R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

12-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #23
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M3

Dealerships around here haven't opened a waiting list (read: take deposits) since they don't like to treat their customers like fools (that is a quote).. I doubted them but after calling around, indeed the 3 largest dealerships are not taking deposits yet. They only have a "interested in M4" list.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #24
JoeFromPA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 AW M3 6MT Stripper

I've told my CA I'm very interested. Aside from that I don't see the point in reserving my spot. If you are a true BMW fanatic and want to own the first model of every new M3 release, God bless ya and get on that list.

Otherwise, I'll go the old fashioned way and test drive one first and aim to own it well after it first comes out.

Also: Understanding about ED, it seems like doing an ED of an M3 would not steal an allocation from a dealer but would be an un-allocated sale for that dealer. ED might be the best option for an early M3 ownership experience.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #25
Chill72
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10 E92 M3 (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Earl View Post
You guys havent even driven the car yet let alone see it in person and you are buying it? My god BMW will never lose customer base regardless of how bad decisions they make in ///M. They may come up with a diesel or electrical M3 next time and still be on top.
This has been said before, there is no doubt ///M engineers will make this car better in every way. I firmly believe that.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 01:41 PM   #26
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
I've told my CA I'm very interested. Aside from that I don't see the point in reserving my spot. If you are a true BMW fanatic and want to own the first model of every new M3 release, God bless ya and get on that list.

Otherwise, I'll go the old fashioned way and test drive one first and aim to own it well after it first comes out.

Also: Understanding about ED, it seems like doing an ED of an M3 would not steal an allocation from a dealer but would be an un-allocated sale for that dealer. ED might be the best option for an early M3 ownership experience.
I thought we established that the last gen of M3 did come out of allocation, and therefore, will likely continue to be the case.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #27
basscadet
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill72 View Post
This has been said before, there is no doubt ///M engineers will make this car better in every way. I firmly believe that.
I do too.

But I also believe GM and Mercedes are trying even harder.

I'm calling to get on the list today, but I want an escape plan if this car turns out to be a turkey.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #28
jbockrd
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 Alpine White/Carbon M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderv6 View Post
Princeton
That's hilarious I was there 2 weeks ago and the CA told me there was no list and I was crazy!!!!!!!!! I'm number 3 in Doylestown LOL
      12-02-2013, 09:13 PM   #29
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Deposit?

Put my deposit down 8 months ago at #3 spot. I had first E46 & E92s in Oregon and I never regretted it. Deposit is refundable if I were to have a change of heart, but don't think that will happen.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #30
bedensbrook
Grand Air Marshall
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB 6sp ED 10/7/17

Quote:
It may be a better car than the old M3 (I'll debate that but lets get passed it), but what if you dont like it or would prefer another brand over the new model? The new M3 is not the best car in the world and while the previous model could be to your liking the new model may not be. The fact that you put yourself on some hypothetical waiting list before seeing or driving the new car is just wrong on so many levels.

Not to mention by showing how desperate and weak to your dealership you most likely guarantee paying MSRP if not even over it. They have you in their pocket, good luck negotiating.
If there were only one BMW dealer, I would agree with your contention that negotiating would be difficult. But there are many dealers, and zero cost for asking questions about getting on a waiting list. And, of course, zero cost for walking away from a negotiation that is going poorly. Seems to me it is the dealers who are selling a commodity, and their pricing power is somewhat limited because they know they have competition from other BMW dealerships.

We all have different reasons for choosing to be an "early adopter". For me, I am interested in having a unique experience and, on paper, the M4 is the right vehicle. Add to that ED in my wife's native country, visiting family and driving the Ring...priceless. I would much prefer to test drive first (heck, I can't even find a 435 stick to test drive), but may not have a chance to do so before the European wedding we're attending in July.

Based upon what I've read about the M4, I suspect BMW has created another very capable performance vehicle; they've already earned my trust based upon my past experiences. And that is why, even if I negotiate a great price, I will still be willing to pay far more for a BMW than a Kia (not to pick on Kia). And, yes, I may even do it sight unseen.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #31
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoggm3 View Post
I'm #1 for an M3 in Harrisburg. If I don't like it, I'll get my money back and put it down on an S6 for about the same money. (Please, hold the "different class" criticisms. I tire of explaining my logic to folks who don't care anyway.)
I kind of understand this...I'm wavering between a F Type, M3, a motorbike, a M5, and some other cars. I could live with any of them, so I'm just going to test drive them all.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2013, 06:28 AM   #32
filip75
Facetious
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 AW M4

I just got confirmation from my military sales (www.superiormotorsmsp.com) that my order will be in the batch with the launch dealer cars.
      12-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #33
mpower3330
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp

First on dealer list since November of 2012. Put $1k deposit down. It's refundable and if the car is terrible, which i doubt it will be, I'll walk.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #34
Chill72
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It may be a better car than the old M3 (I'll debate that but lets get passed it), but what if you dont like it or would prefer another brand over the new model? The new M3 is not the best car in the world and while the previous model could be to your liking the new model may not be. The fact that you put yourself on some hypothetical waiting list before seeing or driving the new car is just wrong on so many levels.

Not to mention by showing how desperate and weak to your dealership you most likely guarantee paying MSRP if not even over it. They have you in their pocket, good luck negotiating.
Hmmm after I wrecked my M3 at the track few months ago I did consider other options. As I started, I took a 13 RS5 for a test drive...bottom line I wasn't even close to impressed. I also considered C63 but found out that the factory chassis design does not allow for fat rubber in the back, I found that to be a deal breaker. I went to look at the new Vette, I didn't drive it but I sat in it and got the feel for improved interior. I liked it but the car sits too low for my taste and I need the car to be little more practical. I also drove a 428 and I liked it much more than I thought. Now I know some of the cars I mention are "older" generation but I came to a conclusion that I simply like BMWs more than other cars. That's why I put down a deposit ASAP.

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #35
Chill72
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by basscadet View Post
I do too.

But I also believe GM and Mercedes are trying even harder.

I'm calling to get on the list today, but I want an escape plan if this car turns out to be a turkey.
I'm excited to see what the new C63 (or whatever it'll be called next) will be like. I'm also interested to see the new Mustang. However I hardly think I'll like them more than the new ///Manimal.
Appreciate 0