Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CENTRAL/SOUTH AMERICA

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-08-2021, 04:59 PM   #4599
GrussGott
Major General
GrussGott's Avatar
United_States
13660
Rep
9,596
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newport Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 3
minn199063.00
icegrill782.50
Lups11564.50
      05-09-2021, 06:49 AM   #4600
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
9063
Rep
8,382
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 21 718, 20 C63S, 212S
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Dafuq?
Appreciate 1
Lups11564.50
      05-09-2021, 08:42 PM   #4601
GrussGott
Major General
GrussGott's Avatar
United_States
13660
Rep
9,596
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newport Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 3
minn199063.00
CT_M31304.50
Lups11564.50
      05-12-2021, 11:20 PM   #4602
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
11873
Rep
14,191
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Has anyone noticed LUPS and Liz Cheney are never in the same place together?
__________________
Ride.........ride on the dragons breath
Appreciate 4
Arcades4351.50
minn199063.00
GrussGott13660.00
Lups11564.50
      05-13-2021, 05:31 PM   #4603
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
11873
Rep
14,191
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
https://twitter.com/anthonycwalker/s...934833665?s=21
Attached Images
 
__________________
Ride.........ride on the dragons breath
Appreciate 1
minn199063.00
      05-14-2021, 01:47 AM   #4604
GrussGott
Major General
GrussGott's Avatar
United_States
13660
Rep
9,596
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newport Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Has anyone noticed LUPS and Liz Cheney are never in the same place together?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 1
Lups11564.50
      05-14-2021, 10:00 PM   #4605
Arcades
Lup's Kid
Arcades's Avatar
Taiwan
4352
Rep
4,486
Posts

Drives: 18' Grigio Medio F80
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Got my 2nd Moderna shot~~
__________________
'18 BMW F80 M3 Competition Grigio Medio/Nutmeg "Stella" // '21 Porsche Macan GTS Chalk/Black 'Elsa'
'22 Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 (On Order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
You're making babies for me!
Appreciate 4
minn199063.00
GrussGott13660.00
Lups11564.50
myzmak2283.00
      05-15-2021, 12:03 AM   #4606
GrussGott
Major General
GrussGott's Avatar
United_States
13660
Rep
9,596
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newport Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I'm vaxxed up, traveling, and researching X5Ms ...

Likes: everything.
Dislikes: gas mileage, range.

On another note, anyone not using JBV1 while roadtripping is a complete idiot - this thing is mindblowing. First, it totally resurrected my old V1 - remember how chatty and annoying it is to use such that you just don't use it? Not anymore - JBV1 eliminates everything but what you want ... but you don't even need a V1, it's that good.

Other stuff it does live:
• Gives you a rolling heat map of where cops usually target, and will announce it if you want it too

• Announces aircraft surveillance! Tells you the tail #, if it's a plane or chopper, if it's a cop dept, what pattern it's flying, etc; was warning me 10-15 min in advance multiple times

• Announces crowd-sourced alerts which is really REALLY fucking accurate ... to the point where you could probably be safe from 90% of daytime driving traps w/o a dectector. E.g.: "warning - sneaky police spotted 9/10ths of a mile ahead; confirmed: 2 thumbs up". This was HUGELY valuable! It warned me *every time* of cops hiding on bridge overpasses with radar off!

• Announces speed limit changes (along w/ your current speed), construction zones, safety warnings, etc - this also proved to be oddly useful

• Auto-pushes profiles to your V1 by any criteria you want - so I was using state-by-state profiles to filter our scanning for shit I don't care about like X & K band in CA ... as you cross the borders it announces profile switches

• Enables you to boost the performance of old V1s by auto-pushing custom sweeps (I ain't no expert at any of this stuff, I just learned about all of it like an hour before we left)
Maybe I"ve been out of the loop too long, but mind blown. Even my wife who HATES that shit was loving the thing and gettin into it.

And, btw, we were running Waze concurrently on her phone (but JBV1 even integrates them both and overlays warnings onto any other app!) and it was garbage compared to JBV1.

I can't believe it's free and a good detector is like $800.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.

Last edited by GrussGott; 05-15-2021 at 12:13 AM..
Appreciate 2
minn199063.00
Arcades4351.50
      05-15-2021, 06:21 AM   #4607
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
11873
Rep
14,191
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
I'm vaxxed up, traveling, and researching X5Ms ...

Likes: everything.
Dislikes: gas mileage, range.

On another note, anyone not using JBV1 while roadtripping is a complete idiot - this thing is mindblowing. First, it totally resurrected my old V1 - remember how chatty and annoying it is to use such that you just don't use it? Not anymore - JBV1 eliminates everything but what you want ... but you don't even need a V1, it's that good.

Other stuff it does live:
• Gives you a rolling heat map of where cops usually target, and will announce it if you want it too

• Announces aircraft surveillance! Tells you the tail #, if it's a plane or chopper, if it's a cop dept, what pattern it's flying, etc; was warning me 10-15 min in advance multiple times

• Announces crowd-sourced alerts which is really REALLY fucking accurate ... to the point where you could probably be safe from 90% of daytime driving traps w/o a dectector. E.g.: "warning - sneaky police spotted 9/10ths of a mile ahead; confirmed: 2 thumbs up". This was HUGELY valuable! It warned me *every time* of cops hiding on bridge overpasses with radar off!

• Announces speed limit changes (along w/ your current speed), construction zones, safety warnings, etc - this also proved to be oddly useful

• Auto-pushes profiles to your V1 by any criteria you want - so I was using state-by-state profiles to filter our scanning for shit I don't care about like X & K band in CA ... as you cross the borders it announces profile switches

• Enables you to boost the performance of old V1s by auto-pushing custom sweeps (I ain't no expert at any of this stuff, I just learned about all of it like an hour before we left)
Maybe I"ve been out of the loop too long, but mind blown. Even my wife who HATES that shit was loving the thing and gettin into it.

And, btw, we were running Waze concurrently on her phone (but JBV1 even integrates them both and overlays warnings onto any other app!) and it was garbage compared to JBV1.

I can't believe it's free and a good detector is like $800.
Looks like it is android only right now.
__________________
Ride.........ride on the dragons breath
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 08:23 PM   #4608
GrussGott
Major General
GrussGott's Avatar
United_States
13660
Rep
9,596
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newport Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Looks like it is android only right now.
Buy one used (hell a new Samsung A71 is $300) - totally worth it over a radar detector, that's for sure ... I use it as a 2nd mounted device anyway, then either connect it to your phone or car's hotspot or get a data SIM (my move).

I really didn't get how advanced this stuff has gotten until I used it ... and if you have an old V1 (or buy one) I'm not sure why you'd need new one unless you're just super into all that stuff (in which case you already have one!)

JBV1 will just keep getting better and better ... for free!

On balance, Waze does have some of this stuff (i.e., crowd-source alerts, but no V1 integration of course), but JBV1 taps into all kinds of other data streams too ... and the best part is, if you permanently mount your old V1 somewhere out of sight JBV1 works wireless via bluetooth so you don't need to the see the display or mess with the controls as long as the unit is turned on - JBV1 auto connects on startup.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.

Last edited by GrussGott; 05-15-2021 at 08:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 11:25 PM   #4609
GrussGott
Major General
GrussGott's Avatar
United_States
13660
Rep
9,596
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newport Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
My wife just pointed out that JBV1 is like the 21st century version of CBs in the 70s:

"Smokey on the road and a Bear in the air"

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 2
Arcades4351.50
minn199063.00
      05-16-2021, 06:38 PM   #4610
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
11873
Rep
14,191
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
So the house I live in, it was hit by a EF three tornado a year and a half ago. Big damage. Today, we just had a little EF zero or EF one hit us.
At the time, I thought it was funny when I was sitting in the grocery store and everyone's phones blew up with the tornado warnings.
And then wife called and said to take cover, our house had already been hit.
The only real damage trucks in the house was to the garage door, my S3 will be staying in there till the garage door is professionally removed. It was kind of lucky I was out, otherwise both our cars would be stuck in there.
Attached Images
   
__________________
Ride.........ride on the dragons breath
Appreciate 2
minn199063.00
GrussGott13660.00
      05-16-2021, 06:57 PM   #4611
Arcades
Lup's Kid
Arcades's Avatar
Taiwan
4352
Rep
4,486
Posts

Drives: 18' Grigio Medio F80
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Jeebus the situation with Porsche cars atm, especially the GT ones are ridiculous.
__________________
'18 BMW F80 M3 Competition Grigio Medio/Nutmeg "Stella" // '21 Porsche Macan GTS Chalk/Black 'Elsa'
'22 Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 (On Order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
You're making babies for me!
Appreciate 1
minn199063.00
      05-16-2021, 09:31 PM   #4612
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
9063
Rep
8,382
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 21 718, 20 C63S, 212S
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
So the house I live in, it was hit by a EF three tornado a year and a half ago. Big damage. Today, we just had a little EF zero or EF one hit us.
At the time, I thought it was funny when I was sitting in the grocery store and everyone's phones blew up with the tornado warnings.
And then wife called and said to take cover, our house had already been hit.
The only real damage trucks in the house was to the garage door, my S3 will be staying in there till the garage door is professionally removed. It was kind of lucky I was out, otherwise both our cars would be stuck in there.
Geez, sorry to hear that, glad everyone is safe and it is only minor damage. We’ve had three EF1 tornadoes very very close to our house over the last decade, but have been lucky that there was no damage. We did have our roof replaced because of a bad hail storm unrelated to those three tornadoes though.
Appreciate 2
GrussGott13660.00
Arcades4351.50
      05-16-2021, 10:38 PM   #4613
GrussGott
Major General
GrussGott's Avatar
United_States
13660
Rep
9,596
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newport Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Geez, sorry to hear that, glad everyone is safe and it is only minor damage. We’ve had three EF1 tornadoes very very close to our house over the last decade, but have been lucky that there was no damage. We did have our roof replaced because of a bad hail storm unrelated to those three tornadoes though.
Yeah, sorry to hear Cap'n! I thought you were in California! Then I looked and saw 2 tornados hit recently Glad all are ok.

We've had our house hit by lightning twice, but luckily no tornado experience!
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 10:41 PM   #4614
GrussGott
Major General
GrussGott's Avatar
United_States
13660
Rep
9,596
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newport Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Hey y'all check out this badass motherfucker I saw today:







I think it's early 80s based on the square vs round headlights ... the Giorgetto Giugiaro design is so iconic, I'd love to have one these badboys ...
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 2
minn199063.00
Arcades4351.50
      05-17-2021, 11:44 AM   #4615
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
11873
Rep
14,191
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
https://www.businessinsider.com/gop-...g-house-2021-5
Attached Images
 
__________________
Ride.........ride on the dragons breath
Appreciate 1
minn199063.00
      05-17-2021, 02:05 PM   #4616
GrussGott
Major General
GrussGott's Avatar
United_States
13660
Rep
9,596
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newport Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
We don't know what kind of tourism he enjoys. In other authoritarian, cultural separatist news:
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2021, 06:15 PM   #4617
GrussGott
Major General
GrussGott's Avatar
United_States
13660
Rep
9,596
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newport Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Badass - checkout this bitchin Classic of the Day! I believe this is a mid-90s Firebird ... I even met the guy, super cool dude, put the top down and boogied outa there



In a related story, here's my BMW car spotting so far after a week's worth of driving almost the entire west coast including lots of city / suburbs driving:

* Many many many BMW f 4 series, i.e., no big grille, including lots of Ms (I'm parked next to one now)
* Many X5s, especially in Seattle, and lots of X3s
* Some 8 series
* Zero big grille specials
* Zero X4s/X6s

One odd note: I've also seen a lot of Harley guys with super loud Harleys and I started noticing .... most are wearing earplugs! What on earth is the point of a loud exhaust that you muffle for yourself?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 3
Arcades4351.50
CT_M31304.50
      05-17-2021, 06:50 PM   #4618
Arcades
Lup's Kid
Arcades's Avatar
Taiwan
4352
Rep
4,486
Posts

Drives: 18' Grigio Medio F80
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Badass - checkout this bitchin Classic of the Day! I believe this is a mid-90s Firebird ... I even met the guy, super cool dude, put the top down and boogied outa there



In a related story, here's my BMW car spotting so far after a week's worth of driving almost the entire west coast including lots of city / suburbs driving:

* Many many many BMW f 4 series, i.e., no big grille, including lots of Ms (I'm parked next to one now)
* Many X5s, especially in Seattle, and lots of X3s
* Some 8 series
* Zero big grille specials
* Zero X4s/X6s

One odd note: I've also seen a lot of Harley guys with super loud Harleys and I started noticing .... most are wearing earplugs! What on earth is the point of a loud exhaust that you muffle for yourself?
Because we are all stupid
__________________
'18 BMW F80 M3 Competition Grigio Medio/Nutmeg "Stella" // '21 Porsche Macan GTS Chalk/Black 'Elsa'
'22 Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 (On Order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
You're making babies for me!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 05:05 PM   #4619
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11565
Rep
15,188
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Has anyone noticed LUPS and Liz Cheney are never in the same place together?
I know I talk up wyoming and that I'm a blonde, but for fucks sake, a gop leadership role?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 1
minn199063.00
      05-20-2021, 12:56 AM   #4620
GrussGott
Major General
GrussGott's Avatar
United_States
13660
Rep
9,596
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newport Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I know I talk up wyoming and that I'm a blonde, but for fucks sake, a gop leadership role?
Turns out we're at the point where "believes in and will fight for democracy" is the rare quality to find and everything else is gravy.

Authoritarianism is on the march!

It's funny, because in my emo existential teens, reading things like Beckett's Happy Days:
Winnie, buried to her waist, follows her daily routine and prattles to her husband, Willie, who is largely hidden and taciturn. Her frequent refrain is "Oh this is a happy day." Later, in Act II, she is buried up to her neck, but continues to talk and remember happier days.
& Ionesco's Rhinoceros
Over the course of three acts, the inhabitants of a small, provincial French town turn into rhinoceroses; ultimately the only human who does not succumb to this mass metamorphosis is the central character, Bérenger, a flustered everyman figure who is initially criticized in the play for his drinking, tardiness, and slovenly lifestyle and then, later, for his increasing paranoia and obsession with the rhinoceroses. The play is often read as a response and criticism to the sudden upsurge of Fascism and Nazism during the events preceding World War II
At the time it seemed like old timey stuff from backwards people from days long gone ... who'da thought it would all happen again <100 years later!
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 2
minn199063.00
Lups11564.50
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST