, I have the same exact splitters from bulbxpert and was about to put on the OEM lip. I'm trying to think of the best way to remove them but I put a lot of double sided tape, any luck removing yours yet?
I honestly don't really know if I can remove them without breaking them. I put a lot of double sided tape too and I'm not sure what the best way to take them off is. I tried fishing line but the line was cutting into the splitter, so I'm going to try again and hopefully not break anything
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 01:04 PM   #52
lookitsapples
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I honestly don't really know if I can remove them without breaking them. I put a lot of double sided tape too and I'm not sure what the best way to take them off is. I tried fishing line but the line was cutting into the splitter, so I'm going to try again and hopefully not break anything
I actually brought it to a body shop and they couldn't figure it out either. I think I'll try just blasting it with a heat gun to yank it off and if that doesn't work the only thing I can think of is getting a dremel tool to cut through the splitter so at least i have room to peel it off the front bumper. damn it

Last edited by lookitsapples; 05-22-2019 at 01:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 07:10 AM   #53
cionide
Second Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookitsapples View Post
I would try using fishing line or something and sliding it back and forth to get the tape off, but yeah it's gonna be hard. Even harder wtih teh OEM ones, they glue them on...
      06-09-2019, 08:15 PM   #54
lookitsapples
Private First Class
Rep

Ahh I was able to get it off with a heat gun and the plastic interior pry tools that has a hook shape
Appreciate 0