European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Yesterday, 12:03 PM   #375
Bumpinjeep
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mac View Post
Iím not sure I follow. Some of us purists prefer a manual. What is false about that statement? - I know a ton of people who did the conversion on the e46 M3 and they think itís the greatest thing since sliced bread.
There are people out there that have never driven a manual gearbox in a car and try to convince others and more importantly, themselves, that a car with an automatic transmission is just as engaging.
      Yesterday, 01:26 PM   #376
drgmt
Major
Rep
Drives: M4 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW4LYF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlee View Post
the exhaust note is amazing.
I stopped reading after this ^^^
Exhaust note is subjective. Some people love the rasp.

It's not my cup of tea but friends I drive day with love it. Go figure.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:14 PM   #377
frankiebones
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
I think the chassis, ESP, and M Diff tuning are easily ignored in the CS, and this video nails it. As soon as I drove the CS I knew it was how the F80 was supposed to perform in the first place. It was a dramatic improvement over the non-ZCP for sure, and slightly improved even still over the ZCP. Price notwithstanding, it's such a great car and its a. Dry fun car to toss around.
I test drove the CS (it almost immediately starting hailing) and really wanted to hate it because I have never owned an automatic trans. In 4 miles of test driving it I was BLOWN away and immediately signed the lease. I could not BELIEVE the steering input and overall sense of control I had over the car. I also could not believe this was the same chassis I had put 50k miles on.

My initial fascination with the DCT has perhaps subsided after 2,200 miles and 2 months (it is a much better match for the car). However, I do not regret the decision to get the CS, not even the tiniest bit.

Interestingly (to me at least), for the first 1,000 miles I drove the car almost exclusively in manual mode. Now, I dont even bother, I just let the car shift itself...it does a fantastic job.
jmg6150.00