ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

01-27-2021, 08:49 PM   #45
AlpineF80
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

I ordered the Snow Performance N55 DPI Plate Conversion Kit (plate, lines, rail, nozzles) along with the Stage 4 kit.

Will keep you all posted on the install and fitment. Hopefully their plate conversion clears the ECU and anything else under the manifold!
TopJimmy5392.50
      01-28-2021, 07:31 AM   #46
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineF80 View Post
I ordered the Snow Performance N55 DPI Plate Conversion Kit (plate, lines, rail, nozzles) along with the Stage 4 kit.

Will keep you all posted on the install and fitment. Hopefully their plate conversion clears the ECU and anything else under the manifold!
Somebody's a trendsetter.
      01-28-2021, 07:11 PM   #47
AlpineF80
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineF80 View Post

Somebody's a trendsetter.
Haha far from it.

My J-Pipe has three 1/8NPT bungs in it. Originally was going to use one for boost, then the other two for meth nozzles, but decided to go straight to MPI.

We'll see how this plate works out. Ideally, I would get the EoS manifold, but wasn't in the budget at the moment.

I need to put together a build thread of the various things I've tinkered with. 😂
TopJimmy5392.50
      02-17-2021, 09:03 PM   #48
E92inSG
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

just received my EOS manifold. comes with all the hardware, screws to replace factory, also includes 3 silicone hoses that you might or might not need for your charge pipes and J-pipe. overall, a very solid looking piece of kit. and I'll be using it for direct port meth injection as recommended by my tuner.

Also included a video of the internals of the manifold

I also requested for mine powdercoated clear over the raw aluminum finish. I think powdercoated black is the default. Mike was fantastic to deal with and even consolidated shipping for me from another supplier as I'm an overseas customer

Last edited by E92inSG; 02-18-2021 at 04:12 AM..
Appreciate 4
      02-22-2021, 05:30 PM   #49
Detoxified
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2C HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVYasF80 View Post
Any real power gains?
I think ur misunderstanding the purpose the the intake manifold. People don't buy the manifold and leave all the holes plugged for gains. The purpose is to utilize the features in this manifold. Ie fuel injection, meth injection etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 09:09 PM   #50
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxified View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVYasF80 View Post
Any real power gains?
I think ur misunderstanding the purpose the the intake manifold. People don't buy the manifold and leave all the holes plugged for gains. The purpose is to utilize the features in this manifold. Ie fuel injection, meth injection etc.
😂
      07-02-2021, 03:51 PM   #51
slaughter.mode
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Competition

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [9.80]
Just about to pull the trigger on one of these--curious---anyone have any fitment issues with ID1050x injectors? Their 52/72/95 lb/r rated injectors bring me back to 2001...how old are those? What kind of injectors are they? EoS doesn't reply to e-mails...
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 10:36 PM   #52
E92inSG
Captain
Rep

I had purchased the EOS manifold earlier and intended to use it for PI meth, not injectors.

[/url]

Got everything fitted up and installed, and the hood would not close. The charge cooler reservoir cap was about an inch too high.

Mind u I’ve got an Alibaba carbon GTS hood, and clearance even before the EOS manifold install was very tight with my EOS charge cooler. It would actually be slightly touching.

But with the EOS manifold, it wasn’t even close to being able to close. I can’t say if fitment would have been better if I’d had the stock hood on but I had to remove the EOS manifold and in the end went with drilling the stock manifold for my PI meth injection. It’s worked great so far and provides all the fueling I needed

Fwiw though there are many who have fitted it with zero issues. I don’t know what hoods they’re running though. I’m sure stock clears

It is a beautiful piece of kit and I would have loved to make it work. But I love the GTS hood more. ��

Last edited by E92inSG; 07-03-2021 at 12:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 05:34 AM   #53
slaughter.mode
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Competition

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92inSG View Post
I had purchased the EOS manifold earlier and intended to use it for PI meth, not injectors.

[/url]

Got everything fitted up and installed, and the hood would not close. The charge cooler reservoir cap was about an inch too high.

Mind u I’ve got an Alibaba carbon GTS hood, and clearance even before the EOS manifold install was very tight with my EOS charge cooler. It would actually be slightly touching.

But with the EOS manifold, it wasn’t even close to being able to close. I can’t say if fitment would have been better if I’d had the stock hood on but I had to remove the EOS manifold and in the end went with drilling the stock manifold for my PI meth injection. It’s worked great so far and provides all the fueling I needed

Fwiw though there are many who have fitted it with zero issues. I don’t know what hoods they’re running though. I’m sure stock clears

It is a beautiful piece of kit and I would have loved to make it work. But I love the GTS hood more. ��

Well this is bad news, I am picking up an OEM GTS hood. What kind of J pipe? I also thought it came with a black finish? I need the additional injectors unfortunately but if all I was doing was PI meth then drilling the stock plastic intake manifold makes a lot of sense.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 05:39 AM   #54
E92inSG
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ghost View Post
Well this is bad news, I am picking up an OEM GTS hood. What kind of J pipe? I also thought it came with a black finish? I need the additional injectors unfortunately but if all I was doing was PI meth then drilling the stock plastic intake manifold makes a lot of sense.
I’m using an RK tunes J-pipe. I asked for a custom raw aluminium clear coated finish when I ordered it. I suppose they will powdercoat any colour for u upon request.

I honestly can’t say if you will have an issue with your OEM GTS hood but mine has the same “M” shape under-hood skeleton as the OEM one.

The main issue is the cap on the charge cooler reservoir.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2022, 10:12 PM   #55
xMegaMan
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3(E92),BMW M4(F82)

Wink

Quote:
Bringing up a grave here but lets say you did get the manifold and charge cooler how much gain in performance would I get at stock level ? Id plan on going meth latter on. Eventually my plan is to go big and rebuild the motor,turbos,trans ect. Im also very attracted to this since I hate the cheap plastic look underneath. I appreciate any insight here , thank you.Also could I run just bigger injectors and not have to worry much at stock level ? Crank Hub is done for those about to say that lol.
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2022, 07:14 AM   #56
McBobby Jr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMegaMan View Post
Quote:
Bringing up a grave here but lets say you did get the manifold and charge cooler how much gain in performance would I get at stock level ? Id plan on going meth latter on. Eventually my plan is to go big and rebuild the motor,turbos,trans ect. Im also very attracted to this since I hate the cheap plastic look underneath. I appreciate any insight here , thank you.Also could I run just bigger injectors and not have to worry much at stock level ? Crank Hub is done for those about to say that lol.
Curious on how the gains would be paired with the EOS Intercooler and EOS Manifold. I'm just really curious if the EOS Manifold flows much better than the stock manifold, and if so how much. Haven't seen too much data in this area, and I do understand that the main purpose of the manifold is for supplemental fueling.
previous
'08 E90 335i Montego Blue
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2022, 03:14 AM   #57
xMegaMan
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3(E92),BMW M4(F82)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBobby Jr View Post
Curious on how the gains would be paired with the EOS Intercooler and EOS Manifold. I'm just really curious if the EOS Manifold flows much better than the stock manifold, and if so how much. Haven't seen too much data in this area, and I do understand that the main purpose of the manifold is for supplemental fueling.
I finally got mine in (EOS Mani)but still have some stuff I need, ill keep you updated when I get it all dialed in. My numbers will be off by alot since I will be upgrading my stock snails to kratos
I suggest if you decide to do it start saving for HPFP and LPFP and a controller for PI. Preferably Motiv Reflex Plus

1)https://www.motivmotorsport.com/prod...42053686689955

2)https://precisionraceworks.com/colle...39837599957185

3)https://dorchengineering.com/product...-hpfp-upgrade/
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2022, 01:38 AM   #58
McBobby Jr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMegaMan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBobby Jr View Post
I finally got mine in (EOS Mani)but still have some stuff I need, ill keep you updated when I get it all dialed in. My numbers will be off by alot since I will be upgrading my stock snails to kratos
I suggest if you decide to do it start saving for HPFP and LPFP and a controller for PI. Preferably Motiv Reflex Plus

1)https://www.motivmotorsport.com/prod...42053686689955

2)https://precisionraceworks.com/colle...39837599957185

3)https://dorchengineering.com/product...-hpfp-upgrade/
Thanks, but I won't be going that far on this platform (at least I don't think so). Most I will be doing is Full E85 FBO. What I was curious on is what the benefits of the manifold in terms of flow would be on stock turbos. I'm guessing very minimal, but if I went the upgraded turbos route. I would definitely get a HPFP and LPFP before the EOS manifold and try to say direct injection. Good luck to you.
previous
'08 E90 335i Montego Blue
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2022, 12:52 PM   #59
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Here's my input on the EOS manifold, which I have on my built engine:

- Heat soak is a major factor. A big block of aluminum like this soaks up all the engine heat. My EOS is coated with thermal ceramic and that doesn't stop the heat. I'm adding 50/50 WMI in the J to cool back down…some.

+ The runners off the plenum are longer (for PI), which improves midrange torque. I have no personal data or pre/post dyno, but corvette experience tells me about runner/plenum volume and it's effects.

- The longer runners take up space, and my Wagner TMIC now has minor hood clearance issues. I think a Mishi would still fit well…

- The Meth bungs per runner are not very usable…they're too close to the head for IAT cooling, and you'd use the PI to add fueling. If you ran 6x small Meth nozzles for fueling and one clogs you go Boom with a lean cylinder.

- The interior surface is very rough and loaded with casting flash from when they poured the metal into the molds.

IMHO:
I think the stock plastic manifold plus a good PI spacer would be best in all but the most extreme builds. Plastic doesn't soak heat and this should avoid the need to pre-cool IATs with Meth.
      07-04-2022, 02:07 PM   #60
Wanted_M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Blue M4CS

Has anyone tried to copy the same injection point area as GTS manifold?
You'd think that be the best point for AIT's as BMW placed them there for a reason. That's what I'd like to do and use 3 meth nozzles (250 or 500).

Thoughts?
ARM DP's/Resonated Mid-pipe | SPL links | Hotchkis bars | JRZ RS2/camber plates | K&N | Koyorad HX | Powerflex purple | Rouge | Spiegler | Speed Eng. snorkel | Vargas CBC/hub | Wagner IC | xHP | Xpel stealth ppf
Appreciate 1
      09-05-2023, 01:26 PM   #61
Robb987
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW m4

So where or how does the fuel get hooked up on the new rail? I can't find any info on this at all.
Appreciate 0