European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

04-06-2015, 02:51 PM   #23
PJD_F80
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 X5D, '15 M3 TanzBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falafel Combo View Post
Mmmmmmmmmmmama!!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself!!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 02:52 PM   #24
PJD_F80
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico View Post
great looking car...congrats! Anymore pics of the side profile?
Thank you, here is another
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-06-2015, 03:08 PM   #25
csbear
Major
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Thanks for the great pics! I have been going back and forth between Tanzanite or AB.... These might have sealed the deal!

Not easy to find either color on the streets or even the dealers, so pics are always appreciated.

Silverstone interior I assume? (Not Opal)

Last edited by csbear; 04-06-2015 at 03:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 03:16 PM   #26
rr006rbc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M440i GC

DAMN! Making me kinda wish I didn't order Mineral Grey!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 03:18 PM   #27
csbear
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
love this color more and more each time I see it. depending on what color options are available for 2016, I might have to pick TB.
Totally agree. Curious for the new colors, but for now Tanz or AY are my favorites.

Would SO interior work with Tanzanite exterior?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 03:20 PM   #28
Arcoril
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 C2S, AP2 S2000

Thanks for the pictures!

Tanzanite is on my short list, but I'm curious about the flake. Most of the Tanzanite shots I see make the paint look a lot like Imperial Blue in that it's a very dark blue and almost flat with very little flake even on sunny days. Then in other shots the paint has incredible depth with a ton of flake.

Does it take the perfect combination of lighting and angle to see all the flake? It almost seems like people have a difficult time waiting for the perfect conditions to photograph the paint in all its glory. Nearly all of the casual shots I've seen of Tanzanite have it looking almost like a dark, flat paint.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 03:28 PM   #29
csbear
Major
Rep

In OPs pics it seems that he has some variety of lighting. Low outside light, artificial garage lighting, and sunny outside. Inside a garage it looks a deep purple and in the sun it turns to a true blue, but I see what you are saying. It is tough to convey this paint on images.

BMW did call Azurite Black for a reason... It is more on the black side. And Tanzanite Blue is definitely more on the blue side, although both colors are pretty dark.

Regardless, I love these pics!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 03:42 PM   #30
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJD_F80 View Post
Thank you, here is another
that's the best shot yet. thanks for the pics!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 03:50 PM   #31
PJD_F80
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcoril View Post
Thanks for the pictures!

Tanzanite is on my short list, but I'm curious about the flake. Most of the Tanzanite shots I see make the paint look a lot like Imperial Blue in that it's a very dark blue and almost flat with very little flake even on sunny days. Then in other shots the paint has incredible depth with a ton of flake.

Does it take the perfect combination of lighting and angle to see all the flake? It almost seems like people have a difficult time waiting for the perfect conditions to photograph the paint in all its glory. Nearly all of the casual shots I've seen of Tanzanite have it looking almost like a dark, flat paint.
I understand the dilema I wish you could see it in person, it's far from Imperial Blue, but I get that based on the pics. The ones in the Sunlight show off the flakes the best and to me, most accurate. In the Dark, its more like a saturated rich blue but not imperial blue at all. I'm a CA for Rallye BMW and the techs and fellow CA's have told me how they've never seen a color quite like it and we have a ton of Imperial Blue and Deep Sea Blue cars here. I had two Carbon Black cars so Azurite Black was a logical choice. CB and AB are very similar except in the sun where you start to see more of the blue flakes. Once I saw Tanzanite in person it was over. I promise you, if you get this color you will not be dissapointed, but you can't go wrong with Azurite. Azurite didn't "wow" me like the TB did. Let's see what '16 holds, some of my clients have complained about the lack of color options. Maybe I'll find an Imperial Blue car to photograph next to it. It is indeed a hard color to photograph
Appreciate 2
      04-06-2015, 03:52 PM   #32
PJD_F80
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csbear View Post
In OPs pics it seems that he has some variety of lighting. Low outside light, artificial garage lighting, and sunny outside. Inside a garage it looks a deep purple and in the sun it turns to a true blue, but I see what you are saying. It is tough to convey this paint on images.

BMW did call Azurite Black for a reason... It is more on the black side. And Tanzanite Blue is definitely more on the blue side, although both colors are pretty dark.

Regardless, I love these pics!
CSBear, where are you in NJ? If not too far you could always check this out in person, I'm sure there will be some BMW Meets soon. Thanks for the kind words.

Peter
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 03:55 PM   #33
SMC23
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Subaru XTrek / X5 40e

The drop looks perfect. Great looking ride!

Does your car have the adaptive suspension?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 04:00 PM   #34
sA x sKy
Sameet
Bangladesh
Rep
Drives: AY/B M4 '15

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Nice car Peter
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 04:00 PM   #35
Arcoril
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csbear View Post
Oh, absolutely. It's just that even in bright sunlight some of the pictures I've seen still have it looking like Imperial Blue. I'm just wondering if you need sunlight combined with a viewing angle that's just right in order to make the flake pop.

Take this for example:

Bright light with the sun directly overhead, but it's very difficult to make out any flake. I see many sunlight pictures of Tanzanite that look similar to this and I'm just wondering if this is typically how it looks or if I've just seen a bunch of photos that aren't really representative of it.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 04:04 PM   #36
Arcoril
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I understand the dilema I wish you could see it in person, it's far from Imperial Blue, but I get that based on the pics. The ones in the Sunlight show off the flakes the best and to me, most accurate. In the Dark, its more like a saturated rich blue but not imperial blue at all. I'm a CA for Rallye BMW and the techs and fellow CA's have told me how they've never seen a color quite like it and we have a ton of Imperial Blue and Deep Sea Blue cars here. I had two Carbon Black cars so Azurite Black was a logical choice. CB and AB are very similar except in the sun where you start to see more of the blue flakes. Once I saw Tanzanite in person it was over. I promise you, if you get this color you will not be dissapointed, but you can't go wrong with Azurite. Azurite didn't "wow" me like the TB did. Let's see what '16 holds, some of my clients have complained about the lack of color options. Maybe I'll find an Imperial Blue car to photograph next to it. It is indeed a hard color to photograph
Sounds amazing, thanks for the impressions. Pictures are all I've got to go on, but what you're describing is totally what I'm going for. Like in NY, Deep Sea and Imperial are everywhere here. I like them, but I'm really looking for something that's richer. I'm one step closer to Tanzanite now!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 04:04 PM   #37
JonnyM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Moderately Quick

Quote:

Car looks great, maybe we can get some pics together one day comparing the two, I'm in Nassau county
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 04:09 PM   #38
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyM3 View Post
Car looks great, maybe we can get some pics together one day comparing the two, I'm in Nassau county
AB is also at the top of my list, so that would be awesome
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 04:10 PM   #39
Art__Vandelay
Lieutenant Colonel
Croatia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 xDrive

I'm on the fence between Mineral Grey and Tanzanite Blue (I changed my order from MG to TB a few days ago). I'm still not sure about TB, it looks different on almost all pics. On some of them it looks like the flakes make the car look kinda "messy", the part where the light shines is very light but the other parts are pretty dark, don't know how to explain. It seems to be more elegant and classy, but not that sporty, is that correct?

Mineral Grey is a bit boring IMO and I'd prefer if it would be lighter (like Space Grey or Donington Grey) where you can see the lines better (okay this could be similar with Tanzanite Blue though).
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 04:21 PM   #40
catch
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

looks great! awesome colour combo
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 04:23 PM   #41
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croatian test driver View Post
I'm on the fence between Mineral Grey and Tanzanite Blue (I changed my order from MG to TB a few days ago). I'm still not sure about TB, it looks different on almost all pics. On some of them it looks like the flakes make the car look kinda "messy", the part where the light shines is very light but the other parts are pretty dark, don't know how to explain. It seems to be more elegant and classy, but not that sporty, is that correct?

Mineral Grey is a bit boring IMO and I'd prefer if it would be lighter (like Space Grey or Donington Grey) where you can see the lines better (okay this could be similar with Tanzanite Blue though).
you mean like this? I think this is a function of not being washed / waxed, and a bad camera. interested to hear what TB owners think though.

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 04:25 PM   #42
ChrisMT79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3- Alpine White

Wow, looks amazing in that color! I've had deep sea blue twice, and while it was early as nice as yours, still love those blues.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 04:55 PM   #43
herenow
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5M

STUNNING
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 05:30 PM   #44
PJD_F80
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
you mean like this? I think this is a function of not being washed / waxed, and a bad camera. interested to hear what TB owners think though.

Ummm, yikes! This is a function of "all of the above" hopefully my car never looks like that in person or in pictures. Certainly gives you the illusion of Imperial blue, but extra crappy. Not a good representation at all, but this can put doubt in your mind
Appreciate 0