proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

05-09-2019, 03:55 PM   #1
DadVibes
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 CS

Garage List
Looking for specific CF front bumper lower 'grill' accents

I just recently picked up a '17 M3. While I love everything about the car, I'm looking to even out the CF rear diffuser and CF roof with a little CF flare on the front bumper. However, I'm hoping to achieve this without going with a full lower lip, for the sake of ground clearance. I'm also not a big fan of the CF lower side side splitters, like these...

I know I'm being pretty specific, but for the Audi's, ECS tuning offers CF lower grill accents which provide a nice little CF touch to the upper section of the side vents. I've done some searching around and haven't found anything similar for the F80/F82 M3/M4. However, before I give up, I'm hoping someone may have something in mind, that I've been unable to locate in searches.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about for the Audi's:

And a link to the product:
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...018360ecs01kt/

I'd love to find something very similar to this, which covers the area highlighted below. Please excuse my superb MS Paint skills.

I know this likely doesn't exist and may not be everyone's cup of tea. But if anyone can point me in the right direction to possibly find the part that will fit my admittedly odd specific need, I'd really appreciate it.
      05-09-2019, 04:09 PM   #2
DadVibes
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Not exactly what I'm looking for but man, that site has a treasure trove of other random accessories I now want, as well.
      05-09-2019, 07:05 PM   #3
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

Nothing like that on the market yet but I like the idea!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2019, 07:22 PM   #4
DadVibes
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Yeah, I'm a fan of the look. It's a long shot but I'm going to reach out to ECS Tuning to see if they would consider making something like this for the F80 M3/M4.
      05-10-2019, 06:17 PM   #5
DadVibes
Captain
Rep

Garage List
I reached out to ECS Tuning about creating something just like this for the F8X M3/M4.

Just received a positive response...

"Hey Kevin,

We are currently under going Heavy R&D on the F80. We are approaching the end of phase one (intake, Exhaust, ETC..) Power hungry mods. We already began phase 2 (Aesthetics). With some time I can say we will have something similar, but good news is we are working on it! Stay tuned to social media to be the first to know when new products are released!

Let us know if you have any questions or concerns -
Cheers -Mike B"

My past experiences with ECS Tuning have been nothing but superb. So I'm excited to see that they are looking to give more attention to the F8X cars. And if they create this specific product, I'll be a very happy camper.
Appreciate 0