GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-23-2017, 12:10 PM   #133
bimmer456
Brigadier General
1504
Rep
4,401
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Pasadena, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overpar56 View Post
I was at my dealer last week looking at a CPO 2015 M3 with 27k miles with about one year left on the 4/50k. Rep mentioned the one year/unlimited miles on the CPO. Figuring I drive about 10k per year, Iíd never get to the unlimited miles or even close by 2019. The rep made it sound so great!

Unless I buy a new BMW, most likely Iíll move on to some other brand. My 1er is starting to get weird electrical gremlins and thereís less than one year left in my CPO.
BMW warranties are starting to suck unless you pay $$.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 03:11 PM   #134
bimmer456
Brigadier General
1504
Rep
4,401
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Pasadena, CA

iTrader: (0)

The strategy now is to get a newer car, less than 2 years old but the mileage is not that important. That way you'll have maybe 4 years with unlimited miles. Any word on how this affects CPO Elite cars? The low mileage CPOs had a 75k total warranty vs. 100K for normal mileage cars. Now that it's unlimited miles how does this work? Maybe it's a shorter term of 6 months after the New Vehicle warranty instead of 1 year?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 05:44 PM   #135
alex2364
Major
alex2364's Avatar
United_States
714
Rep
1,402
Posts

Drives: 2017 M4 ZCP
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Northern VA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2017 BMW M4  [0.00]
Just buy a new car and use Geico’s mechanical breakdown coverage.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 07:48 AM   #136
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
F30lolz's Avatar
United_States
2288
Rep
1,771
Posts

Drives: 09 335i/11 CTS Coupe/15 320i
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 CTS Coupe  [0.00]
2015 320i  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Yup, I’m that guy for bumping an old thread rather than starting a new one. On the BMWUSA website I read:

Additional plans are available to extend your vehicle's coverage up to a total of 6 years with unlimited miles.

Has anyone gotten estimates from either BMWUSA and/or their dealers on the cost for the 6th year/unlimited mileage? I would assume this would have to be purchased right before the actual 5th year of coverage ends.

Thanks in advance
__________________
Current 09 335i M Performance/11 CTS Coupe/15 320i
Past e28 528e's/e34's 525-535/e39's 525-528-M5/e46 325xi/e84 x1 xDrive 35i/13' Mustang/F30 328i
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 09:59 AM   #137
bimmer456
Brigadier General
1504
Rep
4,401
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Pasadena, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Yup, I'm that guy for bumping an old thread rather than starting a new one. On the BMWUSA website I read:

Additional plans are available to extend your vehicle's coverage up to a total of 6 years with unlimited miles.

Has anyone gotten estimates from either BMWUSA and/or their dealers on the cost for the 6th year/unlimited mileage? I would assume this would have to be purchased right before the actual 5th year of coverage ends.

Thanks in advance
I would get quotes from multiple dealers. This is total years from date of original in service date for the first owner. It is unlimited miles so it is in someways better than the original warranty though CPO has deductible and doesn't cover everything the original warranty covers though you can also sign up to cover more items.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 10:22 AM   #138
Fast4d
Captain
235
Rep
828
Posts

Drives: 325
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: So cal

iTrader: (0)

you want the warranty to be long enough to get at least one electric water pump ;-)
__________________
SAFE-GUARD tire/wheel/windshield/paint protection is a FRAUD! do not waste your money!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 02:22 PM   #139
OUGrad05
Lieutenant
202
Rep
477
Posts

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2015 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Yup, Iím that guy for bumping an old thread rather than starting a new one. On the BMWUSA website I read:

Additional plans are available to extend your vehicle's coverage up to a total of 6 years with unlimited miles.

Has anyone gotten estimates from either BMWUSA and/or their dealers on the cost for the 6th year/unlimited mileage? I would assume this would have to be purchased right before the actual 5th year of coverage ends.

Thanks in advance
Yes but there's some oddity to their renewals. For example, I was sent a quote by my local dealer to add two additional years of coverage for $1,080 needless to say I felt this was a good deal, I asked for additional detail and noticed the wording. After clarifying in my case it's only an additional year for $1,080, not the two because of the way my CPO ends at yr5.
__________________
2015 335i M-Sport
2014 X3 XDrive 28i M-Sport
2013 FR-S
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 02:49 PM   #140
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
F30lolz's Avatar
United_States
2288
Rep
1,771
Posts

Drives: 09 335i/11 CTS Coupe/15 320i
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 CTS Coupe  [0.00]
2015 320i  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
I would get quotes from multiple dealers. This is total years from date of original in service date for the first owner. It is unlimited miles so it is in someways better than the original warranty though CPO has deductible and doesn't cover everything the original warranty covers though you can also sign up to cover more items.
Waiting on a buddy of mine who works at a dealer out in CO Springs for a quote, plus I have to call my local dealer for one as well. My CPO is about to kick in and expires 7/31/20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast4d View Post
you want the warranty to be long enough to get at least one electric water pump ;-)
Haha. What is the average lifespan of a N20/N26 WP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUGrad05 View Post
Yes but there's some oddity to their renewals. For example, I was sent a quote by my local dealer to add two additional years of coverage for $1,080 needless to say I felt this was a good deal, I asked for additional detail and noticed the wording. After clarifying in my case it's only an additional year for $1,080, not the two because of the way my CPO ends at yr5.
Still, IMHO $1,080 for an extra year of unlimited mileage warranty thatís not bad. Did you decide against purchasing?
__________________
Current 09 335i M Performance/11 CTS Coupe/15 320i
Past e28 528e's/e34's 525-535/e39's 525-528-M5/e46 325xi/e84 x1 xDrive 35i/13' Mustang/F30 328i
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 02:55 PM   #141
OUGrad05
Lieutenant
202
Rep
477
Posts

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2015 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Waiting on a buddy of mine who works at a dealer out in CO Springs for a quote, plus I have to call my local dealer for one as well. My CPO is about to kick in and expires 7/31/20.



Haha. What is the average lifespan of a N20/N26 WP?



Still, IMHO $1,080 for an extra year of unlimited mileage warranty thatís not bad. Did you decide against purchasing?
It's CPO warranty so there's things not covered. I haven't decided yet, my coverage lapses in Oct. If I can't find something else to drive by then, I might buy another year. Hard to do that though when you know how well the vehicle has been taken care of. It's in good shape and I do oil changes halfway through the maintenance minder interval...I dunno what I'll do.
__________________
2015 335i M-Sport
2014 X3 XDrive 28i M-Sport
2013 FR-S
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 04:36 PM   #142
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
F30lolz's Avatar
United_States
2288
Rep
1,771
Posts

Drives: 09 335i/11 CTS Coupe/15 320i
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 CTS Coupe  [0.00]
2015 320i  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUGrad05 View Post
It's CPO warranty so there's things not covered. I haven't decided yet, my coverage lapses in Oct. If I can't find something else to drive by then, I might buy another year. Hard to do that though when you know how well the vehicle has been taken care of. It's in good shape and I do oil changes halfway through the maintenance minder interval...I dunno what I'll do.
If you donít mind, please PM me the dealer who quoted you that rate as I was quoted $2800 retail but would be given to me at Ďdiscountí for $2k. Otherwise no worries as Iíll keep shopping around. Iíll be driving this 320i to the ground.
__________________
Current 09 335i M Performance/11 CTS Coupe/15 320i
Past e28 528e's/e34's 525-535/e39's 525-528-M5/e46 325xi/e84 x1 xDrive 35i/13' Mustang/F30 328i
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 04:58 PM   #143
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
1303
Rep
2,156
Posts

Drives: Porsche Macan Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: DC area

iTrader: (0)

I loved my 135is and really was considering an X4 M40i to replace it. I saw that CPO prices were nearly $20k less than new but was disappointed in the CPO warranty.

When I started looking at the Macan, Porsche tacks on an additional two years unlimited miles. Plus, even if you donít buy a used Porsche from a Porsche dealer, if it meets criteria, you can get an extended warranty through them for up to ten years of the vehicles age. There may be other choices but at least itís an option.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2019, 09:41 AM   #144
Fast4d
Captain
235
Rep
828
Posts

Drives: 325
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: So cal

iTrader: (0)

last three vehicles my wife drove X5 4.4, X5 4.8 and X3 2.8 all had dead WPs around 70-80k. CPO deductible is $50?

my beater 2006 325i is a unicorn. original WP at 114k
__________________
SAFE-GUARD tire/wheel/windshield/paint protection is a FRAUD! do not waste your money!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 10:32 AM   #145
TheMidnightNarwhal
Brigadier General
TheMidnightNarwhal's Avatar
Canada
782
Rep
3,324
Posts

Drives: 2011 335is 6 speed
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Gatineau, Quebec

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Wow......

My Z4M really might be my last BMW, unless of course I get another one of them.

Doesn't bother me as much as it would have awhile back. The Americans are making some kickass, amazing cars now.
Looks like you fell in love with the M4 uh haha
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 10:45 AM   #146
happyjack
Private First Class
happyjack's Avatar
United_States
128
Rep
127
Posts

Drives: '15 F22 x-drive sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: old line state

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
If you don’t mind, please PM me the dealer who quoted you that rate as I was quoted $2800 retail but would be given to me at ‘discount’ for $2k. Otherwise no worries as I’ll keep shopping around. I’ll be driving this 320i to the ground.
i paid the same $2K price for the 2-year unlimited mileage CPO warranty on my 2015 CPO F22 when i purchased in nov 2017. i also paid $1800 for the 6-yr 100K maintenance plan since i'm a high-mileage driver. i've only paid for tires in the 18 months that ive owned the car. no others issues aside from regular maintenance, which i'm doing about every 3 months. rear brakes will be the next big ticket item at my next service.
__________________
my garage: '15 F22 x-drive coupe sport line, '17 F25 x-drive28i SAV, '09 E91 x-drive wagon, '06 E90 x-drive sedan
previous rides: '87 E30 MT convertible, '92 E36 sedan, '99 E36 MT convertible, '07 E83 x-drive30 SAV, '12 E89 Z4 s-drive28i MT M-sport,
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 10:47 AM   #147
NickyC
Brigadier General
NickyC's Avatar
3949
Rep
4,929
Posts

Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere I don't want to be

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
Looks like you fell in love with the M4 uh haha
I only bought one because I was concerned about my Z4M with the S54! It wound up being a good move though, I absolutely love my M4. I do miss the top down driving of the Z4M, and if I had confidence in the S54 I never would sold it. The Z4M is still a fantastic machine, dare say maybe my favorite car I've ever owned?

I just wanted some peace of mind with a warranty etc. Here's a pic of my current car, it's definitely my favorite car next to the Z4M. It's a modern day MKIV Supra in my opinion.

Appreciate 1
      05-07-2019, 11:00 AM   #148
TheMidnightNarwhal
Brigadier General
TheMidnightNarwhal's Avatar
Canada
782
Rep
3,324
Posts

Drives: 2011 335is 6 speed
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Gatineau, Quebec

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
I only bought one because I was concerned about my Z4M with the S54! It wound up being a good move though, I absolutely love my M4. I do miss the top down driving of the Z4M, and if I had confidence in the S54 I never would sold it. The Z4M is still a fantastic machine, dare say maybe my favorite car I've ever owned?

I just wanted some peace of mind with a warranty etc. Here's a pic of my current car, it's definitely my favorite car next to the Z4M. It's a modern day MKIV Supra in my opinion.

Haha I get you, a M4 is probably my next car as well in ~ 4 years. Probably be out of warranty then but it seems to be "bulletprrof" overall! I don't have a vert, still a sunroof, I think that is something I would miss alot to.

And oh my wooooow, YMB is my top color choice! So nice!! The M only colors are so beautiful
Appreciate 1
NickyC3948.50

      05-07-2019, 11:04 AM   #149
NickyC
Brigadier General
NickyC's Avatar
3949
Rep
4,929
Posts

Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere I don't want to be

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
Haha I get you, a M4 is probably my next car as well in ~ 4 years. Probably be out of warranty then but it seems to be "bulletprrof" overall! I don't have a vert, still a sunroof, I think that is something I would miss alot to.

And oh my wooooow, YMB is my top color choice! So nice!! The M only colors are so beautiful
I can't recommend the car enough! It's an amazing machine, and people just looooove it. Constant compliments about the color etc. Just make sure to get a nice color like YMB, it really sets off the car!

That rear end isn't too bad either.

Appreciate 1
      05-10-2019, 11:18 AM   #150
CLABRO
THUNDER UP!
CLABRO's Avatar
United_States
130
Rep
156
Posts

Drives: BMW M Sport G30
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
I would get quotes from multiple dealers. This is total years from date of original in service date for the first owner. It is unlimited miles so it is in someways better than the original warranty though CPO has deductible and doesn't cover everything the original warranty covers though you can also sign up to cover more items.
Just to make sure we're on the same page.

BMW is hoping people think their CPO means 5 years/unlimited miles or 6 years/unlimited miles (if pay extra).

Yes, it's 5 total years (or 6 years if paid extra) from original in service date, but the unlimited miles part is only for 1 year though or up to 2 years if you pay extra. The CPO unlimited miles only starts once your new car 48 months/50,000 miles (whichever comes first) is up. So it's really only unlimited miles once your regular new car warranty expires and that would begin on the 1st day of the 49th month or when the car hits 50,001 miles and then only lasts for 1 year or up to 2 if you pay extra.

Most people aren't putting more than 15,000 miles on a car in 1 year or 30,000 miles on a car in 2 years so the CPO say for me for example, If I got one (I drive 12k miles/year), would be 1 year/12k miles or 2 years/24k miles which is what BMW is hoping for (that you don't drive it more than the average 15k/year). But it sounds far better to tell people, "Our CPO program is 1 year/unlimited miles or 2 year/unlimited miles."
__________________

G30 l Alpine White l M Sport Package l Executive Tier l Icon Adaptive Full LED Headlights l Mocha Nappa Leather l Multi-Contour Seats l Drivers Assistance Package l Drivers Assistance Plus Package l Dynamic Handling Package l Parking Assistance Package l Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System l M Sport Brakes l Apple Carplay
Appreciate 2
      05-10-2019, 03:00 PM   #151
lucho831
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2019
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Well explained Clabro. Wish the CPO was an additional 2 years after the 4yrs or 50k miles.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST